Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I'm just rooting against the Oilers. McDavid never winning a cup and becoming NHL Dan Marino is just too funny to me. Also, both of these fan bases are annoying, but the Vancouver fans are less so, and have some good posters like Ginger Papa.
Yeah I feel like the Canucks are the lesser of two evils here. Oilers are Even worse fanbase and more unlikable players on their team

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Guys like JT Miller are absolute warriors. Hard play at both ends of the ice and absolutely punishing the Oilers on every shift even when he doesn't have the puck.

Maybe the Canucks will be able to get it done. Against Dallas with a star C who plays that way.

MacGinnon nowhere to be seen.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
That's fair. Living in Colorado I don't find many fans of Canadian teams here. Although I sometimes seriously wonder if Chicago has more fans in Denver than there are Avs fans.
If you’d asked me a year ago, I probably would’ve been fine with the Canucks having success since this roster isn’t obnoxious and the rivalry is long dead. By December I’d become so sick of all the obnoxious arrogant bandwagoners that crawled out of the woodwork after 10 years that I hope for their eternal failure. While firing Boudreau and bringing it Tocchet was the right choice wish they’d gotten their karmic payback for treating that guy like sh*t with the way they handled that

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Methinks McDavid is going to be regretting acting like a tough guy and slashing after the whistle. That was a pretty vicious crosscheck from Zads there. Right in the lower back too. He's for sure going to be feeling that for a few days.
Good look at the slash that started it.

Soucy gets him in the chest if Z doesn't smoke him in the low back just a split second before.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Difference between Bednar and Knoblauch on display right now.

After game 1 Bednar did everything possible to ensure the world knew Georgiev was his guy and he was going right back in there. Georgiev has responded by argubably being one of the top five Avs from game 2 Winnipeg onward.

Meanwhile, Khris Knoblauch just did an interview saying Skinner probably wishes he played better, that he'll be back in but doesn't know when in the future that will be, and that he is undecided on his game 4 starter.

Way to keep the guy's confidence up when he needs it most, coach.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I'm just rooting against the Oilers. McDavid never winning a cup and becoming NHL Dan Marino is just too funny to me. Also, both of these fan bases are annoying, but the Vancouver fans are less so, and have some good posters like Ginger Papa.
This is exactly how I feel. f*** Oilers and Canucks fans, but double f*** the idiot Oilers fans.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Pretty sure Ginger Papa goes to every team's board and posts lol. 2022 he was with us, last year he was with Edmonton.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Man Bednar really did put that much of a leash on Z. While here he was capable and occasionally would throw a big hit, it wasn't like he was laying Scheifele out every game or two. His reputation for hitting was bigger than most of his actual hits here. If memory serves a not insignificant amount of his penalty minutes here were due to clean hits, but the officials would still give him 2 minutes for being big.

I still don't know why Bednar had zero patience or use for the guy, but hindsight being what it is, Jared pretty much wanted Z off his roster from day 1.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Guys like JT Miller are absolute warriors. Hard play at both ends of the ice and absolutely punishing the Oilers on every shift even when he doesn't have the puck.

Maybe the Canucks will be able to get it done. Against Dallas with a star C who plays that way.

MacGinnon nowhere to be seen.
I think MacK put his best effort to regular season. Not like Makar. He needs to choose his energy better. He was chasing Hart Trophy. That cost him a bit for sur.

Whoever wins our series is going to the Cup-Finals. I just dont see Vancouver or Edmonton beating one of Dallas or Colorado.....

As it stands now, and to me, the cup will be going back to the east this year. ATM i just dont see any western team beating Florida or even the Rangers in the finals.
I agree with this.

Man Bednar really did put that much of a leash on Z. While here he was capable and occasionally would throw a big hit, it wasn't like he was laying Scheifele out every game or two. His reputation for hitting was bigger than most of his actual hits here. If memory serves a not insignificant amount of his penalty minutes here were due to clean hits, but the officials would still give him 2 minutes for being big.

I still don't know why Bednar had zero patience or use for the guy, but hindsight being what it is, Jared pretty much wanted Z off his roster from day 1.

Z is a character, maybe he didn't like him because of that.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Z is very good, even elite, in a specific area… play man defense and give him an assignment to shut down a guy. He’s all world. Ask him to play any other system or role and he falls apart. He just wouldn’t work with how the Avs play.

He’s arguably the best character in the league. I hope he gets a huge deal.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Jordan staal being nomina

I will shed no tears and have no sympathy for a player who's done a ton of shady shit over his career. That's karma bitch.

Just like I wouldn't give a rats ass if jamie benn accidentally fell awkwardly head-first into the boards skating full speed and needed a wheelchair for the rest of his miserable life.

You f***ing reap what you sow.
Yep, Marchand has pulled shit like that his whole f***ing career. That’s karma right there.

I’m no Cats fan but the B’s are finally up against a team that can out-skill them AND out-bully them. No sympathy whatsoever.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If you’d asked me a year ago, I probably would’ve been fine with the Canucks having success since this roster isn’t obnoxious and the rivalry is long dead. By December I’d become so sick of all the obnoxious arrogant bandwagoners that crawled out of the woodwork after 10 years that I hope for their eternal failure. While firing Boudreau and bringing it Tocchet was the right choice wish they’d gotten their karmic payback for treating that guy like sh*t with the way they handled that
Canucks fans are the most bandwagoners of them all. I have quite a few friends that are Canucks fans. They couldn't stop talking to me about hockey when they were doing very well a few years back. They stopped talking to me about hockey when they stopped making the playoffs. Guess what? They started again around November. Now I don't stop reminding them that they are just on the bandwagon until they start missing the playoffs again.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad