Stanley Cup final start date

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
When do you guys predict game 1 will be? I'm playing in a tournament in Arizona this weekend was hoping to catch some hockey during the weekend. How long after a series is over do they usually start Stanley Cup final? I can't rememeber for some reason

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Gallant said they had a 7 day wait so I believe Sunday or Monday.

If it would be the same as it was for WPG the final should start Friday.
Obviously that would be only little rest for TBL/WSH, but they treated WPG this bad after they beat NSH in game 7.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I thought they tried to stick to a Monday/Wednesday/Saturday schedule, a bit of an odd one this time around.

I don't mind the breaks when it's the Cup Final. Give the teams that much more rest and it can be fun to digest some of the storylines of the series with the breaks.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Seemed like an odd timeline to me, but I welcome it because now I'll only miss games 3 4 and 5 (I'll be in Europe) rather than 6 or 7. Let's just hope it goes the distance...

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
When do you guys predict game 1 will be? I'm playing in a tournament in Arizona this weekend was hoping to catch some hockey during the weekend. How long after a series is over do they usually start Stanley Cup final? I can't rememeber for some reason
in Vegas, so the date will include three 6's

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Don't understand why they can't start on Saturday and get two prime time games in.

Saturday 26th
Monday 28th
Thursday 31st
Saturday 2nd
Monday 4th
Wednesday 6th
Friday 8th

Any scheduling conflicts with the arenas?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Don't understand why they can't start on Saturday and get two prime time games in.

Saturday 26th
Monday 28th
Thursday 31st
Saturday 2nd
Monday 4th
Wednesday 6th
Friday 8th

Any scheduling conflicts with the arenas?
I hope so, otherwise this is ridiculous to wait that long

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I hope so, otherwise this is ridiculous to wait that long
There are a few reasons they do this:
1. Gives media ample time to cover the upcoming series, filling the viewing public's heads with ideas that this will be a great series.
2. Gives the players time to rest and heal, hopefully letting teams get back into somewhat peak shape to play the series, to maximize the quality.
3. Gives fans of other teams a cool down period so that they will hopefully tune back in even after their team was eliminated.
4. Provides less downtime from the end of the season to the next big event, the NHL Draft.
5. And finally, this is when the TV people expect it to be.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Issue is if somehow caps advance the schedule is going to have to change since capital one arena is booked Saturday june 2nd and Sunday june 3rd

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There are a few reasons they do this:
1. Gives media ample time to cover the upcoming series, filling the viewing public's heads with ideas that this will be a great series.
2. Gives the players time to rest and heal, hopefully letting teams get back into somewhat peak shape to play the series, to maximize the quality.
3. Gives fans of other teams a cool down period so that they will hopefully tune back in even after their team was eliminated.
4. Provides less downtime from the end of the season to the next big event, the NHL Draft.
5. And finally, this is when the TV people expect it to be.
Having too long of a break and having people find something else to do is the problem that they are creating for themselves.

The media is already doing their best to pump the whole Vegas storyline. Here in Edmonton I don't know that they are doing it on purpose though. The one show just wants to see Vegas win so that more people will be mad and scream conspiracy.

As for cool down, the majority of the fan bases are already gone so I don't know that waiting that long is really going to do much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad