Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is exactly what I thought would happen and I can almost guarantee the Isles will win. Then Tavares will be out from the Ovechkin hit or otherwise get injured late in game 7. It's just gonna set up perfect for the rags.

The entire Isles defense is basically out other than Boychuk already, how many more guys you think are gonna get hurt? :laugh:

I do agree part of me's at the point where I just wanted Washington to win and at least get some rest cause with each defensive injury my faith in the Isles pulling off a Ranger upset goes down further.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The entire Isles defense is basically out other than Boychuk already, how many more guys you think are gonna get hurt? :laugh:

I do agree part of me's at the point where I just wanted Washington to win and at least get some rest cause with each defensive injury my faith in the Isles pulling off a Ranger upset goes down further.

I don't want anyone else to get injured and I know the Isles D is decimated. That's why I say Tavares and or Halak will get injured too while they still advance. Because it will set up perfectly for the rags.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Probably the Caps are winning Game 7 anyway which is the other reason I wanted them to win today...they would have only had like several hours less rest than the Rangers finishing it off now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't like the way the Islanders look right now. Playing with fire.

Crappy also has played some of his defensemen too much, the two younger guys have hardly played.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just face it, the rangers are going far. This conference blows.

While I agree it would be fun to see the Isles-Rangers slug it out and see if something crazy happened. At this point the Isles actually beating them would be longer odds than the Habs beating Boston last year, but if they were healthy I'd still give them a shot.

Hopefully the Caps take some lessons out of their distant past ('08-09 when they actually DID beat the Rangers) rather than the recent one if they do get past the Isles.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
**** it man, don't care.

I'm rooting for the Islanders, if not just so I don't have t watch another Rangers vs Capital snuff film.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
**** it man, don't care.

I'm rooting for the Islanders, if not just so I don't have t watch another Rangers vs Capital snuff film.

You'd rather Isles rags in a snuff film? Isles are toast if they happen to squeak out of this series.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
**** it man, don't care.

Yeah it is getting old. We haven't seen Rangers-Isles since (bleh) 1994 though, when they made short work of an overmatched Isles team in the first round.

Holtby's the only thing that would give me any hope of the Caps flipping the script. Maybe Ovi gets hot and they can turn it into a slugfest the way they did with Dale Hunter in 2012.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You'd rather Isles rags in a snuff film? Isles are toast if they happen to squeak out of this series.
I absolutely would. Don't need to see the Rangers sodomize the Capitals again. Give them some new blood this time. With the way the Capitals look like they can't close out today, they might not even give the Rangers any competition this time.
Yeah it is getting old. We haven't seen Rangers-Isles since (bleh) 1994 though, when they made short work of an overmatched Isles team in the first round.
Yeah it's far past old. Just watching some of the regular season games between the two teams this season, it looks like it would be another Caps flame out.

Either the Rangers make them bite the curb early, or they flame out after having a series lead.

I'd rather see a new script, even if the Rangers use the Islanders as their blow up doll instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg