Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
There isnt a better PP QB in the NHL than Quinn Hughes. The guy never makes the wrong play on the PP. Passes are always perfect. NHL is so blessed to have all these great young dman in the NHL at the same time.
Hopefully Makar will become one of those great young d-men someday :sarcasm:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
McDavid, MacK, Kucherov all carried their team on their shoulders all season long. Nate played all 82 games, Kucherov played 81 games, Connor missed 6 games, and they’re the hart trophy finalists.

Is it a coincidence that all 3 are not having or did not have in Kucherov’s case best of the playoffs by their standards because they played shit ton of hockey in the regular season and had to carry their teams?

It would be better if Nate had more help in the regular season so he didn’t have to do it all for 82 games so he could be fresher in the playoffs, even if it would mean no Hart trophy nomination

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
McDavid, MacK, Kucherov all carried their team on their shoulders all season long. Nate played all 82 games, Kucherov played 81 games, Connor missed 6 games, and they’re the hart trophy finalists.

Is it a coincidence that all 3 are not having or did not have in Kucherov’s case best of the playoffs by their standards because they played shit ton of hockey in the regular season and had to carry their teams?

It would be better if Nate had more help in the regular season so he didn’t have to do it all for 82 games so he could be fresher in the playoffs, even if it would mean no Hart trophy nomination
I don't think this is it. I think those guys simply don't keyed like they do in the post season. Mack has had 2 men on him since the Dallas series started and McDavid hasn't been given much more ice.

Teams gameplan around those guys and the intensity ramps up. I think that has way more to do with it than a sudden cliff right at 82 games.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Edmonton plays some absolutely brutally bad defense

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I don't think this is it. I think those guys simply don't keyed like they do in the post season. Mack has had 2 men on him since the Dallas series started and McDavid hasn't been given much more ice.

Teams gameplan around those guys and the intensity ramps up. I think that has way more to do with it than a sudden cliff right at 82 games.
Yeah but all 3 of them had better playoffs in prior years. The way all 3 of them literally carried their teams this season, I think they went into this playoffs tired

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Is Rodgers Arena the only one in the NHL that has LED light up stanchions between every pane of glass?
Pretty sure they are the only ones in the West. I haven't really watched enough of the eastern conference in years to be that familiar with the different barns.

Reactions: sethro109

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Watching this game, I really don't have a preference as to who the Avs would play if we manage to get by Dallas. I don't think either Pacific team stands a chance against the Central this year.

Guess I'll just watch this one and then cheer for whoever loses in game 6 to get this series to go the distance as well.

I like that little italian kid
He's good, but I've gotta admit, I thought Biz Nasty was talking about the wood carver in Pinocchio for a second in the intermission.

Reactions: wayninja

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Another soft call.

Edmonton already has 6 PPs tonight, and there's still 4:13 left in the 2nd period
1715919928885.gif

Referado Refalanche, though…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad