Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Lmao those two bitchass Oilers fans in the outdoor crowd waving their flag and getting it pulled down. I hope I can run into those f***s when I'm wearing my jersey and ask them how '22 went

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So Carolina/NYR Game 1 starts on Sunday, likely the same day we get at least 1 Game 7 from either VGK/DAL or VAN/NSH.

Not sure I remember seeing the 2nd round start before the 1st round had ended in the NHL, I know the NBA does it all the time though.

I wonder if there's a chance our series starts Sunday as well if Dallas closes it out tomorrow, feels unlikely but I'd be money on a Monday start.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I honestly did not hear Marner's name once the final 40 minutes.

The guy wilts under pressure like crazy. Even the scrubs like Bertuzzi and Domi are playing their hearts out forechecking like crazy, diving to block shots and throwing hits every shift. Bertuzzi has succeeded in throwing Marchand off his game with some assistance from Holmberg.

Also, Matthew Knies seems to be replacing Auston Matthews just fine since 34 was hardly scoring anyways. Knies was all over this game defensively and setting up the gwg.

Reactions: JudoKoala

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
McMetal you worked for the car service so you probably met a lot of crazy people at that time.
I mean, I was barely a teenager when the 90s ended. I certainly met a fair number of weirdos as an Uber driver, but that was long after everybody realized how insane that decade was.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Everything falling into place for the soul crushing Game 7 loss for Leaf fans.
I certainly hope so
Holy smokes, I think the Bruins are going to blow this thing.
I certainly hope not

But I'm seriously torn. If The leafs make it to the 2nd round they might keep the clown car together for another kick at the can and that'd be pretty funny too

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
So Carolina/NYR Game 1 starts on Sunday, likely the same day we get at least 1 Game 7 from either VGK/DAL or VAN/NSH.

Not sure I remember seeing the 2nd round start before the 1st round had ended in the NHL, I know the NBA does it all the time though.

I wonder if there's a chance our series starts Sunday as well if Dallas closes it out tomorrow, feels unlikely but I'd be money on a Monday start.
Ya I don’t understand what the rush is. Creates potential for a situation where a team is off for 10+ days

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nylander

Matthews

Tavares

Marner

How the Leafs core-four stacks up seemingly every playoffs.

Nylander always seems to maintain his RS play while the other three tail off.
The good thing for Toronto is that Marner will probably get them a top-pairing defenceman from a team desperate for offence.

Nuggets game is going to end up being at the same time as the battle to crown the biggest choker of them all isn’t it?
Game 7s > Game 1s every single time fam.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The good thing for Toronto is that Marner will probably get them a top-pairing defenceman from a team desperate for offence.

Game 7s > Game 1s every single time fam.
Two teams you cheer for? Agreed. Two teams you’re neutral on? Also agreed.

Not the case here. I’d rather watch the team I care about than choker battle between two neutrals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad