Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

pont

Jul 1, 2019
My first NHL game was in Boston. I was stationed up in Porstmouth, NH at the time. Was really impressed by #77 and that goalie from Montreal wasn't bad. Patrick something...
I HATED, I mean HATED Patrick Roy when I first moved here to Colorado. Less than one season later he was one of my favorite players. Portsmouth? Cool. My sister still lives in the area in Dover, NH.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Keys to the game for Nucks, don’t take penalties. 40 seconds in they take a too much men penalty

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I HATED, I mean HATED Patrick Roy when I first moved here to Colorado. Less than one season later he was one of my favorite players. Portsmouth? Cool. My sister still lives in the area in Dover, NH.
Yeah, my boat was the first sub to undergo a refueling operation to double it's life. The shipyard was awesome. Mostly because it was like shore duty for a year and a half, but I did fall in love with the area. Been trying to get my wife back that way as she's never seen New England in the fall.

I was just a fan of hockey in general for the first several years. I loved all the good players and all the good teams. When Quebec relocated, that was when I decided it was time to commit to a single team to call my own and they became it. Few months later when they got Roy went nuts! Missed the playoffs though because we were underway. We only got news that Sakic won the Smythe so that's how I learned the Avs won in '96.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I haven't really followed Z since he was traded. I heard that he was getting more consistent under Sutter, but he's looked really good tonight.

Reactions: The Moops

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
With respect, you do realize there is a problem with the refs judgement right? The refs are actually having an outsized influence on the outcome of games because they are essentially handing out completely random power plays. They will allow a hook by one team and then call a hook that was actually less on the other team. It's complete bullshit. If you want to defend anything to do with officiating, that's up to you. It's a choice. Not one that I would make, but it's a choice.
I'm not arguing for today's ref's The current crop of officials are garbage. And the replays and challenges that plague them make them more inconsistent and hesitant than ever.

NHL officiating was much, much better IMO in the past. Players and coaches knew what to expect.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Vancouver facing a team that has nhl level forwards. Which means the series is over. Zadorov Cole Myers on your blue line. No more needs to be said.

McDavid with 12 points in 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad