Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Oilers series has a few already.

Yah. Edmonton and Vancouver
As the person with the opposite problem of all of you living in Edmonton, the Canucks last second scoring has been incredibly annoying. Not looking forward to having to go back to the office and the newfound Canucks ‘fans’ after a week away if they win

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
If the NHL is trying to new fan and sell themselves as an exciting sport…the Avs vs Stars ain’t it. God haven’t seen such boring hockey like this is ages.

Reactions: Alienblood

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
The whole "screaming a word in the national anthem" thing is so stupid. Carolina screams "red" when it comes up in the lyrics.

"Hey! Red! We have some red in our jerseys! Let's scream that word!!"

Yes, I sound like a cranky old man. No, I don't care.

Next time I attend an Avs game I'm going to scream when the word "stripes" comes up because our jersey has some stripes.
Would go to Tacoma Rockets games when they were still in WA and they did this with ROCKETS red glare. Annoying. Then again I am also

1716046014189.png

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
God I hope Edmonton going back to Skinner blows up on their faces, and he lets in like 3 softies in the 1st period. That would be marvellous.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Second year in a row I won’t bother with the WCF since I hate all 3 teams roughly equally. That would’ve been unthinkable at one time but it’s hard when I can’t even just hate cheer against one team (same reason I haven’t watched a ton of Oiler Canucks because I want them both to lose pretty equally)

Will be the first time since 2006 I don’t bother to watch the SCF if it’s the Rangers that get out of the east. Still would hope they crush the west champ but not enough to actually watch

Reactions: The Moops

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I feel that for me Dallas would be more likeable if they didn't have ugly jerseys, really ugly goal song, Jamie Benn and his very gross facial hair, Seguin, Duchene. It would be nice to see Florida win, Tkachuk trolling the Stars would be great

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel that for me Dallas would be more likeable if they didn't have ugly jerseys, really ugly goal song, Jamie Benn and his very gross facial hair, Seguin, Duchene. It would be nice to see Florida win, Tkachuk trolling the Stars would be great
So Dallas would be great if they weren't the Dallas Stars basically lol

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Tampa fan who's favorite west team is Dallas (insert 2020 SCF joke here) coming in peace with a question.

Historically, are the Stars the Avs #1 rival by now? Obviously nothing tops the peak of your rivalry withe the Wings from 1996-2002, and I don't think rivalries in the cap era can ever be as big as that. But the Stars were the 3rd wheel of that rivalry, and have had some notable playoff series against the Avs since then. Have the Stars done enough to overtake the Wings as the main rival in Avs history?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Tampa fan who's favorite west team is Dallas (insert 2020 SCF joke here) coming in peace with a question.

Historically, are the Stars the Avs #1 rival by now? Obviously nothing tops the peak of your rivalry withe the Wings from 1996-2002, and I don't think rivalries in the cap era can ever be as big as that. But the Stars were the 3rd wheel of that rivalry, and have had some notable playoff series against the Avs since then. Have the Stars done enough to overtake the Wings as the main rival in Avs history?
People will differ, naturally, and history pre-cap doesn't really play a factor to me. If you're asking about right now I would say:

1) St. Louis
2) Minnesota
3) Vegas
4) Dallas

I might be in the minority on the Vegas one, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad