GDT: Stars @ Leafs 7pm SN February 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Dallas was in Buffalo last night and won 2-1. Leafs catch a break as Dallas started All-Star goalie Oettinger. Ontario born Scott Wedgewood is also very good and should be starting in net tonight.

Screenshot_2024-02-07-08-14-17~2.png

Screenshot_2024-02-07-14-35-27~2.png

Will the secondary scoring show up? GLG

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I expect the team to play well overall, make some idiotic mistakes that end up in their net and hope the big boys come through in the end.

The only question is, who will the mistake-maker be this time? Tune in to find out!

Reactions: fahad203

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I remember Matthews broke Rick Vaive’s goal scoring record for Toronto against wedge wood in his hart year. 2 goals if I remember correctly including the OT winner

Hopefully we can have some hart Matthews magic tonight because the islanders game was not that man

Nylander needs to wake tf up, Tavares needs to try and be useful 5 on 5, Marner needs to start producing more

our offence needs to come through more than Samsonov, we are built to score, the fact we aren’t top 3 in goals is more shocking than the fact that we aren’t top 8 in goals against. We sacrificed defence for offence, and somehow both regressed

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
our offence needs to come through more than Samsonov, we are built to score, the fact we aren’t top 3 in goals is more shocking than the fact that we aren’t top 8 in goals against. We sacrificed defence for offence, and somehow both regressed
Even with 2 goals in the last 2 for Tavares, these numbers look ugly:

Tavares - 3 goals in last 15
Jarnkrok - 2 goals in last 16 (injured)
Bertuzzi - 1 goal in last 28
Gregor - 1 goal in last 23
Kampf - 1 goal in last 21 (injured)
Knies - 1 goal in last 20
Domi - 1 goal in last 18

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I remember Matthews broke Rick Vaive’s goal scoring record for Toronto against wedge wood in his hart year. 2 goals if I remember correctly including the OT winner

Hopefully we can have some hart Matthews magic tonight because the islanders game was not that man

Nylander needs to wake tf up, Tavares needs to try and be useful 5 on 5, Marner needs to start producing more

Exactly! Blaming the goalie is nonsensical. Are the Leafs spending 40M plus on offence or on goaltending? This team is supposed to be built to score. But yea, it's always the goalie's fault he can't carry the 40M boys.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario

Domi - 1 goal in last 18
Absolutely brutal. You would hope Keefe would change up the lines and promote Robertson or load up a line with 3 of the core 4 or something. Whatever he's been doing has not been working, it's been all Matthews. Need to find some lines with chemistry or teams will just gameplan to shutdown Matthews and we are screwed.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Domi - 1 goal in last 18

Bertuzzi is simply not working out for us at all. I'd move him and retain at 50% to get something for him.

We need Jarnkrok back, he makes our third line better. Domi I don't care about, if he's setting up Robertson, but I think Domi has something like 2 points in the last 12.. both assists.

Tavares has been getting opportunities, but not finishing... we need him finishing.

Gregor, Kampf, McMann don't score, and are regularly caved. Maybe time to try Steeves, or one of the AHL guys.

Knies... I appreciate rookie year, more games than NCAA, but this is a guy we need to produce more... a lot of pressure on a rookie...

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

Domi - 1 goal in last 18
That is a f***ing garbage hockey team. Period.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
It is nice that we dodge Otter. They're still a solid team though, Leafs will need to earn it.

Reactions: ToneDog

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
This year is odd for me.
I remember always standing watchin and playing the “we’re up/down this many points, With __ games in hand” and it’s not that I’m not interested , I don’t miss a game.

I just can’t be bothered with the regular season fretting. Cause we should be making it and we should be a team that’s prepping for a long playoff; not worrying if the Islanders are going to catch us in a wildcard race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad