Stars Finnally pick head coach

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
After interviewing many coaches the American Airlines center was packed with reporters to meet the new head coach. Dallas GM walked out and had this to say " The Dallas Stars would like to welcome the future coach of the Dallas Stars Mike Yeo".

Mike Yeo was just recently hired by the NHL Wild after leading the Aeros to a Calder Cup Final. At 37 years old he will be the youngest bench boss but has got a Stanley Cup ring for being the assistant GM of the Red Wings.

"Yeo has a very impressive resume and hes young we are going through a transitional phase where we are getting younger he will be able to grow with the group and use that experience to lead us to a cup once again. Said GM Niece

"i look forward to leading this fine organization to glory they have a solid core here and i have a feeling i will get along well here i only hope i can do as well as ex coach Ken Hitchcock he lead this team to a cup and i hope one day i can too".

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I remember Mike when he was playing for Sudbury, back in the day. God I'm old. :cry:

A brave move for our league, picking someone who hasn't coached a single NHL game yet - but I guess you coudl consider it an investment in the future success of the team (assuming he can achieve any kind of success in Minny, which is very up in the air given their roster issues). That, and an investment in a top-10 draft pick next year... ;)

(Actually, we don't have any evidence that the coaches have any effect, so it may be moot.)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
For the prosecution, I'd like to call Guy Carbonneau to the stand...

Exactamundo! (with all due respect to Guy...)

Clearly the important "coach" in this version of the sim is the GM who makes the line combinations.... him and Bufu. So either way Drew is in like Flynn. (And I'm doomed to expensive mediocrity...)

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Well there are no NHL bench bosses that have jobs that arent picked already so i had to gamble it was between him or NHL stars head coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad