GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1/Game 1 - Avs @ Preds - Playoffs Are Fun - 7:30PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Interested to see which pairing they put on Mackinnon.

Have a feeling he’s gonna get a healthy dose of Subban.

Reactions: Murzu and MarkT

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I only drink 2 cups of coffee every day.

But there's a reason they call it "Bubba Cup"

41TkTTU1LnL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Not sure how I'm going to get through the work day today. To make matters worse, this is a 9:30 puck drop here on the East Coast.

Seems like the only logical play here is to rewatch Mackinnon highlights from this season on a loop all day.

LETS GO AVS

11Pm puck drop for me here in Newfoundland. At least I'm not in the UK anymore, would have been 2:30Am

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Here's what could be the most important stats for this series. Nashville was worst in the league in penalty minutes and Colorado was third in the league in opposition penalty minutes. If our powerplay clicks we could win based on that alone.
REALLY need to capitalize on every chance, if that’s the case. Refs tend to put their whistles away come playoffs time.

Reactions: Murzu

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Sportsnet is showing the Devils/TBL game before our game so there might be a chance we miss a good part of the 1st period even without OT. Hopefully they'll show our game on SN1 until the other game is over. I hate when they schedule games only 2 1/2 hours apart. A game is always longer than that.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah Mack is gonna see Subban and Ekholm all series. He's certainly capable of taking a dump on that pairing, but he's gonna have to be really good. As is Landeskog and Rantanen.

The Wildcard for me this playoff is gonna be Josty. I suspect the Soda line will match up against Josi/Ellis a lot. What can Jost and his line do when they get out against Emelin and Irwin. Has the potential to be a mismatch for us if Jost can continue building on his second half of the season and step it up another notch in the playoffs.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
If they want to put Subban on MacKinnon, I'm good with that.
I’m sure they will.

Subban can and will try his best to piss Mackinnon off. Hopefully he’s able to maintain his cool.

Subban can be incredibly good at shutting down top forwards when he’s been assigned to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad