Stanley Cup Winning LA KINGS Discussion, Thoughts

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Kings are just a machine...I love watching them play

probably because they basically play the same system we do but are much, much better at it.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
"Better at it"?

They have 5 forwards that would be our best player....that sort of helps.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Someone else said it: when we're not actually facing them, the Kings are an appealing team. Deep, talented, and fun to watch. Good for them.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The Kings physicality as a team is just amazing. Even Gaborik was noticeable in that regard.

King stays cupless and Rags lose another 1st round pink. Solid.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
They get behind yet you never feel like they are out of it. That has to feel great as a fan. We need to get back to this point.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Kings are a well oiled machine, simply amazing to watch them work in the offensive zone when they get going. This series would have been over long ago if it wasn't for Lundqvist. They're basically as close to a dynasty as you can get in 2014, and I don't think they're going to be trending downward anytime soon.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Kings are a well oiled machine, simply amazing to watch them work in the offensive zone when they get going. This series would have been over long ago if it wasn't for Lundqvist. They're basically as close to a dynasty as you can get in 2014, and I don't think they're going to be trending downward anytime soon.

their only UFAs are Gaborik, Mitchell and Greene

they'll be right back at it next year

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
I need pictures of the queen after the goal more than a homeless man needs a good meal.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
their only UFAs are Gaborik, Mitchell and Greene

they'll be right back at it next year

Absolutely. I'm sure there will be a bit of a hang over after two championships in such a short period of time but I think they'll be perennial going forward. I don't know who said it (you?), but their system is essentially what NJD is striving for except with actual top tier talent

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Oh, by the way...Rick Nash has $7.5million cap hit.

lol.

And Richards will be bought out......

And there are plenty of youngsters making little to sign.......

And Lundqvist will be 33 next year making a bundle for a WHILE.....*

*Better HOPE he's the type goalie who plays at an elite level at 38 rather than the type who starts to seriously fall off at 35.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I need pictures of the queen after the goal more than a homeless man needs a good meal.

Stay hungry my friend.....

1297572021137_ORIGINAL.jpg

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
And Richards will be bought out......

And there are plenty of youngsters making little to sign.......

And Lundqvist will be 33 next year making a bundle for a WHILE.....*

*Better HOPE he's the type goalie who plays at an elite level at 38 rather than the type who starts to seriously fall off at 35.

Yup.

Also, I think we saw the real Derek Stepan. Rangers fans were quick to anoint him with that PPG pace during the lockout shortened season. Limited plater.

Edit: Had more points in the playoffs than I thought (15 in 24). Hmm, really never noticed him much.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
its hilarious to me that the Rangers ran Gaborik out of town only to bring in a worse, less clutch version of him in Rick Nash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad