Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If we are being honest, though, the top guys will catch all the flack but when you have a defense featuring Simon Benoit, Joel Edmundson, Ilya Lybushkin, and Mark Giordano playing prominent roles you should never expect to win playoff games.

That’s on the Leafs management team thinking that big and slow meant shutdown defense

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Leafs have been so... soft... for so long. Honestly feels like the last time they had any real grit was when Domi and Tucker played together. Dubas left a turd for Treliving, huh.

Reactions: xAvsx89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Leafs have been so... soft... for so long. Honestly feels like the last time they had any real grit was when Domi and Tucker played together. Dubas left a turd for Treliving, huh.
They are trying to add toughness every year but their core is so soft that there's no fix.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
They are trying to add toughness every year but their core is so soft that there's no fix.

Absolutely. I always thought it was completely absurd to spend however much they're spending on those four. Matthews has an element of toughness to his play but it's not nearly enough between them. Marner and Nylander make Rants downright look imposing.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Absolutely. I always thought it was completely absurd to spend however much they're spending on those four. Matthews has an element of toughness to his play but it's not nearly enough between them. Marner and Nylander make Rants downright look imposing.
He's the softest of the 4. He's just bigger than the others. Dude has negative testosterone on and off the ice.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the Leaves can't come back and win this series it's gotta be the end of an era right? Gotta move on from the coaching staff and at least one of the big 4
Shanahan and Keefe gone for sure. They are going to keep the GM for now.

Hard to tell what will happen with the players.

If Marner is on the market that hurts Rants' value.

Reactions: JudoKoala

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Toronto just isn't built to win. Sometimes you draft a core of players that just aren't cut from the right cloth and the result isn't good enough, that's just how it is. They're all too soft for the postseason game and they don't have the ability to turn the dial up to 11 when it's needed. They need to retool; Marner probably goes this summer but I still don't think that's going to fix them.

Crazy to think that a team with a player like Matthews on the roster has such a dismal future to look forward to, I think even Edmonton has a better shot to win with McDavid, even though that team has its own major flaws.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If we are being honest, though, the top guys will catch all the flack but when you have a defense featuring Simon Benoit, Joel Edmundson, Ilya Lybushkin, and Mark Giordano playing prominent roles you should never expect to win playoff games.
That's why having a super top heavy team like Toronto scares the crap out of me. If Cmac can't keep finding bargain bin guys like JD, we'll be just as f***ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad