Post-Game Talk: Stars 4 - Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
he played 10:30, scheifele, his linemate played 21:55 but I guess he only missed 5 mins in the 3rd...
He was still on the top line in the 3rd period... Connor played 19mins so thats probably a better comparable - whatever who cares.

Did you watch the game? CSV was by no means dominating anyone out there.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Honestly I don't see much out there on the trade market that would really help in terms of wingers, nor would I want to give up a Kings Ransome for one of them.

We have a player that played at a high end top 6 level the first 35 games of the season in Perfetti. He's lacking in confidence and isn't getting much puck luck right now, but imo the coaching staff needs to do whatever they can to get him going again as they need the first half version back heading into the playoffs.

It's likely easier to work at getting him going then to find a top 6 winger to trade for.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Honestly I don't see much out there on the trade market that would really help in terms of wingers, nor would I want to give up a Kings Ransome for one of them.

We have a player that played at a high end top 6 level the first 35 games of the season in Perfetti. He's lacking in confidence and isn't getting much puck luck right now, but imo the coaching staff needs to do whatever they can to get him going again as they need the first half version back heading into the playoffs.

It's likely easier to work at getting him going then to find a top 6 winger to trade for.
I know you're a perfetti fan but you don't think an experienced playoff performer wouldn't be better on the Monahan line? Gambling that perfetti is going to catch fire is a massive risk

Guentzel-Monahan-Ehlers would be scary good... or even Reilly Smith

So far none of the returns have been as massive as speculated on here so maybe you can get Guentzel for Montreal's 2nd, b-prospect and say Kupari

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I know you're a perfetti fan but you don't think an experienced playoff performer wouldn't be better on the Monahan line? Gambling that perfetti is going to catch fire is a massive risk

So far none of the returns have been as massive as speculated on here so maybe you can get Guentzel for Montreal's 2nd, b-prospect and say Kupari

It's a risk either way. Look at the Rangers last year, got Kane and Tarsanko and it didn't work for them.

I doubt we have any interest in paying the price the Pens will want for Guentzel. Plus he's injured anyhow.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

It's been reported that the Penguins want multiple 1st round picks or a 1st round pick and young talent, they might be dreaming but as of today that's what they want.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's a risk either way. Look at the Rangers last year, got Kane and Tarsanko and it didn't work for them.

I doubt we have any interest in paying the price the Pens will want for Guentzel. Plus he's injured anyhow.
He's returning in two weeks... and he's always been a ppg player - I know there's a Crosby bump but he'd work really well with Ehlers.

No one really thought Kane and Tarasenko would pan out for the Rangers...

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I have great news!

Connor Schief Vilardi won their matchup

0.49 xGF 0.36 xGA 57.92 xGF%

This is exactly the type of performance you need from your first line to win games like this, so it's no surprise that we won this one.

Oh wait....

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Jets have to be a least as physical as the Stars are to have a chance, maybe hire a coach in the art of interference and obstruction cause it seems many teams have perfected this way of playing.

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He's returning in two weeks... and he's always been a ppg player - I know there's a Crosby bump but he'd work really well with Ehlers.

No one really thought Kane and Tarasenko would pan out for the Rangers...

The point is that those are the types that are likelt available that would fit the price point Chevy would likely pay. As Dallas showed today I'd rather hold onto our young talent and develop and integrate it then move it for high priced rentals.

Also no telling how he looks after returning from a serious injury. I don't think the Crosby factor can be denied. Even missing both of his regular top line wingers he's still crushing it for them. Multiple risk points with him as no team wi get to see how he looks prior to dealing for him.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
It's been reported that the Penguins want multiple 1st round picks or a 1st round pick and young talent, they might be dreaming but as of today that's what they want.
Yup. And I remember what was reported for the price of Tanev and Lindholm... then what was paid.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
The thing that stood out to me (something of a positive in an otherwise bleak night) was the contribution that Namestnikov can make in almost any position on the team. With absolutely no practice time, he steps in on the top line to replace Vilardi and actually fit very well with Scheif at least.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
The point is that those are the types that are likelt available that would fit the price point Chevy would likely pay. As Dallas showed today I'd rather hold onto our young talent and develop and integrate it then move it for high priced rentals.
Yup do what we can in the playoffs this year and hope that we have some real up and commers in the next few years

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Weird example since Dallas just added at TD for picks and prospect...

Jets are in the window now - gotta go for it. Jets already have their next core waiting - I'd say late 1st/early 2nds this year are pretty expendable.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Weird example since Dallas just added at TD for picks and prospect...

Jets are in the window now - gotta go for it. Jets already have their next core waiting - I'd say late 1st/early 2nds this year are pretty expendable.

They already dealt their first and only have one second which was on the table for Tanev. That doesn't leave much else to peddle.

You also run the risk of bringing in too many outside bodies and disrupting on and off ice chemistry.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
This game wasn't looking good considering how average we looked against bad teams the last 3 games. The defensive play continues to erode. If some losses mean that they get to playing the way they were defensively pre ASB then it will all for the best. I preferred all those 2-1 and 1-0 losses over what I am seeing lately, atleast that is repeatable and can win in the playoffs with esp with a hot PP
Good points on those earlier one-point losses, they can be flipped. But what it looks like at this stage is a bit of complacency and auto-pilot return to pre-Bones one-way no back checking.
Let’s hope it’s not de-conditioning but just collective mind-farts. And some questionable reffing. I imagine Bones will not hesitate to read the riot act, so there’s that.
I hope he did it tonight.
I’d invoke the both the Sip’ and Sir Aavco Hockey Professor on their butts.

Reactions: GNP

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Kind of a weird game to not show up for, honestly. Figured with 1st place on the line, division rival, all that jazz, that they would’ve wanted it a bit more than it appeared they did.

Oh well, still have a bazillion games in hand that we’ll have to win.
Can’t count on games in hand. Those could very easily be pissed away by a team that isn’t prepared to show up in a game for first in the division.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
He was still on the top line in the 3rd period... Connor played 19mins so thats probably a better comparable - whatever who cares.

Did you watch the game? CSV was by no means dominating anyone out there.
lol.. this post makes zero sense... I showed csv numbers... you claimed they did it because dallas sat back, I pointed out that vilardi left early before they sat back, you said he left with 5 mins in the 3rd, I pointed out vilardi's ice time and bring up connor's ice time? you ask me if I watched the game yet said vilardi played in the 3rd which he didn't...

I wasn't claiming csv was dominating I was posting that because they actually posted positive metrics and every other previous shift from the others games when they were negative was getting posted, you how ever replied and said it was because dallas sat back and I just pointed out that they hardly played as a line when dallas sat back

Can’t count on games in hand. Those could very easily be pissed away by a team that isn’t prepared to show up in a game for first in the division.
1st was on the line for dallas their previous game, they lost 5-1 to the avs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad