Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1, Game2 - Leafs Vs Bolts; May 4th. 7:30 p.m. EST | ESPN2, SN, CBC, TVAS, BSSUN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
(nah not waiting morning to start this. It is May 4th already so it is within the time frame)

Gather around ladies and gentleman, boys and girls and children of all ages. It is time for another story. The second story talks about the Fellowship of the Cup; the heroes that formed the fellowship and the villains who tried to thwart it

Ages ago it was foretold that a
fellowship will be formed, aided by the council of Elrond; other heroes from the land too will rise to join the fellowship and combat the Nazgul, Saruman and Sauron and.... G. Bettman (G stands for Gollum btw)

It began when G. Bettman and Sauron colluded with Saruman and Nazgul for two years in a row and the rules about capspace and integrity was overthrown

G. Bettman could not hide his favoritism

6eth31.jpg

No other team in the realm even dared question this unholy alliance. When the village of Rangers rose against the incompetence and unfairness of Sauron and Bettman they were fined 100K in middle earth currency.

Tyranny ruled the realm. The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. And so formed the council of Elrond; the council met to decide the plan to combat the perils that plagued the world as The Cup had been stolen by Nazgul and Saruman with the help of Sauron and Gollum
6etfij.jpg

The Fellowship of the Cup was officially formed
6etbpf.jpg

As the Fellowship gained grounds, fought against the injustice, unfairness and anti Leaf bias; other heroes joined the cause

6eto3o.jpg

6etkxj.jpg

6etmd5.jpg

As the fight against injustice gained momentum. Sauron the NHL started sending out hideous decisions, made up rules to break the fellowship and continue the unruly reign of unlawful and illegal tyranny

6eu56t.gif

If this wasn't enough. Everyone colluded for a suspension
urukhai.gif

And so the anti-Leaf and the DUMBEST person ever to hold the office of DoPS once again rose up to the occasion
6etir2.jpg

6etjh3.jpg

One member of the fellowship of the cup had already been taken down. As the fellowship seem to have gotten weak....

6etris.jpg

The BOSS Nazgul - the most dangerous of them all
6eu66b.gif

The evil collusion of Saruman and Sauron seemed to be strengthening

6eu1aj.jpg

All seemed lost. The odds were stacked against the fellowship of the cup. It seemed impossible. The last thread of HOPE was all but gone.... But just then.....

6etysg.jpg

RETURN OF THE KING

6bdws4.gif

As the KING returned so did the many followers and tore through the tyranny to once again bring justice to the realm
GlamorousConcreteFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

It became absolutely crystal clear.... That this is the Year!
2022-stanley-cup-playoffs-logo-sportslogosnet-feat-.jpg

This year Stanley is Coming Home! It is coming home to the where it belongs. It is coming home to that "One Team". It is coming home to Toronto Maple Leafs!

The Line Up (*will update it as the recent news becomes available)

THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE CUP

The Fellowship Offense

Bunting* - Matthews - Marner
Mikheyev - Tavares - Kerfoot
Engvall - Kampf - Nylander
Kase - Blackwell - Simmonds

The Fellowship Defense
Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren

The Fellowship Goalies
Campbell
Kallgren

The Fellowship Head Coach: Sheldon "Council of Elrond" Keefe

The EVIL Collusion

The Nazgul offense

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Hagel - Cirelli - Point
Killorn - Colton - Paul
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

The Nazgul defense
Hedman Rutta
McDonagh Cernak
Sargachev Foote

The Nazgul Goalies
Vasilevskiy
Elliot

The Evil Head Coach: Jon "The Saruman" Cooper

Alirghty then.... Story telling and dramatics aside. We gotta win this 2nd game.

LETS GO WIN THIS THING
giphy.gif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We'll definitely see a much more desperate Tampa team because I don't think they will have home ice advantage in Games 3 or 4. Leafs fans travel well + there is a huge population of Leaf fans in Florida so even if they were to restrict tickets to residents, it would still be close to 50/50 in there.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
We'll definitely see a much more desperate Tampa team because I don't think they will have home ice advantage in Games 3 or 4. Leafs fans travel well + there is a huge population of Leaf fans in Florida so even if they were to restrict tickets to residents, it would still be close to 50/50 in there.
I'm interested in how it looks this week - I was there in Tampa the last game and there weren't as many Leafs fans as I had anticipated. I'm sure a lot of the snowbirds have come home, so while I expect a big contingent of Leafs fans on Friday and Sunday, I don't think it'll be 50/50. The flights were also incredibly expensive as I looked into going again.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I’m actually curious about this. I know there are still a lot of Canadians/Torontonians in Florida. I’d love to hear them outdo the home fans.
Post automatically merged:

I'm interested in how it looks this week - I was there in Tampa the last game and there weren't as many Leafs fans as I had anticipated. I'm sure a lot of the snowbirds have come home, so while I expect a big contingent of Leafs fans on Friday and Sunday, I don't think it'll be 50/50. The flights were also incredibly expensive as I looked into going again.
Maybe they were saving time and money for the playoffs ;)

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
I want to see a much closer game, though overall I hope TOR wins the series.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Tampa should be hunting tonite .That hit by Clifford getting only 1 game opens door for payback.

if I were Tampa I wouldn't want to open the door to a 5 minute Leafs PP but ymmv. Tampa could've taken a stranglehold in that game early if they were efficient on the PP, Leafs might not blow that opportunity.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I am Tampa player like Maroon and now know you can bury guys into glass face first from blindside and only get 1 game I am looking for payback

Well good luck with that, we all know the best way to win games is to take yourself out of the game, give the other team a 5 min PP, and also get suspended 1 game. Great strategy!

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
I had a bad feeling before the playoffs that this is probably’s Toronto’s year to make at least the third round. Tampa looked bloated and exhausted in game 1. This could be a very short series, in all honesty.

Reactions: SwollenGoat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad