Post-Game Talk: Stars @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Talbot beat clean from past the circles 4 times in two games. This injury is gonna be a huge problem.

Yup. Even if they're nice shots he can't give up all of these straight shot goals. No excuses. I like Talbot and think he's a perfect back up. He didn't play BAD per se, but if Hank is in net we have 4 points out of these games not 1.

That 2nd goal tonight was a buzz kill momentum killer.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
he3df.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I remember machinehead saying we can win the cup with Talbot. Talbot would be one of the worst goalies in the playoffs, if not the worst. Guy's good once in a while but that was pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No it won't. Talbot has played good in both games, just unfortunate situations in how they ended.

So funny how the opinions differ...

“@BlueshirtBanter: The silver lining is Talbot easily held his own against two very good offensive teams. Positives all around for him.â€

A goalies has never had a bad game ever, I get it.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Boyle isn't killing this team. If you gave him a Stralman jersey people would be raving about his play

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
T-Bot 0-2, Boyle and St. Louis killing this team, one with being a slow old turd the other one by being invisible... Stempniak could and should be replaced by Hrivik from Hartford, nothing he can't do that Lee can. Tough loss.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Boyle was our best player tonight.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
We did get a point out of it. Not the best outcome, but i'll happily take it as opposed to leaving empty handed.

Hopefully the team improves so that next game, they come out in the first like they did today in the third.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Talbot is not a starter. Many times the Rangers would tighten up defensively in front of him. That is not happening right now and he is getting exposed.

The first line was terrible. MSL especially. He is slowly becoming a detriment to this team. Put him with Hayes and shelter them with soft competition and high OZ starts. I would say move Kreider to the first PP unit but he and Nash would be redundant.

Brassard was below average. Zucc not far behind. Dan Boyle was great. The rest of the defense was very meh.

All four guys royally ****ed up on the winning goal. Nash was lost in the defensive zone. Staal may have obstructed Talbot's view.

That second Dallas goal cannot go in.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Bottom line is that right now Nash is the only one really scoring. All the pass happy forwards in our top six right now need to start chipping in goals - Brassard, Stepan, Zuccarello and St. Louis.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I remember machinehead saying we can win the cup with Talbot. Talbot would be one of the worst goalies in the playoffs, if not the worst. Guy's good once in a while but that was pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

He's looked good in the past, but maybe the "he's sheltered" crowd is onto something.

He's faced 12 shots after the 30-minute mark in two games and has given up 5 goals.

BarbaraAlphanse

Cam has played exceptionally well, considering the circumstances.

He has come a long way. Was the 2nd goal one he would like to have back? Sure. But Hank said it best a couple of weeks ago. A goalie can be playing extremely well for 59 minutes and then one bad shot can torment him.

Applaud Cam, he's done awesome so far. Hate on him is unwarranted, considering the golden child McDonagh is having literally one of the worst seasons NY has seen out of a captain.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Rangers don't get good puck handling the last two games. Must be the travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad