Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Subbanator is the greatest thing ever, haters goin' hate.

So, I've watched both games of the VGK/Stars series and I don't understand how Vegas is up 2-0. I don't think Vegas is playing truly amazing, they're doing a good job covering the area in front of Thompson for sure, but nothing breathtaking. I think Dallas is simply botching it because their offence has been nonexistent with an awful PK. Add some deflated momentum goals by Oettinger and I guess that is what you're seeing now, but the biggest culprit has been their decisions with the puck defensively. It seems like Vegas is waiting for Dallas to make mistakes and is capitalising on them big time. This isn't a surprise though, the 2nd+ year DeBoer special is always the gift that truly keeps on giving.

Also, Marchand is a rat but no way what he did was a penalty. Bertuzzi came and initiated a scrum with him; as the beautiful words of Evander Kane describe, "If you're going to f*** around, you're going to find out." That was a brutal goal by Samsonov, which should have never been a goal.

Neither Subban nor Messier belong on TV
Messier was the most overrated NHLer of all time AINEC and he has no personality to be on the telly, I agree, but if there is someone who has the most legit hockey takes I've heard, it is him. He is right almost 99% of the time. Really smart when it comes to analysing hockey IMHO.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Lundqvist is 100% right. Why was Skinner's glove so low?
1714026127043.gif

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Kinda funny how winning the central gets you the toughest 1st round matchup. Some prize that is.
Does it really matter in the end?

Beating the jets means you get Vegas in Round 2 with their machine allready running.

At some point you have to beat Vegas. Round 1, when the "circumvented" guys are not peaking should be a good chance.

Dallas is just shitting the bed on all fronts. Its not that Vegas is playing that great or dominating. Dallas defeats itself.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Does it really matter in the end?

Beating the jets means you get Vegas in Round 2 with their machine allready running.

At some point you have to beat Vegas. Round 1, when the "circumvented" guys are not peaking should be a good chance.

Dallas is just shitting the bed on all fronts. Its not that Vegas is playing that great or dominating. Dallas defeats itself.
It does. The playoffs is about winning 4 rounds. You can get lucky, get favorable matchups and have an easier path to the later rounds. Dallas won the division and was paired with a terrible matchup, that´s bad luck.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
It does. The playoffs is about winning 4 rounds. You can get lucky, get favorable matchups and have an easier path to the later rounds. Dallas won the division and was paired with a terrible matchup, that´s bad luck.
I´d rather face Veags in Round one than later or even WCF.

Maybe its some kind of bad luck, yeah.

But again, Vegas is not playing like a juggernaut, their goalie becoming the next Roy, or the Globetrotters with 15 mill over the cap in this series. Its just Dallas shitting the bed in a major way. At least take it to them physically, but nope. Not even that. Hell, i expected Benn to ram Stone into the boards the first chance he gets after this bullshit Vegas and this "captain" pulled off. Again, nope....

I dont want so sound arrogant, but Col-Vegas in Round 1, i would put my money on us. Even with Georgiev in net. Round 2? Not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad