Online Series: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Dec. 2021)

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think I subconsciously liked the finale less once I saw that Rodriguez was the director. I didn't care much for his other two episodes and was perfectly fine with today's episode. But perhaps my mind is making me like it slightly worse just to validate my thoughts on his other episodes?

Spoiler thoughts:

So... Fennec Shand could just kill whoever whenever she wants to?

Riding the Rancor was expected. Boba's team shooting at the Rancor was unexpected and stupid. Which, I guess was addressed when Mando told them to stop.

I don't think I saw Boba with his gaffi stick until right before his showdown with Cad. Did he have it on him that entire time? I kinda wanted Cad to survive, but I guess it was symbolic that Boba was killing his past.

I have other thoughts too, but those were my main ones that I can think of without much effort.

I knew within a few minutes that it was a Rodriguez directed finale before I even realized what was going on . He went all in on the street battles, which I liked. That wookie can sure take a beating.

Reactions: Jussi

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Like others, I hated the fact that all the baddies were out in the open waiting to be shot, that the giant droidekas can't hit a group of enemies 20 yards away (and really, I would have enjoyed seeing those bloody annoying cyber-mods getting gunned down), and that the Pyke troopers unfailingly managed to hit armour when shooting Boba and Mando.

But aside from that, I loved it. Sat watching it with my 3 kids (12, 14, 17) and they loved it too. Wasn't expecting Bane's ending to be so sudden and brutal, the way they've been softening Boba I thought he was going to let him live.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah, Cad Bane was a highlight for me. Such a bad ass.
He was both a highlight to me, and also a source of disappointment in his costume (especially in episode 6, it was a little less jarring in episode 7 now that we had been exposed to it). They definitely could have made him look better in live action.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I do understand the concern about the plot armor but let's not act like this is new or should be unexpected at this point. When, throughout the entire history of Star Wars, have we had any noticeable casualty count among the 'good guys?' Order 66 and Rogue One were basically known events going into it. Obi-Wan still got face time in the next 2 movies. Qui Gon? Padme? Han? That's about it.

The very first scene in Star Wars history shows a whole bunch of good guys getting killed in a firefight. Later, a whole planet gets destroyed, Luke's aunt and uncle get burnt to a crisp and seemingly half of the X-Wings attacking the Death Star get shot to pieces. Then, quite a few good guys die on Hoth and more Rebel fighters and even an entire Rebel transport get destroyed at the Battle of Endor. The original trilogy was depicted as war (hence the name), with many (if not roughly equal) casualties on both sides.

My mention of the lack of good guy casualties in this finale wasn't an expectation that major characters die. There could've been more secondary and nameless character deaths, though, to make the fight feel more even and create a sense of suspense and of the stakes. For example, a bunch of the Freetown people, maybe even the bartender, and one of the Mod Squad (at least one of the lesser ones) could've been sacrificed. That might've helped the conflict to feel more "real" and make us wonder if a major character might actually be next. If not even the nearby nameless characters are dying, though, it doesn't feel like the more important characters are in any danger, either.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The Book of Boba Fett Season 1 Finale.png

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This reminded me of the big, corny shootout sequence in Death Wish 3.

I was waiting for Manny Fraker to jump out from one of the buildings and cap Boba.

Did the punk gang jack Captain Kirk and steal his taser?

At least I got a lot of laughs out of it, but I don’t think that was their intention.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Way too many poor characters in this whole thing, with Fennec Shand being the worst IMO (the mod gang being right behind). Her exposition dialogue that kind of becomes narration, explaining to Fett and Mando the strategy they both obviously know about, was some of the worst writing I've seen recently. I was glad she was out for most of the episode, but her return, shooting and hanging people from impossible angles was just as ridiculous.

Fett is not a very good character either.

I had never seen Cad Bane before, so his appearance didn't bother me at all - thought he looked very cool in fact - but his voice and tone... I couldn't help but hear a cheap imitation of Agent Smith, eurk.

Wasn't a fan of the Mando series. This one ain't better.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
I'm honestly looking forward to Andor or whatever its called. Can we get an adult star wars show?

If neither Obi-Wan nor Andor catch my fancy this year there goes Disney plus

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm honestly looking forward to Andor or whatever its called. Can we get an adult star wars show?

Sorry to disappoint you, but it won't happen. It is always going to be family friendly because of cross sell. That's what Star Wars has always been; a machine to produce cross sell revenue.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

My daughter and I watch Mighty Ducks: Game Changers and Willow is also coming out sometime soon I think.

I like Mando's show also.

I get Disney+ for free anyway, so I guess it's a moot point.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Can we get an adult star wars show?

There's some specialized websites for that, not that I know about them.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it won't happen. It is always going to be family friendly because of cross sell. That's what Star Wars has always been; a machine to produce cross sell revenue.

Not only a toys sell scheme, but also, well, it's always been children movies, with pew pew lasers and explosions in space. I thought it was pretty violent for what it really is (the guy being hanged especially).

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
There's some specialized websites for that, not that I know about them.

Not only a toys sell scheme, but also, well, it's always been children movies, with pew pew lasers and explosions in space. I thought it was pretty violent for what it really is (the guy being hanged especially).

Toys, books, comics, video games, cartoons, etc.

Buying Star Wars was always about the licensing and the multiple possible revenue streams. That's also what Disney built with Marvel (films, streaming series, toys, books, video games, cartoons, etc). These two properties will pump money into Disney for decades.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
thought it was a great end to the season. Seeing Boba on the rancor was great, and Gogru loving the speed boost!

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Star Wars, and especially Clone Wars, has a lot of super-violent moments... decapitations, dismemberments, setting aliens on fire, Anakin sneaking up on a guy and stabbing him all the way through the chest. I didn't find anything especially violent from the normal SW baseline.

Which is also to say, the franchise sells toys to children, but I'd say the sensibilities in it have always been geared towards 12-16 year olds, so teens and pre-teens.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Not a bad final episode, but it felt rather anti-climactic.

Based on the way this season went, I have to wonder if about halfway through filming the producers realized what they had done thus far wasn't going to be very attention-grabbing. Episodes 5 and 6 felt like they could have been the start of Mandalorian season 3.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Star Wars, and especially Clone Wars, has a lot of super-violent moments... decapitations, dismemberments, setting aliens on fire, Anakin sneaking up on a guy and stabbing him all the way through the chest. I didn't find anything especially violent from the normal SW baseline.

Which is also to say, the franchise sells toys to children, but I'd say the sensibilities in it have always been geared towards 12-16 year olds, so teens and pre-teens.

Ventress making out with a Clone Trooper before violently impaling them.

Dokuu being tortured to death with black magic via the Night sisters.

Pretty much everything Dokuu does

Pretty much everything Savage does

Literally everything Maul does.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Mando/Boba is pretty adult. Never thought I 'd see a bounty hunter slice a guy in have, then behead him on a Disney channel. If you're looking for a west wing style super talky , adult theme with not much action SW show, it's probably not happening. They still have to sell it to a young audience.

Mightygoose

Nov 5, 2012
Ajax, ON
It was an OK finale. I thought were would be some closure with Fett's character.

Definitely not as good as the Mandalorian but it seemed more like season 2.5 towards the end.

Looking forward to season 3 to where Mando goes. But I'm sure there will be a modified Naboo Starfighter Lego set made soon which will be on my shelf in the near future :)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I dunno thought it was a reasonably good payoff for what was a bit of an underwhelming season. There was an action packed showdown. Boba Fett firing knee rockets and riding a Rancor. Murdering a guy with his gaffi stick. Most of the plotlines arriving at conclusions. Definitely agree we could have seen one or two more of the scooter gang or Freetown people die in the fight that was apparently going so wrong for a lot of it. Bad guys vs good guys, ragtag group defeats sinister organization.

If you're looking for complex plot twists and deep intrigue in your story you might be looking in the wrong place. This is Star Wars, they literally just blow up a Death Star in like 60% of their movies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad