Stanley Cup Playoffs 2014 - 2015 Discussions, Predictions & Game Chat II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Honestly I've looked at the Wild as kind of like the '12 Devils or the '14 Rangers, an unheralded team that nobody noticed cause they were a low seed but got extremely hot in the second half of the season. I would have had them going further than a tight first-round series if not for that murderous division. Like it or not I 'could' see them in the Finals if they get past the big bear (and I don't mean the Blues)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Chicago is better than Minny and if the Ducks can take care of business I think they can grind the wild down. Other than them I think the wild would win any other series. The Blues always run into the toughest opponents early.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly I've looked at the Wild as kind of like the '12 Devils or the '14 Rangers, an unheralded team that nobody noticed cause they were a low seed but got extremely hot in the second half of the season. I would have had them going further than a tight first-round series if not for that murderous division. Like it or not I 'could' see them in the Finals if they get past the big bear (and I don't mean the Blues)

St Louis reminds me of the 06-10 Devils, or even the 97-99 Devils.

It's kind of insulting to compare them to those teams though, at least half the members of those teams had won cups prior to those crappy playoff teams.

Almost all of the 96-97 to 98-99 Devils had won the cup just a couple years before.

I did predict Wild in 7 before the series started. The Wild were red hot for months. They're actually a GOOD team too, unlike some of the other hot teams (*cough* Ottawa *cough*)

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
The Jets are the unluckiest team of the playoffs so far. It just seems like the Ducks get every break possible.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Chicago is better than Minny and if the Ducks can take care of business I think they can grind the wild down. Other than them I think the wild would win any other series. The Blues always run into the toughest opponents early.

Just I think that is where the wild would fall.

West is a damn minefield though. No team is safe.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Wow dirty move by Buff...

Geez that's suspendable IMO. Way more worth a game misconduct than what Subban did.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
He's lucky he didn't get a game misconduct. I would have tossed him. That was wholly unnecessary.

The league should give him a game for that

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think the Jets are so much unlucky, they just aren't that good.

I don't wanna call them a pretender team like Ottawa, because they're still a way better team than that IMO.

They're just not that great. I think they're a better team than Calgary, though Calgary is just way luckier. They've also got a couple forwards better than Winnipeg's.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
If the Jets come back here I'm gonna be pissed. Should have been a 5 minute penalty for Buff. I bet Buff scores here. Watch.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Considering the antics that got Byfuglien suspended just before the playoffs, I think he gets at least 2. Or SHOULD.

Two extremely dirty plays on unsuspecting players not even weeks apart-- DoPS would be straight up chicken **** to give him 1 or less for that. And I love Byfuglien, too.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Considering the antics that got Byfuglien suspended just before the playoffs, I think he gets at least 2. Or SHOULD.

Two extremely dirty plays on unsuspecting players not even weeks apart-- DoPS would be straight up chicken **** to give him 1 or less for that. And I love Byfuglien, too.

Except this moronic system the nhl employs bases the punishment on how injured the player is. No injury means one or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad