Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Gm 5. Bolts @ Leafs; 7:30 pm EST | ESPN2, Sportsnet, CBC, TVA Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Wow what a game. The emotional low from Tampa’s fast start to the euphoria of completing the comeback.
I thought for sure some OT was on tonight’s menu.

Reactions: Kelly

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Imagine trying for cup #3 to cement a dynasty and instead we let Toronto escape the 1st round for the first time in a generation
Let’s got nothing to do with it. If you haven’t caught on yet, they are pretty evenly match besides goaltending.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
id forget about the past if i were a Leafs fan too lol. Our boys are tired. We will be right back in the mix next year. Truth be old Vasy hasn't looked right for months. Do I want to win? Of course.

It's not over yet. Buy all I hear is excuses. It's not like they won either of their cups in full seasons. No team that has won 2 modern cups has done it in less games.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
He was the one guy who scared the crap out of me. Every time he had the puck he was dangerous. Far better than Matthews. Marner at times looked like he was playing for us instead of TO.
Nylander has a little bit of Kovalev syndrome.

He has all the tools.
All of them.
Better skater, puck handler, passer and play-maker than Matthews.
Better shot, puck handler, skater than Marner.

Yet he can't seem to convince himself of these facts on a regular basis.

I mean, he's not the best defensive player, but his defense stems from having the puck on his stick and creating.

Just keep him off the blue line FFS.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
What else can be said? Matthews scored the game winner and put his team up 3-2. Some Leafs fans on this site are some of the most wretched humans you could come across, but hats off to a huge effort and exciting validation to what the more palatable ones have been preaching.

If Toronto can bounce the two time champs in 6 games, they have as good of a shot as anyone remaining to hoist the Cup.

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
What else can be said? Matthews scored the game winner and put his team up 3-2. Some Leafs fans on this site are some of the most wretched humans you could come across, but hats off to a huge effort and exciting validation to what the more palatable ones have been preaching.

If Toronto can bounce the two time champs in 6 games, they have as good of a shot as anyone remaining to hoist the Cup.
"Most wretched humans you can come across"

😂

Love you too my friend.

Reactions: Video Nasty

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Cannot count on a Leafs series win until we see it happen. They have disappointed too many times.
Agreed but this one 'feels' different.

1. TOR is flying.
2. TOR series win would be poetic for them to close it out on the road against the 2-time Cup champion, breaking their 16-game non-losing back to back games in the postseason streak, and ending their own drought.

Reactions: Jmo89

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Thought the Leafs started the game well and then a nice bounce for Tampa gets them a goal and then a string of poopy penalties calls and suddenly the Leafs were in a tailspin.

Good on them for righting the ship and dominating the last two periods because imo that 1st period effort was nowhere near as bad as the scoreboard or shotclock said.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I hate the leafs and in no way want them to win, but that was a helluva victory for them tonight, great, GREAT game. Honorable mention to the home crowd, in all my time watching the leafs they've never really enjoyed home ice adavantage when playing at home. The crowds were always just meh. But the crowd are definitely making a difference this year. I don't think the leafs win this game on the road. Kudos to them.

Reactions: Smif and Kelly

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Let’s got nothing to do with it. If you haven’t caught on yet, they are pretty evenly match besides goaltending.
Yeah, Campbell has definitely outplayed Vasy. Then again, it shouldn't be a surprise after Vasy was shit for three months before the playoffs.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Nylander has a little bit of Kovalev syndrome.

He has all the tools.
All of them.
Better skater, puck handler, passer and play-maker than Matthews.
Better shot, puck handler, skater than Marner.

Yet he can't seem to convince himself of these facts on a regular basis.

I mean, he's not the best defensive player, but his defense stems from having the puck on his stick and creating.

Just keep him off the blue line FFS.
Nylander needs a Marner

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Cannot count on a Leafs series win until we see it happen. They have disappointed too many times.

It's been a mental thing for the Leafs for a awhile. As a Leafs fan in cautiously optimistic but also holding my breath a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad