GDT: Stanley Cup Champs come to Calgary : VGK(14-5-2) @ CGY(8-10-3) 730pm MDT SNW

who should be next callup from the Wranglers?

• Total voters

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
debating-unsure.gif

How bout Daniel freaking Vladar tho
nice to see Darth have a big start

Great - lots of guys up here. Vlad #1 but also Backlund, Kadri, Zadorov, Sharangovich, Greer the standouts

Good - The duality of MacKenzie Weegar, horrendous giveaway for a breakaway late in the 3rd, end to end rush for the GWG in OT. Huberdeau is trying out there man, I got time for a guy like that. Andersson maybe a little up and down but the up is excellent. Coleman, Pospisil, Mangiapane were all forechecking and creating chances as well. Team defense seems like it's improving. Zary continues to play with confidence. Hanifin I've always been warm/cold on but lately it has been much more warm.

Pretty alright - Gilbert a better game from him. Laid some lumber, cpl big hits. Lindy seems like he's more willing to make plays lately. Needs to heat it up. Not sure what Ruz did wrong but might have been Huska just shortening the bench. Dube was better? If only he could make a pass.
Wait......Daniel? You mean Darth?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good evaluation minus Huberdeau- 10.5 mil vet should not been trying, he should be delivering. These excuses are becoming tiring!

Also you forgot to add Tanev within your “great” taxonomy.

Exactly what they said :
It's disappointing. But at this point I'd just evaluate Huberdeau separate from his contract or else you'll never be satisfied. It's simply unlikely he lives up to it.

Us Panthers fans had to do the same with Bobrovsky. Every GDT for the first few years, users would pile on him nonstop. But we learned to temper our expectations and accepted he'd never live up to the contract.

Huberdeau is not going to earn 84 million dollars all in one night. It was never going to be a 'good' contract, myself and many others knew that the day they signed it. After having two young superstars decide not to commit to the Flames they were no doubt desperate to find somebody who would. Now I would advise against making organizational decisions out of desperation and emotion, but I can at least understand where they were coming from with it.

For now I will take him looking like a effective NHL player. Yeah you're right it's bare minimum, but you have to build off something and start somewhere. If for Johnathan that's digging in in the defensive zone I'll take it. 115pt Florida Hubes is dead and gone.

Tanev gets 5 gold stars for blocking a shot with his teeth. Man is nails and every team should have one.

Last edited:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I see we won, and in OT. Way to go boys!
Looks like you have missed a good one (saying "looks" as my Internet has been horrible and had missed a chunk myself but managed to view our best moments- and bad ones- Weegar in 3rd). I love Tanev, he literally blocked a snipe with his face a.k.a. Doug Glatt style! Hope he has no concussion and no more than couple of chiclets out!

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
What a game from Vladar. We actually might have to carry three goalies and ride the hot hand after seeing what Vlad is capable of when he’s locked in.

I thought it coulda been 4-0 after all the defensive breakdowns we had in the first period. Vlad made at least 3 massive saves that literally saved the game for us. Then we finally turned it on and played amazing in OT (PP aside). Solid win overall, but my god do we need to fix the PP. idk if it’s Savard or the personnel or both, but it’s very bad. When we call up Coronato we should legit go with Pospisil-Zary-Coronato-Lindy Rasmus. Those young guys are our most dangerous offensive guys imo

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This team has turned a new leaf since the pressure has been off Kadri and Huberdeau to be the focal point producers

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
It's pretty amazing that we are not only staying in hockey games, but collecting points recently with how poor our specialty teams have been.

With the emergence of Pospisil and Zary this team is incredibly deep. Four lines that can skate and chip in offense at five on five. Tough to matchup with over the course of a 60 minute game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad