Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Neither of these teams look that good. Possession with nothing to show for it on the Oilers. Vancouver looks afraid to take a penalty. Can't blame them the way this one's been called, but they need to move their feet and do more with their opportunities.
Vancouver was afraid to shoot the puck in the 3rd. When they were actually in the offensive zone, they passed up numerous opportunities in favor of passing and looking for the perfect play.

Coming away with virtually nothing.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
You have to seriously consider healthy scratching Ian Cole in Edmonton, no? McDavid will eat him alive on home ice.
Cole has to be a scratch next game. I don't know how you start him again. Having Cole, Soucy and Myers as 3 of your 6 defensemen is just brutal. I'd gladly take JJ over those 3 guys.

Reactions: katfude

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Zadorov would absolutely be an upgrade over JJ and Walker.
I guess. The issue is, you are going to have to pay Zadorov north of 5m in the future, and almost 4m now. Walker is not going to cost that, and JJ is playing for league minimum. Like I said, I love Zadorov. I don't love his cap hit relative to his position. And it's only going to get worse.
ezgif-5-08132e34b3.jpg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I guess. The issue is, you are going to have to pay Zadorov north of 5m. Walker is not going to cost that, and JJ is playing for league minimum. Like I said, I love Zadorov. I don't love his cap hit relative to his position. And it's only going to get worse.
View attachment 868793
If course we can't afford him. That wasn't the point I was making. We also won't be able to afford Walker either.

Reactions: The Moops

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If course we can't afford him. That wasn't the point I was making. We also won't be able to afford Walker either.
We couldn't afford Zadorov as it is, my point. He's not better than Girard or Manson, even during this streak of his.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
He's was brutal out there this game. I didn't watch many Vancouver games, so I might be out of touch here. But his numbers are pretty close to JJs this season.

I’m a fan of both guys but I think Soucy is better

Jack Johnson gets to play lighter minutes with a much better defensive partner in a much better defensive group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad