Pre-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Final: New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings | Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake or Death

This wait is brutal... too many days in between... but LGR!

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
A win would be huge, no doubt, but you are never in any REAL trouble in a series until you drop one at home. Hope for the best but expect the worst (my life philosophy).

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
Im about to run a Spartan race in 2 hours so this seems perfect

LGR!!

Last edited:

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Easy win, putting all my money on it. Might as well play AV in goal, in a chair, drinking pre-victory tequila

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Getting tired of this Winnie business. All I know is it's my playoff beard and Rangers slippers that are bringing the magic...LGR

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A win would be huge, no doubt, but you are never in any REAL trouble in a series until you drop one at home. Hope for the best but expect the worst (my life philosophy).

Exactly this. Too many folks here in Ranger Nation are saying this is a "must game"..."if we lose it's over"..."can't see us winning 4 of 5"...yada yada.

Kings have had two 3 game losing streaks during the playoffs so far and a 2 gamer as well which is pretty *** remarkable and hard to do to be honest. This is not some juggernaut we are playing. Yes they are good best we've played so far no doubt and a definite step up in class from the Habs but they are vulnerable and we have the kind of team that can exploit it. No reason until we lose any of our home games as Swept stated, that we are out of this series. Kings have shown they can be beat and when they lose they can lose a few in a row.We have shown on other hand that we can go on a nice winning streak as well. Only thing tonight does if we lose is put the pressure on us to protect our home ice. Tonight, Kings have pressure on them to protect theirs. I got a hunch we not only win tonight but we win convincingly something in the 4 or 5-1 neighborhood...just a feeling. Not a doubt in my mind the boys will be flying tonight. Let's bring it home to MSG 1-1...

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Lose this and it´s over. A must win game. Simple as that.

I wouldn't go that far, but we'd absolutely have to win both our home games then, so all the pressure would be on us. If we win this though, there will be more pressure on LA. So this game will set the stage for the following games.

mti79

May 11, 2007
So I have a real question... early on when we were struggling I stopped wearing my Girardi Jersey and switched to my heritage gaborik. Since then we've been winning... do I continue to wear it or switch back since he's on LA? I could go back to Danny, go with a blank or a Jagr...

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
I won't say it's a "must win" but this game sure is important. The Rangers have been a better road team all year so to drop two on the road would not be good.

Cake or Death

So I have a real question... early on when we were struggling I stopped wearing my Girardi Jersey and switched to my heritage gaborik. Since then we've been winning... do I continue to wear it or switch back since he's on LA? I could go back to Danny, go with a blank or a Jagr...

To me, things like this have zero impact on the game, so I'd say where whatever gives you a good vibe. My gf has been naked every game... we've won some, we've lost some. I am certainly not putting clothing on her over superstition ;)

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
To me, things like this have zero impact on the game, so I'd say where whatever gives you a good vibe. My gf has been naked every game... we've won some, we've lost some. I am certainly not putting clothing on her over superstition ;)

Not that you owe us anything at this point, you are a terrific fan. That said, some visual aids would be greatly appreciated.:nod::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad