GDT: Stars lose to Nashville 4-1

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The smart answer would be to start the kid. Other teams have a lot of luck against the Stars with the unknown kid getting his first start. Why not give it a shot?

HockeyStatistician

Feb 26, 2018
Texas
latest

RIP Stars... sigh

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm gonna guess Nashville wins 5-2. 2 late 2nd period goals will blow it open for them

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It blows my mind that Hitch and Nill think Brett Ritchie is a top 6 forward and worthy of a powerplay spot...I mean at least put Dickinson in his spot he has some offensive ability and is actually a realistic option for a top 6 forward...Ritchie is a 4th liner and always will be.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dickinson with Radulov! At least for a little

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
It blows my mind that Hitch and Nill think Brett Ritchie is a top 6 forward and worthy of a powerplay spot...I mean at least put Dickinson in his spot he has some offensive ability and is actually a realistic option for a top 6 forward...Ritchie is a 4th liner and always will be.

It's insanely aggravating.

When I see Shore and Ritchie in the top six I get seriously triggered.

Reactions: Kcb12345

HockeyStatistician

Feb 26, 2018
Texas
Well that was suboptimal.

Spezza, Shore, Ritchie, anyone? Hello...????

Kari gave you a chance to win and you pissed it away. The PP was a joke tonight.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well, I see people defend Ritchie because of his fancy stats. He is god awful and it's indefensible. He can bring a physical aspect which is something I guess. More than Shore who doesn't contribute anything.

Spezza is just burning Gaglardi's money and has another season to go. Damn I would be pissed if I had to pay him 7.5 million to do NOTHING.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, I see people defend Ritchie because of his fancy stats. He is god awful and it's indefensible. He can bring a physical aspect which is something I guess. More than Shore who doesn't contribute anything.

Spezza is just burning Gaglardi's money and has another season to go. Damn I would be pissed if I had to pay him 7.5 million to do NOTHING.

Shore is way more useful in my eyes. Ritchie has 12 points in 58 games. At least Shore has a chance at hitting 30 this year

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Shore is a better top 6 forward then Ritchie. Play Dickinson with Benn and Seguin even, he's better then Ritchie

I didn't think we had a chance of winning tonight with the back to back and injuries, but I thought we played pretty good. Didn't get many chances to score, but played decent overall

Honka looked good at least. I would love to see Hintz play

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shore is a better top 6 forward then Ritchie. Play Dickinson with Benn and Seguin even, he's better then Ritchie

I didn't think we had a chance of winning tonight with the back to back and injuries, but I thought we played pretty good. Didn't get many chances to score, but played decent overall

Honka looked good at least. I would love to see Hintz play

Unless someone is injured and truly can't play, it doesn't sound like we will see Hintz. If the Stars play him then they only have one more call-up that they can do the rest of the season (per Sean Shapiro). That's why he keeps getting sent back down. He is purely an emergency option and not a legit contender to play, but I'd love to see it too.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Unless someone is injured and truly can't play, it doesn't sound like we will see Hintz. If the Stars play him then they only have one more call-up that they can do the rest of the season (per Sean Shapiro). That's why he keeps getting sent back down. He is purely an emergency option and not a legit contender to play, but I'd love to see it too.

I'd like to see what Hintz can do as well. However I wonder if there will be room for him next season. I assume the Stars will re-sign Shore. Not sure about Smith or Elie being back but I'm guessing one of the two at least will. Nichushkin will be here assumingly. Ritchie still has another year on his deal. When is Dickinson gonna get a real shot etc. Might be too many (mediocre) bodies in his way.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd like to see what Hintz can do as well. However I wonder if there will be room for him next season. I assume the Stars will re-sign Shore. Not sure about Smith or Elie being back but I'm guessing one of the two at least will. Nichushkin will be here assumingly. Ritchie still has another year on his deal. When is Dickinson gonna get a real shot etc. Might be too many (mediocre) bodies in his way.

Honestly I don't see why Dickinson isn't in the lineup as a regular. His 2-way game is actually really good and he's a smart player offensively and is physical too. Feels like a great Hanzal replacement but I have a feeling they'll take him out when Faksa comes back. Hitch says he trusts and likes him though so you never know I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad