Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
1714958116086.gif

$10,000,000 doesn’t buy what it used to…

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Admittedly I've not watched any of their games before and I've only watched 20 or so minutes of this game, but I'm not super impressed by either. They look less physical and more slow than I expected.
Both teams know throwing hits and forechecking won't do much. Against the Avs they'll be skating hard to force turnovers.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
At least with Ferraro we fired his bro in law so he has a reason to hate us. Idk wtf we did to Eddie O.
I can't believe I'm saying this. BizNasty is the only panelist worth a darn on the TNT/TBS crew. He's the only one I can really tolerate when speaking and in general, he's been a pleasant surprise on TV. Didn't think he'd be able to tone it down enough live to keep the PG-13 crowd they are looking for and still be interesting, but he's found a way.

I think right now my dream team would be ESPN's 90s crew Bucci and Levy in the studio but I'd actually add Biz to them but then there will never be a team that beats Thorne and Clement in my books for calling a game. That is the soundtrack of hockey to me. I know every generation has their own, but Gary and Bill were just pure class, professionalism and knew everything about every player. Impeccable prep work before games.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Eddie O watching Vegas

I genuinely think (I'm not blowing smoke, I'm being honest) the most one-sided ball washing I've ever heard from a national color commentator/analyst was Eddie O towards VGK during the Avs/Vegas series in 2021. Simply the most unprofessional fawning over one team and the expense of another that I've ever witnessed in any sport.

As I'm typing Dallas scores. Sounds like he might cry.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad