Stars 5 year projection

behlsterx77

Jul 3, 2012
I don't know how people will like this but I have an interest in everyone's thoughts.
Just think of possible moves and player development and there target rolls on the team.
To start I'll throw up a line up
Benn Seguin Nichuskin
Open open Ritchie
Eakin peverly rousell
Garbutt open open

So I think those would be some good roll spots for our forwards I obviously think we need a better second line so that's why I have those open spots. I don't know how faksa will fit in maybe he will be a great 2nd liner but I'm thinking more of a third line career.
Eakin and peverly would be a sweet shut down checking line that with speed could counter punch and give us some offense.
Fourth line we will need some fast style scrappy guys.

On d we need an overhaul I think Dillon and oleksiak stay from what I've heard Nill wants to bring the old dallas defense back with some size.

I see Kari and Campbell having a nice goalie battle and might lead to the eventual departure of Kari.

Let me know what you think I kind of did this fast to spark up some convo will love to add more. And I have some interesting Insite Nd will share what I can of what I know.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I don't know how people will like this but I have an interest in everyone's thoughts.
Just think of possible moves and player development and there target rolls on the team.
To start I'll throw up a line up
Benn Seguin Nichuskin
Open open Ritchie
Eakin peverly rousell
Garbutt open open

So I think those would be some good roll spots for our forwards I obviously think we need a better second line so that's why I have those open spots. I don't know how faksa will fit in maybe he will be a great 2nd liner but I'm thinking more of a third line career.
Eakin and peverly would be a sweet shut down checking line that with speed could counter punch and give us some offense.
Fourth line we will need some fast style scrappy guys.

On d we need an overhaul I think Dillon and oleksiak stay from what I've heard Nill wants to bring the old dallas defense back with some size.

I see Kari and Campbell having a nice goalie battle and might lead to the eventual departure of Kari.

Let me know what you think I kind of did this fast to spark up some convo will love to add more. And I have some interesting Insite Nd will share what I can of what I know.

CP1mGzz.gif

MetalGodAOD*

These are always silly and pointless. So much changes in 5 years that we as fans can't expect. Want to know what our lines were at this point in 2009?

Brian Sutherby- Brad Richards- Loui Eriksson
Steve Ott - Mike Ribeiro- Jere Lehtinen
James Neal- Mike Modano- Chris Conner
Joel Lundqvist- Toby Petersen- Kry Barch

Not a single member of that forward core is on the Stars today.

Primetimey*

Benn, Seguin, Nichushkin, and Eakin will be the only forwards on the team today that have a shot to be on the team in five years.

Dillon the only defenseman

No current goalie will be around.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I actually do this kind of process more like a depth chart (with some added creativity like not caring about wing sides), so I keep a .txt on my desktop that looks like this:

Benn Seguin Nichushkin
Ritchie Eakin Chiasson
Roussel Faksa Sceviour
Stransky Dickinson Garbutt
Guptill Shore McKenzie
Ully Glennie G.Smith
Elie

Oleksiak Dillon
Klingberg Nemeth
Connauton Jokipakka
Sinitsyn Bystrom
Gaunce

As people get moved or drafted, I slot them in or out. The names are added based on how likely I think it is they could make the team in the future.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I have some insight too: try using some punctuation and proof reading.

That lineup from 5 years ago is funny, I can't believe the 100% turnover rate. Robidas and Daley must be the only two players left from that 2009 team.

I'm fairly sure of a few things:

1.There will be at least 1 or 2 big and surprising blockbuster trades. There was the Brad Richards trade, the Goligoski trade, the Seguin trade, etc.

2. We'll probably get a player or two and turn them into something worth having for little to nothing in return. The Lehtonen trade and the Ribeiro trade (For nininininininima) come to mind.

3. We'll sign some more crappy UFAs, we're pretty good at that. I remember someone pointed out that every single vet on this roster is having a season that is below their career number averages. Bravo.

4. If we're lucky we'll have another franchise-changing Jamie Benn-like home run of a late draft pick.

Past that, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure we have to make the playoffs eventually, but we've been saying that for the last 6 years now so it's hard to consider that a slam dunk after what we've seen as fans. I hope Benn, Seguin, and Nichushkin are still here in that span, but if one of them is gone for a top pairing defenseman at some point in the future I wouldn't be surprised.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
5 years from now Peverly will still be here? Highly doubt he's here past next year (or even the trade deadline next year).

behlsterx77

Jul 3, 2012
These are always silly and pointless. So much changes in 5 years that we as fans can't expect. Want to know what our lines were at this point in 2009?

Brian Sutherby- Brad Richards- Loui Eriksson
Steve Ott - Mike Ribeiro- Jere Lehtinen
James Neal- Mike Modano- Chris Conner
Joel Lundqvist- Toby Petersen- Kry Barch

Not a single member of that forward core is on the Stars today.

i understand that but what you apparently don't see is the age of those players.... all of them were passing there prime and richards was on the end of his contract. that being said we did not have a stable ownership group. on top of that we did not have the best gm in the world no explaining needed there neal and niskanen for who again? SO.....

we have a young roster and a gm who comes out of DETROITS organization do i need to explain their success and how there roster has looked for the past idk 10 years. and so yes we can expect certain things based on what information we are given. of course we won't be able to get it exactly right but thats the fun of it. but yes there is a HUGE difference in the line up from 2009 but it was a different era then.

things that i am sure of is that Nill is going to overhaul our defense this off season he wants to add size and obviously wants to improve them from the garbage they are now.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
meh why not! Who knows down the road, but I hope Benn and Seguin are still here :yo:

Benn - Seguin - Nich
FA or trade - Dickinson - Ritchie
Eakin - Faksa - Chiasson
Garbutt - Vet - Elli

not even gonna attempt D lol

Campbell
Mcbackup

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Peverley and Garbutt are likely not here in 5 years. Faksa will be the 3rd line center, and Eakin will either be the 2nd C, 2nd LW, or glue-guy. Dickinson or Shore will probably be the 2nd line C. Hard to say beyond that.

behlsterx77

Jul 3, 2012
meh why not! Who knows down the road, but I hope Benn and Seguin are still here :yo:

Benn - Seguin - Nich
FA or trade - Dickinson - Ritchie
Eakin - Faksa - Chiasson
Garbutt - Vet - Elli

not even gonna attempt D lol

Campbell
Mcbackup
Yeah our d is atrocious. You think Dickinson will be a solid 2 slot center if all goes well? Just curios I personally don't know to much of him.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Hopefully it's Roussel that is here in five rather than Garbutt. Otherwise will be a little disappointed in Nill. (Unless some teams throw crazy money at him)

Dallasman

Jun 23, 2002
Edmonton,Alberta
This is hard to predict because of draft picks we take next year and the year after might just be in the NHL as well so hard to say.

Benn & Seguin will be here for sure, along with Dillion I have to think. After that, it's really a crapshoot as far as I'm concerned.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah our d is atrocious. You think Dickinson will be a solid 2 slot center if all goes well? Just curios I personally don't know to much of him.

More hope then anything at this point, but I like his style, his character, he`s got good size. Hard to say, but if he can find consistency and can continue to get better I dont see why not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad