GDT: Stars @ Leafs | 9-2 - the Stars Record, or what the Score Will be? | 11.2.7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It always seems when we play Dallas, it is a gong-show game, with lots of goals (usually for Dallas). So it will be interesting to see how they perform vs . Babcock's "the Buck stops with me, I'll fix this." speech from Saturday night.

Rielly/Hunwick will more than likely be tasked to shut down Seguin/Benn
Spezza tends to score on us everytime he plays (he's got a a v. good ppg vs the Leafs going on in his career).

Bernier more than likely will be getting the start, and I don't forsee any lineup changes .
Reimer is Starting, Spaling is in.

this will get updated through the day. it will not be fancy. but i'll try to get all the information to you.

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I think Dallas is a sleeper this year. With their additions (Sharp, Oduya, Neimi), they are an improved squad and have been performing well. Their 1C and 2C combination is quite good & amongst the best in the league.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
It always seems when we play Dallas, it is a gong-show game, with lots of goals (usually for Dallas). So it will be interesting to see how they perform vs . Babcock's "the Buck stops with me, I'll fix this." speech from Saturday night.

Rielly/Hunwick will more than likely be tasked to shut down Seguin/Benn
Spezza tends to score on us everytime he plays (he's got a a v. good ppg vs the Leafs going on in his career).

Bernier more than likely will be getting the start, and I don't forsee any lineup changes .

My bet is Reimer.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Well there are 4 games this week so likely Reimer gets one, but yeah likely Bernier gets the Dallas game.

Maybe the Leafs can add a point or two this week- or at least get a few goals? :laugh:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Some goals would be nice. The only thing I really care about is the team getting back on track with their game. Working hard, supporting each other, managing the puck. That's the foundation that you want to insert our youngsters into. It falling apart would be a big problem.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
What I found amusing is that Babcock post game spoke of how the team wasn't following anything of what they have been practising then he proceeded to mention their day off on Sunday. This is why it's so hard to rehabilitate NHL teams now. Not only can a team not be put through a punishing practice after laying a collective egg, they can't even reconvene to discuss what happened in that game. Basically it all comes down to the individual player's personal commitment to team goals.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'd like to see these lines:

JVR - Kadri - Lupul
Matthias - Holland - Winnik
Komorov - Bozak - Grabner
Boyes - Spaling/Frose - PAP

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I'd rather switch jvr and leo, I like leo and kadri, he gets in the dirty areas and wins puck battles to get posession, lupul and jvr dont do that, atleast as effectively

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

JVR - Kadri - Lupul

I'd rather see:

van Riemsdyk-Nylander-Winnik
Kapanen-Bozak-Lupul
Komorov-Kadri-Soshnikov
Matthias-Holland-Panik

Rielly-Hunwick
Paneuf-Gardiner
Loov-Harrington

Bibeau
Bernier

Would they win?
Who fricken cares!

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm suspecting this one could get ugly with Seguin and Benn feasting on the Leafs.

I don't think Leafs will be able to slow them down and they will look at this game as an opportunity to stats pad for the Dallas pair as they shoot up the scoring race.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
On one hand, we may win, cause LOL LEAFS

On the other, we should probably be destroyed.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Nah, it seems Babcock is set on Bernier now.

Though they may want to get Reimer in there since Bernier just played the last couple of games, and then play Bernier against Winnipeg... Or they'll play Bernier tomorrow and Reimer against Winnipeg.

I hope we give it tomorrow. The first goal was unlucky, but even with the puck squeezing out, someone should have been between Perron to make sure he couldn't have tapped it in. After that, it was just sloppiness throughout, and I don't think we gave nearly as great of an effort as we should have.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Though they may want to get Reimer in there since Bernier just played the last couple of games, and then play Bernier against Winnipeg... Or they'll play Bernier tomorrow and Reimer against Winnipeg.

I hope we give it tomorrow. The first goal was unlucky, but even with the puck squeezing out, someone should have been between Perron to make sure he couldn't have tapped it in. After that, it was just sloppiness throughout, and I don't think we gave nearly as great of an effort as we should have.

We have a back to back again next weekend, so that's when Reimer will get in. I'd bet the 4 games this week will be;

Bernier
Bernier*
Reimer
Bernier

Barring Bernier has a complete meltdown vs Dallas

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

JVR - Kadri - Lupul

I don't know how much Babcock will alter the lineups, but I do hope Froese and Clune are out for Boyes and Spaling. We need Boyes more than we need Clune.

If they want to keep them up... Well whatever I guess. Not the end of the world. I expect a couple of forwards (and Polak) to be traded before Christmas, so we'll have some of our veteran AHLers (Panik, Frattin and Arcobello) back up in no time.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
The Maple Leafs had a really wonky schedule in October (back to backs each weekend, week off break) November looks to be a bit more consistent and I wonder if that helps the team at all. Think it's been something that's been overlooked in all this losing. I'd be interested to compare stats in October vs. November.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The Maple Leafs had a really wonky schedule in October (back to backs each weekend, week off break) November looks to be a bit more consistent and I wonder if that helps the team at all. Think it's been something that's been overlooked in all this losing. I'd be interested to compare stats in October vs. November.

It was an ideal situation ... no complaints about lack of coaching opportunities.

Couple games, review, work on weaknesses, couple games repeat.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
It was an ideal situation ... no complaints about lack of coaching opportunities.

Couple games, review, work on weaknesses, couple games repeat.

I think it works great when trying to establish practice habits. But I bet if you ask the players they prefer a game every other night rather than the schedule they had. So I think when trying to establish chemistry, more consistent game schedules help.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think it works great when trying to establish practice habits. But I bet if you ask the players they prefer a game every other night rather than the schedule they had. So I think when trying to establish chemistry, more consistent game schedules help.

True, but with a new coach and new system you ideally would like as much practice time early on to implement the changes.

Once you get to games every other day there is almost zero practice time.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Kind of hard to forsee a win here, I'm really just hoping for a bit of offence and a game played hard. Mathias and Boyes need to net a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad