Post-Game Talk: Stars 4, Canucks 2: Oh no. We lost again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
GAME DAY PREVIEW: Canucks vs Dallas Mar 16/17

Reality has set in, according to Canucks GM. It took one of the lowest points this team has hit, maybe the lowest, since Game 7 of the 2011 Finals. While it's encouraging that management is acknowledging the multiple issues facing this team, at the same time it's disheartening that NOW they see the problem.

Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars

7:00 PM PT - Rogers Arena- Vancouver, BC

TV: SNP - Radio: TSN 1040

Hard truths are what they are because they force you to accept things that you think you shouldn't have to for various reasons. Loyalty. Sentimentality. Hell, even stubborn pride. The Vancouver Canucks are finally accepting some hard truths (though not all of them, it should be noted) about the state they find themselves in. And while it's not going to change their fortunes in terms of some miraculous run to the post-season, it could have a positive impact on the future. The mere fact that the team is actually focusing on the future other than passing mention in press releases and sound bites gives me hope.

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2017/3/16/14947584/game-day-preview-canucks-vs-dallas-mar-16-17

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
GAME DAY PREVIEW: Canucks vs Dallas Mar 16/17

Reality has set in, according to Canucks GM. It took one of the lowest points this team has hit, maybe the lowest, since Game 7 of the 2011 Finals. While it's encouraging that management is acknowledging the multiple issues facing this team, at the same time it's disheartening that NOW they see the problem.

Vancouver Canucks vs. Dallas Stars

7:00 PM PT - Rogers Arena- Vancouver, BC

TV: SNP - Radio: TSN 1040

Hard truths are what they are because they force you to accept things that you think you shouldn't have to for various reasons. Loyalty. Sentimentality. Hell, even stubborn pride. The Vancouver Canucks are finally accepting some hard truths (though not all of them, it should be noted) about the state they find themselves in. And while it's not going to change their fortunes in terms of some miraculous run to the post-season, it could have a positive impact on the future. The mere fact that the team is actually focusing on the future other than passing mention in press releases and sound bites gives me hope.

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2017/3/16/14947584/game-day-preview-canucks-vs-dallas-mar-16-17

nicolas-cage-laughing.gif

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Young guys like 27 years old Megan finally gonna get a chance :sarcasm:

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Two of the most disappointing teams in the entire NHL face-off tonight....but you can argue that it has to be worse for the Stars....after all, most of the pundits in the hockey universe were actually predicting a 65 point season for the Canucks.

How the Stars wracked up 50 wins last season remains one of the NHL's great mysteries....now Lindy Ruff joins Desjardins and Hakstol in Philly as the most likely coaches to walk the plank at the end of the season.

Having said all that, suspect the Canucks are going to ruin the tank by coming up with a rare win....5-3 is my guess...big night for the Horvat-Baertschi-Boucher line.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I see this 65 points referenced a lot. AFAIK it was 1 site. Betting lines had Nucks at 74/75 before the season started.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Miller again - understandable but imo regrettable; Bachman has a bigger chance of being in the starting lineup in 2017-18 as he's under contract. His performances have been very respectable, but guess Willie isn't going to go too far off the beaten path. Funny thing is, if he really parks the guys he needs to park, the young players could be a market improvement and put up some surprising wins/OTL...
3-1 Dallas --- Baertschi the goal.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Yea really weird yr for Markstrom. I feel like we know no more than we did after last yr. If the thinking is Miller might not stay, I'd play Markstrom as much as reasonably possible. Might still be dealing w something I suppose.

Edit - I'm ill-informed!

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Maybe we can trade coaches with Dallas. They can get Willie back in their organization, and I know I can get behind a Lindy Ruff hire.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Man, Dallas is bad. I mean, I'm not too surprised given that I've always felt Antti Niemi was a terribad goaltender, and Lehtonen's not good either, but even then.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I'm not a fan of Ruff, I'd want someone who can both implement a defensive system and put his best players in a position to succeed offensively as well. Guys like that do exist.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Go Stars Go! This is a very key loss for the Canucks. With Detroit tanking it against Colorado, NJ on a 10 game skid, and Dallas sucking only one point back of the Canucks, tonight could be key if we want a top 5 pick.

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
Go Stars Go! This is a very key loss for the Canucks. With Detroit tanking it against Colorado, NJ on a 10 game skid, and Dallas sucking only one point back of the Canucks, tonight could be key if we want a top 5 pick.

Are we at the point where people can actively cheer against the canucks in a GDT or can I say **** off and take your crap to the tank thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad