GDT: Stars General Thread '23-24

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Hakanpaa dropping off as much as he did sure does speak to the idea him playing through an injury tanked his performance. I'd be curious to see a breakdown over the course of the season to see if it got worse and worse.
hak_rolling_average.JPG

So slow start, some peaks of effectiveness midseason, then another slide to end.

Reactions: LT and Troy McClure

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
And to be fair to Hakanpaa, since this usually ends up as a Lundkvist/Hakanpaa cage match where you must take sides, he has been done no favors by this coaching staff's D pairs either.

Obviously Hak would benefit from playing with a puckmoving LHD. And in the small sample of Harley-Hakanpaa (16% frequency) he was fine. But instead it's either Lindell-Hak or Suter-Hak which make no sense and predictably get trapped in their zone forever and bleed shots/chances.

Reactions: Klockis

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Apparently DeBoer was on TheTicket today and said game 1 & 2 will be on Monday & Wednesday.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
f***ing espn in their big playoff preview notes that Dallas has been much better since finally getting a RHD in Tanev to pair with Miro…

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So who Daddy pushin out to play on the 4th line? Got to be Smith right? Faksa earns his money in the playoffs plus he’s the center and Steel has been an excellent 4th liner. Smith has been a good 4th liner and I expect we see him at some point in the playoffs.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

Didn't see this here yet. Tough news, I enjoyed following the tournament.

That's sad. Are other teams cheaping out on the travel/accommodations? Toronto has more money than God so that doesn't make sense.

Reactions: LT

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
That's sad. Are other teams cheaping out on the travel/accommodations? Toronto has more money than God so that doesn't make sense.

They're probably just gonna go join the one in Buffalo like half a dozen other teams have done. I can't for the life of me figure out why the f*** you'd wanna spend any time in Buffalo, but it is what it is.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They're probably just gonna go join the one in Buffalo like half a dozen other teams have done. I can't for the life of me figure out why the f*** you'd wanna spend any time in Buffalo, but it is what it is.

Is Traverse City really any better?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah absolutely. Traverse City in the summer/fall is a real tourist destination

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Niagara Falls is close I suppose

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

I'd assume teams were tired of going to a run down, grimy rural rink in the middle of no where when so many teams are investing in expensive training facilities and practice rinks.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well regardless I think it's still a positive for the Stars to do it even if the Wings are the only opponent. Detroit always has a serious prospect pool and isn't mailing it in or filling the roster out with scrubs. And there's something to be said for the prospects to travel as a team, put on the jersey, and perform in a simulated game environment even if you're not drawing any terribly serious conclusions from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad