Online Series: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett (Dec. 2021)

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Got Disney+ recently, already finished the Mandalorian and Wandavision, now working through the Book of Boba Fett.

Honestly not into it that much. Everything is flashbacks, meetings, more meetings, the SW version of Tarzan, and just finished the episode of getting the teenagers with the technicolour mopeds. Those look so f***ing stupid. Had a good laugh at him and his entourage cruising down the badass streets of Mos Espa there. The end of the episode, Boba says he has money, but not muscle. Sidekick chick says: "Money can buy that," or something to that effect, and dude just stands there thoughtfully. End credits. Like, c'mon, man. Even Homer Simpson knows money can buy goods and services.

Oh, and Boba Fett: animal lover wasn't a direction I saw them going.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Got Disney+ recently, already finished the Mandalorian and Wandavision, now working through the Book of Boba Fett.

Honestly not into it that much. Everything is flashbacks, meetings, more meetings, the SW version of Tarzan, and just finished the episode of getting the teenagers with the technicolour mopeds. Those look so f***ing stupid. Had a good laugh at him and his entourage cruising down the badass streets of Mos Espa there. The end of the episode, Boba says he has money, but not muscle. Sidekick chick says: "Money can buy that," or something to that effect, and dude just stands there thoughtfully. End credits. Like, c'mon, man. Even Homer Simpson knows money can buy goods and services.

Oh, and Boba Fett: animal lover wasn't a direction I saw them going.

The first 4 episodes of this series are pretty sluggish. 5 and 6 are some of the best Star Wars ever made. Then 7 is sort of a mixed bag.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah, unsurprisingly, the Mando-heavy episodes were the best ones by far.

Well, Mando is certainly a money-printing machine for them right now. It also seems like Favreau and/or Filoni were most involved with the 5th and 6th episodes and were uninvolved with the other 5 episodes. Not sure what else would explain the drop in quality of those episodes.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I found anything that was related to the past was awesome
the present story line was dull
then turned into Mando and it was great.
Dont need Book of Boba Fett
just keep him a side character in Mando
Thats what people want atleast

and Im a big fan of Boba Fett
the quality is just different between the 2

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The biggest issue I had with the series was with Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett

Not only does he lack the star quality or charisma to carry a series, he looked old, fat, and dopey

Generally you want the hero of your story to be someone the audience aspires to be, but who wants to be this guy?

boba-fett-actor-temeuera-morrison-1607090412.png

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The show had the same issue as Falcon and Winter Soldier where the Winter Soldier can fight off Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Black Panther as a villain but gets the crap kicked out of him for some reason as a hero.

Boba Fett is too cool to be John McClane where getting his ass whooped is somehow endearing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The show had the same issue as Falcon and Winter Soldier where the Winter Soldier can fight off Iron Man, Captain America, Black Widow and Black Panther as a villain but gets the crap kicked out of him for some reason as a hero.

Boba Fett is too cool to be John McClane where getting his ass whooped is somehow endearing.
I recommend watching the Disney Gallery episode on the making of this. Temuera Morrison goes through the character's development really well.

Reactions: NyQuil

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Not only does he lack the star quality or charisma to carry a series, he looked old, fat, and dopey
100%

i should go back and finish it but it just wasn't the boba fett i envisioned my whole life lol. i could not connect with the character/actor at all and just stopped watching it mid season.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
100%

i should go back and finish it but it just wasn't the boba fett i envisioned my whole life lol. i could not connect with the character/actor at all and just stopped watching it mid season.

They should've cast Timothy Olyphant as Boba Fett

the-mandalorian-still06.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm only up to the first Dinn Djarin centric episode at this point. Watched the first episode and was so neutral about it I didn't feel like continuing until it was over. So right out of the gate, the show failed to hold my interest enough to make me want to tune in weekly. I'm not going to break the whole thing down but my issue isn't seeing Boba Fett again or that he's had a change of career, it's just that, shows like Mando and Boba Fett give the opportunity to see the seedier outlaw side of Star Wars but all I'm seeing is glimpses while Boba Fett tried to establish a foothold as Jabba's replacement. I was interested in the crime underworld of the galaxy, as in actually seeing crime and criminals. Not criminals doing local politics.

I just can't force myself to care about what's happening in this show. And while the show doesn't make me think less of Boba as a character, the show doesn't seem to grasp what it was that made him compelling. I'm gonna stick it out to see more Mando, but I'm cool with this one being a one season deal.

Reactions: Osprey

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Generally you want the hero of your story to be someone the audience aspires to be, but who wants to be this guy?

boba-fett-actor-temeuera-morrison-1607090412.png
were'nt they kind of locked in on him since he's a genetic clone of Jango Fett, and he played Jango Fett in 2002...?

Reactions: Voight

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
were'nt they kind of locked in on him since he's a genetic clone of Jango Fett, and he played Jango Fett in 2002...?

I think that they thought that it'd be neat (and most of us did, too) to bring back Jango's actor to play Boba in those few episodes of The Mandalorian, but then were locked into using him for the spinoff because of it. That casting worked OK for a limited supporting role, just not so well for carrying a series.

Last edited:

Bowski

I don't order fries with my club sandwich.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I think that they thought that it'd be neat (and most of us did, too) to bring back Jango's actor to play Boba in those few episodes of The Mandalorian, but then were locked into using him for the spinoff because of it. That casting worked OK for a limited supporting role, just not so well for carrying a series.
Didn't help that Boba was mostly helmetless the entire show.

Pedro, a much better actor, briefly reveals himself thrice. Tem treats the helmet like a nuisance.
Thank you, papa Lucas for the clone/Fett AOTC continuity brilliance!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Didn't help that Boba was mostly helmetless the entire show.

Pedro, a much better actor, briefly reveals himself thrice. Tem treats the helmet like a nuisance.
Thank you, papa Lucas for the clone/Fett AOTC continuity brilliance!
Dinn is part of a cult that doesn't allow him to remove his helmet. Boba is not and treats his helmet the way most Mandalorians do.

I do think Boba was like the 3rd or 4th most interesting character in the show, which is not great for a show called the Book of Boba Fett. Honestly, I think if they'd just titled it something like Tales of the Bounty Hunters they could have avoided some of the criticism. Hell, they could have even done more seasons and brought in Dengar, Bossk, and others if they wanted to.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dinn is part of a cult that doesn't allow him to remove his helmet. Boba is not and treats his helmet the way most Mandalorians do.

I do think Boba was like the 3rd or 4th most interesting character in the show, which is not great for a show called the Book of Boba Fett. Honestly, I think if they'd just titled it something like Tales of the Bounty Hunters they could have avoided some of the criticism. Hell, they could have even done more seasons and brought in Dengar, Bossk, and others if they wanted to.

He even tells Dinn that the religion stuff or whatever is Bantha Fodder.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I could care less about the helmet. Dinn's stance on his is rooted in his theology, so it makes sense. Bobba wears his when needed, and doesn't when there is no need. Enough said.

My problems are with treating Fett like some pseudo SW social worker, trying to solve Tatooine's social welfare issues from the seat of Jabbas former criminal empire........

If you're going to make a show like this, go full out and embrace the character. Take TCW for example;

He was contractually created via artificial means. He's a child, but he has the exact same face and body as countless soldiers who die by the thousands each and every day. He's supposed to have a unique identity, but the only unique thing about him (Jango) died at the hands of a nameless Jedi (Nameless to him at the time). Now he's a child orphan, but an orphan with the face and body that's seen all over the galaxy; killing and dying.

So of course Fett is going to be absolutely f***ed up, and of course he's going to run with a crowd that does f***ed up things. Filoni embraced this and ran with it.

I can kind of see what Rodrigues was wanting to do with the character, but there was so little build up to it to make any of it hit home. If anything was well done, it was the Tusken material. Every scene between Fett and the tribe was so well done, I was honestly wishing they had made an entire season of just that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad