Star players with limited skating/speed?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I've been thinking about this. Are there any superstars in the NHL anymore that don't have elite skating and speed? Who are some of the best players in the league with limited skating?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This thread is Joe Thornton

EDIT: response to your title of 'star'. Your OP says 'superstar' and there's only like 2-4 superstars at any one time and unlikely said player would have skating limitations

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
This thread is Joe Thornton

EDIT: response to your title of 'star'. Your OP says 'superstar' and there's only like 2-4 superstars at any one time and unlikely said player would have skating limitations
Just list best players with average skating.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Sean Monahan is currently tied for 4th in goal scoring in the NHL. Pretty close to league average skating.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Not superstars by any means but a few players that come to mind that are awful skaters/have the weirdest strides are Sonny Milano, Lukas Sedlak, and Kerby Rychel. And then.... of course, Hartnell (down).

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Not sure if there are any truly elite players who aren't very good to exceptional skaters.

There are a couple of players in the top 30 or so who don't skate all that well. Stone comes to mind.

I'm confused by people saying Tavares. He's turned into a very good skater.

Reactions: Mr Blue Man

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Zetterberg is a contender for slowest player in the league year after year

He is very strong on his skates, though.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Backstrom isn't the quickest guy on skates but he has excellent edge control and balance. Fits perfectly with his puck protection style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad