Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Trocheck has been so good for the Rags

Best UFA signing since...well...Fox and Panarin
I really wanted the Avs to push hard for Vinny, but from what I hear he ended up where he wanted to go. Doubt he would have come west without a massive overpayment.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What is that sound effect they’re doing in Florida after they announce the goal scorer?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That is a BRUTAL call on Chafee for Tampa

At some point these refs gotta call diving.

Bennett has some games where he looks like f***ing Gretzky. Today is one of them.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Seriously how did Chicago f*** up with Forsling so badly? He is SO good.
Imagine being Vancouver making a good late round pick and trading his rights for 17 games of Clendening who was then added to that Sutter trade

He would look so good for them behind Hughes right now instead of Cole/Zads

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The panthers look sharp, organized, and inspired. Impressive period
Best team in the league. Deep everywhere. Great coaching. Plenty of offense. Best defensive team (even if the numbers aren’t quite there). It they make it through relatively unscathed injury wise, they should win.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
oh man, that's a tough one. I really don't want McDavid to see any success in Edmonton. I think I'd take a second Vegas cup over that.

Plus if Vegas goes back to back on this LTIR bullshit, maybe that's enough for some changes to finally happen.
I agree. I prefer misery in Edmonton.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Florida winning the Cup with Maurice while the Jets get killed in round 2 (prove me wrong Georgie) would be highly amusing for me. It was well past time for him to go but a lot of their fans have acted like he was what held them back from success instead of it being the roster not being good enough

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Few years ago we would have much closer games, tied games that went to OT etc… now every other shot goes in the net because goalies can’t make a save

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Equipment, not talent is the main reason. Right when all the switches were completed, scoring went up.
The old equipment size was obnoxious. Guys practically wouldn’t even have 5 holes because the knee rises on pads almost overlapped. Some of it was challenging the shooter more but it was hilarious how 5’11 Tim Thomas looked notably bigger than 6’2 Brodeur or 6’4 Luongo. Ryan Miller looked like a guy who’d never eaten in his life but was somehow just massive in his gear. The trend of goalies like Lindback just being big and in a lot of equipment was annoying

Reactions: henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad