Reinhart driving a line
Nylander looks
Skinner

B:
D just letting guys screen Ullmark
Generating Rebounds
Skinner puck luck

U:
To many guys looked like they were just watching Dallas play.
Housley here
2 games without a goal when the locker room thinks they are "not toast"

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
It’s really sad how little offence we have after 4 years of tanking w/o Eichel. It’s not like our defence or goal tending is anything to write home about either.

Reactions: Mitts888

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
You receive a pass putting the puck on your forehand right in the middle of the slot with no defenders within 15 feet.

Do you:

A.) Skate up and go forehand to backhand

B.) Shoot the puck

C.) Spin around on your backhand going below the goal line while never looking at the net.

:thinking:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
You receive a pass putting the puck on your forehand right in the middle of the slot with no defenders within 15 feet.

Do you:

A.) Skate up and go forehand to backhand

B.) Shoot the puck

C.) Spin around on your backhand going below the goal line while never looking at the net.

:thinking:
I don’t think aplayer picking C has much of a future in the NHL... The Thompson bust factor is rising.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
G: I didn't watch the game because I was in lab all night.

B: This team.

U: When at work, I used to be able to view and post on here. NMCI (Navy/Marine Corp Intranet) has done something where the box to post no longer shows, so I am unable to make posts while at work. Also, they've blocked any ability to view NHL videos. No highlights, interviews, nada, no matter what browser I use.

How did Nylander look?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
How did Nylander look?

Looked meh.

Still soft on the puck and loses puck battles. Needs to move his feet more. Had a couple decent shifts in the second half of the game. Gets in scoring areas in the slot when he doesn't have the puck at least.

Really nothing to get excited about but the whole team, outside of Reinhart and Dahlin, were crap and couldn't create much of anything dangerous offensively.

I'd be interested to see him with Eichel or Reinhart. Maybe he can do something with the chances gifted to him unlike Tage.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
G: I didn't watch the game because I was in lab all night.

B: This team.

U: When at work, I used to be able to view and post on here. NMCI (Navy/Marine Corp Intranet) has done something where the box to post no longer shows, so I am unable to make posts while at work. Also, they've blocked any ability to view NHL videos. No highlights, interviews, nada, no matter what browser I use.

How did Nylander look?
He looked ok for a callup with no time to mesh with team mates. good in the Ozone, he along with everyone else looked confused in the D and Neutral zone.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
My kid had a stomach bug that hit right around game time, so i missed most of it. Based on the little i did see, i am not sure what would have been worse: handling puke or watching puke...

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
How did Nylander look?

When he had the puck on his stick, he made good, puck moving decisions.

He had one really good chance off a bounce right in front of the Dallas goalie, but the goalie stopped him on his backhand.

He didn't actively attempt to attack the puck, too many times he watched the puck battle instead of participating. Played with guys that aren't that creative. Should've had some time on the PP, and have a few shifts with Reinhart (seeing as Jack and Sam in preseason action have shown chemistry with him). But we have Housley as coach, so there's that factor.

Nothing of a wow factor, but there was some promising signs for sure. One game shouldn't confirm either side of the fanbase and their feelings of him whether positive or negative.

Reactions: paulmm3

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
G:
Risto
Hunwick
Dahlin
Reinhart
Benn getting some karma in the throat

B:
Mittelstadt coughs the puck up way too much and it doesn't even have anything to do with him trying to be fancy. Even basic stickhandling is eluding him lately.

U:
Feels like Skinner/this team will never score again.
Still think Nylander is a bust
Housley is still employed.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
B: Dunleavy and Rayzor were driving me nuts last night. I don't care if you try to downplay the ugly plays by the team you work for, but they were outright lying in their calls a few times.

Reactions: Tatre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad