Speculation: Stanley Cup Parade route

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm wondering what you guys think would be a good parade route for (very very soon) when we win the cup.

How about from the Leg, up Memorial, turn on Portage and continue to Main and have a massive day-drink? Too short? Maybe continue past the Goldeyes stadium and the Museum of the Human Right to Get Wasted and party at Scotiabank Stage (is it still called that? I haven't been home in 6 years) ?

What was the WHA Jets Avco Cup Parade route?

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Start at portage and main, proceed north on main Street all the way to the perimeter highway then proceed in a clockwise direction all around the city, back again on main to city Hall where everyone is served free beer and discovers we lost the cup somewhere along the route, however somebody finds the cup at a pawn shop nearby, so all is good.

Last edited:

nags

Sep 27, 2006
I'm wondering what you guys think would be a good parade route for (very very soon) when we win the cup.

How about from the Leg, up Memorial, turn on Portage and continue to Main and have a massive day-drink? Too short? Maybe continue past the Goldeyes stadium and the Museum of the Human Right to Get Wasted and party at Scotiabank Stage (is it still called that? I haven't been home in 6 years) ?

What was the WHA Jets Avco Cup Parade route?

I think we should plan a new route every year. That way no one gets too bored or complacent. :)

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
SIGH, so it's gonna be one of those threads, is it?

How about from VJ's to Dairy Whip to the St. Vital location of Junior's? CHILIBURGERS FOR EVERYONE!

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
Just waiting for someone to call out this thread... it won't be me!
I propose a full lap of the perimeter, then east down Portage ending at the Forks. :)

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Start at Corydon and Stafford. Down Corydon to confusion, North on Osborne to Portage. Portage to Main Street. Main to the forks. Plenty of beverage stops along the route.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Start at Corydon and Stafford. Down Corydon to confusion, North on Osborne to Portage. Portage to Main Street. Main to the forks. Plenty of beverage stops along the route.

actually, they should just drive the scenic route from the airport to MTS Centre since it's so damn pretty

nags

Sep 27, 2006

Yes. It should be based on something important like drinking opportunities.

Someone should do an analysis, preferably with a number of criteria.

Some criteria will be quantitative, some will be qualitative.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Just keep circling the same downtown block endlessly in tribute to those intrepid Winnipeggers and their quest for a cheap parking spot within minimal walking distance of their destination.

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
Like the old days with the Warriors- Monarchs etc.
Start at Eatons down Portage south to Tribune onward to The Bay then south to Shea's for Beer and Sandwiches.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Just keep circling the same downtown block endlessly in tribute to those intrepid Winnipeggers and their quest for a cheap parking spot within minimal walking distance of their destination.
Lol, and by cheap you mean free.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Bad...Bad...Karma to have a thread such as this...The Hockey Gods will not be amused...we should sacrifice a Kane/Trouba Jersey immediately to appease the Gods of Ice...

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Bad...Bad...Karma to have a thread such as this...The Hockey Gods will not be amused...we should sacrifice a Kane/Trouba Jersey immediately to appease the Gods of Ice...

Its a joke. Relax.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
Belgium's better! clap clap clap-clap-clap :D

I've never been there so the only Belgium beer we drink here suffers from the trip over.

I was never that enamored with German beer until I had it fresh. It was good, particularly the wheat beer, yummy.

Danish beer is good. Drank a lot of it while I was there about 10 years ago.

Swedish beer is referred by the locals as "Industrial". Swede's apparently drink a lot of Danish beer :)

I think the route should go through Germany, Belgium, Sweden (assuming we drink only Danish beer) and Finish up in Finland...

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
All day round Air Canada Centre?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad