Post-Game Talk: Stanley Cup Champions VS President Trophy Champions Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
**** you Tampa. Divers, cry babies. Man, if Kemper is done for the year, I 'll hate this team as much as I hate Pittsburgh.

Didn't see the game yet, but after reading about and watching the stats, this second game confirm my opinion after the 1st game. Not afraid of them, they won't get so much weak calls in playoffs and there is no 3 on 3 there.

they want to prove that they are a tough team and can beat the title holder. But they're not.

Right now, I even think they want beat Boston in round 2.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The main question from this game as is from the whole season: how far the boys will go with 2-9 being their busiest defensemen? Uninspiring is the kindest, softest word you could use to describe their game.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Sucks about Kempny really, he’s been great for us

However Djoos and Seigenhfjdhdhfhdhauler are good d-men in their own right

We will beat them anyway

Reactions: Blades of Steel

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
1. They should have won that game. We were so much better. Vasy stole that game.

2. Offensively we are so much better than last year.

3. Playoff Holts will be fine.

4. PK is still a big concern IMO.

5. PP needs fixing.

I don't see why we can't repeat. They're one of the best teams in the league.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Have we decided on the injury to Kempny? It was right in front of me and when he dropped he was out of sight.

Good thing it was $15 beer night otherwise I would have come home with an empty wallet.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Ive come to think that Lightning don't last that long. Last night kind of showed why.

If the Lightning have to play Boston in the 2nd round (and I think many people would favour Boston over Toronto with a home advantage), that could be a very tough series.
Regular season is split 1-1 with two games left to play. I'm very interested to see those two games, and the next one against the Caps. There are people who downplay these regular season
matchups and say they are meaningless, but I really believe this is where rivalries are formed, and current Cup champs vs wannabes or former Cup champs (Boston and the Pens), don't tell me
that those players aren't out there making statements and they're not playing their asses off. Anybody who has played sport competitively knows that you are out there because you want to win.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
OK, did you decide.

I know when he fell, he was getting punched. But Kempny seemed the aggressor early on.

I am still not clear. Decide what? What he injured? How bad it is? Who started it? The replay I saw showed Kempny getting head shot from behind and retiating and getting body slammed and maybe blowing out his knee.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If the Lightning have to play Boston in the 2nd round (and I think many people would favour Boston over Toronto with a home advantage), that could be a very tough series.
Regular season is split 1-1 with two games left to play. I'm very interested to see those two games, and the next one against the Caps. There are people who downplay these regular season
matchups and say they are meaningless, but I really believe this is where rivalries are formed, and current Cup champs vs wannabes or former Cup champs (Boston and the Pens), don't tell me
that those players aren't out there making statements and they're not playing their asses off. Anybody who has played sport competitively knows that you are out there because you want to win.

I saw two things last night. 1. a graphic showing that the Lightning clinched the Presi 3rd or 4th earliest in history. It showed the Capitals 15-16 team clinching one game later. That tells me all I need to know. But then nearly 60 shots on goal against. The Caps played the night before. The Caps ate them up. A full series of that Tampa doesn't survive. The Kempny injury was dirty. Its hard to know now whether it hurts the team more than it motivates them. Time will tell.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Reactions: RandyHolt

Tayls

Mar 20, 2019
Maryland/USA
There were three things in my opinion that lost us the game yesterday and grant it we were still in the game and took it to OT. First too many penalties that lead to not being able to kill off the penalties with the PK. Second, the PP was so recognizable. What I mean by that is they put the same exact things in motion on every PP that it seemed like Vasi and the Tampa PK was ready for everything. Lastly, Vasi stole the show last night and that sort of thing is going to happen from time to time. People are saying that Holtby was horrible, but I certainly don't think he was horrible at all but he was definitely outplayed by Vasi.

Reactions: RandyHolt

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I said pre game that if Reirden after the game said that the team cleaned up things from the first game, I would be content. Reirden post game, "I am proud of my team."

That's enough for me. Moving on.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Rewatching goals...there's no way Holtby could be excused for the first two. Just lame. The game was electric, the guys came ready to grind for all 60 minutes and those pucks just should not have been in. Period. Otherwise, that team's effort was the definition of going full throttle.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Jakub Vrana gets in his first career fight after Michal Kempny injured in scrum

Link to video of the incident. I think he injured his knee or leg on the way down to the ice, maybe landed on it awkwardly or hyper extended it or something.

I think the Vrana thing carries weight forward. Good for him. That was a cheap shot all the way that started that and the body slam was dirty and Kempny was punched when he was down. I don't like it. I don't think the Caps like it. Ov is going to be a bull in the next game

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I saw two things last night. 1. a graphic showing that the Lightning clinched the Presi 3rd or 4th earliest in history. It showed the Capitals 15-16 team clinching one game later. That tells me all I need to know. But then nearly 60 shots on goal against. The Caps played the night before. The Caps ate them up. A full series of that Tampa doesn't survive. The Kempny injury was dirty. Its hard to know now whether it hurts the team more than it motivates them. Time will tell.

Three of the Lightning goals were on PP's right? That's what caused us so much trouble in the series last season. As i recall the Bolts were almost unable to score 5 on 5.
alot of shots for the Bolts to allow. I also notice the Caps out hit them by 34-17, which tells me that playing the physical game definitely causes problems for the Bolts (I thought they were bigger and more physical this year but
clearly not as much as i thought - which is great).
Paquette is a dirty player . Hopefully Wilson goes after him for a fight but I doubt Paquette has the balls or the form to take him on. From looking at hockey fights Cedric seems to fall down quickly, probably so he doesn't get his ass kicked.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am still not clear. Decide what? What he injured? How bad it is? Who started it? The replay I saw showed Kempny getting head shot from behind and retiating and getting body slammed and maybe blowing out his knee.

Thank you!

animositynow

Mar 4, 2012
has anyone noticed the PP has been soooo bad .. ?

they seem to try and gain the zone with the slingshot 90% of the time. and half the time they throw it back and whoever is there (usually kuzy) is not in position to retrieve it properly.

then it wastes more time, and they slowly try it again.

another 20 seconds off the PP ticks down.

seems like they constantly waste previous seconds with the man advantage. teams have that figured out.

My only hope is they have some new looks and wrinkles but are not showing it until playoffs..but I am just guessing and hoping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad