Half-Assed GDT: Stanley Cup Champs @ Stanley Cup Chumps

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Don't understand this talk that Binnington "stole" the game. He played great, but the Blues, as a whole, put up a solid performance. Even the last minute the Blues were confronted with some excellent keep-ins by the Lightning players. That Sergachev play comes to mind.

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
When is steen due back is there any update? Bernie just said that he’s still ‘3-4 weeks away.’ I thought it was a 4 week original timeline that started at least 2-3 weeks ago...

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

LBlues24

May 3, 2017
Guys like Sunny, Blais and Barbie are keys to winning the cup.

excellent secondary players who know their roles and aren’t afraid to chip in offensively when needed (Blais was looking like a top 6 player before the injury too)

Reactions: mk80

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not one of his better games.
Yea, his soft passing was picked off left and right. He got better as the game went on. His cross ozone pass to Schwartz was rediculous....of course, he didnt score. That pass though..... As he gets stronger and plays a "mans" game, he's going to flourish.

Reactions: 67Blues

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yea, his soft passing was picked off left and right. He got better as the game went on. His cross ozone pass to Schwartz was rediculous....of course, he didnt score. That pass though..... As he gets stronger and plays a "mans" game, he's going to flourish.
There are nights where he is our best forward and nights like tonight. I find myself getting frustrated with him bc when he is on he is amazing but then he will have times where he is the opposite. But keep reminding self he is only 20 YO. So glad we have him and get to watch him blossom into star.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Another strong game by JayBo. He has played better this year than he has in years. Arguably been our most consistent defenseman. I know he is36 and we assumed this might be it, but if he can stay healthy he looks to have a few more good years left.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Gutty win short handed on road tonight. So I don’t mean this to short our boys at all, but I don’t get Lightning hype. I know they are defending Pres trophy winners and everyone in media picked them to win Cup this season, but I just don’t see Tampa as great team. Boston and Washington look much better to me. Preds played us much tougher this week. Dallas is tough. Lightning have some talent but I just don’t see them as real Cup threat unless they take play much higher than they have ever shown with this core.

Reactions: mk80

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Gutty win short handed on road tonight. So I don’t mean this to short our boys at all, but I don’t get Lightning hype. I know they are defending Pres trophy winners and everyone in media picked them to win Cup this season, but I just don’t see Tampa as great team. Boston and Washington look much better to me. Preds played us much tougher this week. Dallas is tough. Lightning have some talent but I just don’t see them as real Cup threat unless they take play much higher than they have ever shown with this core.
They dont enjoy the battle so to say. That's why CBJ wiped the floor with them. I dont think much of CBJ, but they will make you earn every ince of ice.

Reactions: TK 421 and Blueston

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Nice to get back on the winning side of the score sheet. I wonder if Sunny is out will Kyrou be called up.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Nice to get back on the winning side of the score sheet. I wonder if Sunny is out will Kyrou be called up.

Wasn't Walker already called up? I imagine they'll give him a shot first. Losing Sunny is devastating as he's arguably been our most effective forward lately.

Solid game overall despite some periods of shakiness. I didn't think Parayko had a very strong game, he looked shaky at times. We were lucky the Perron O-zone penalty didn't cost us, and Binny saved our bacon. We're gonna need more production from ROR, Schwartz and other top guys at even strength because we can't expect our bottom 6 to bail us out every game. But a win's a win.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Do we have an update on sunny?

Berube says Sundqvist will be out “a while.” But additional testing/examination needed back in St. Louis to get a better idea on full nature of injury. (Sundqvist is on crutches and has right foot in walking boot.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad