Post-Game Talk: Stars 5 Oilers 2

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Pretty solid final 45 minutes or so of the game, but didn't push nearly hard enough in the 3rd. And you will rarely see such a putrid start to a game.

What a bunch of losers.

How long before Hall asks for a trade? He's literally the only player on this team worth a damn. Everyone else sucks to varying degrees.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Based on zone play and offensive zone pressure the Oilers deserved a better fate. They deserved to lose, however, because of the numerous defensive gaffes they made that ended in the back of their net.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Another -2 points in the lottery bank. I don't get the love for gagner from Eakins .

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
Damn it, Oilers. We were shooting for 10 in a row and you ruined it. Well, I know what fanbase isn't getting a crockpot for Christmas 2014...

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Gagner needs to in the PB until dealt.

Word. That mother****er was solely responsible on the 4th... that was his ****ING man that he drifted away from, one of his innumerable ****** habits. I used to think he'd bring somewhat decent value but at this point it's a plus just to get rid of that lazy ****.

They actually had a good effort, no real passengers tonight unlike the typical garbage. But what else is new, they lose. *edit* Should give lots of praise to Marincin because he continues to impress.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
collegehumor.77f93a195f3815e5e476c2b871a87314.jpg

We got your back, Dallas!

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Oilers still finding ways to lose!

**** you Lowe! Step down already! Your damage is done! Time to move the **** on!

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I swear the Oilers are the best team in the NHL after they go down by 3 goals. Need someone to do that analysis looking at Corsi.

jbean

Jan 17, 2009
It's really hard picturing this team making a playoff push. We have only put together back to back wins three times all season. We haven't gained an ounce of momentum since Eakins has been hired.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Word. That mother****er was solely responsible on the 4th... that was his ****ING man that he drifted away from, one of his innumerable ****** habits. I used to think he'd bring somewhat decent value but at this point it's a plus just to get rid of that lazy ****.

They actually had a good effort, no real passengers tonight unlike the typical garbage. But what else is new, they lose. *edit* Should give lots of praise to Marincin because he continues to impress.

Agreed on Marincin. I think they've found a decent D there.

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
Can anyone with this game pvr'd check around the 13 min mark of the 3rd for a Hall hissyfit right before a 3 oiler collision at center ice? I was streaming and cant back up.

It almost looked like he snapped because he didn't get the outlet pass....or because someone who's name rhymes with slowpants did :sarcasm:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Am I the only one that thought they played decent? Bryz left me really scratching my head twice, and that was basically the difference

Yeah I think they played ok -- but once again, poor D coverage/missed assignments and lousy puck making choices. What else is new? Like a broken record every PGT in here, we all see the problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad