Speculation: Stamkos

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
still can't see him going anywhere but tampa.

on the 1% chance he does go somewhere else - colorado, dallas, vegas, nyr

lawrence

May 19, 2012
term and cap friendly to retire a lighting.

Or

Detroit makes a hard push for him and he signs with them.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
All interested parties can salivate all they want. STAMKOS is a Lightning lifer. The two sides will find some common ground to make it work. As it should be.

End of story.
Sorry my friend there is another chapter...................Bruins

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Dallas will have some money available next season with Pavelski likely retiring and Duchene's deal up.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He will be back. Hopefully for cheap
Depends on what he wants at this stage. 34 and coming off a 40 goal year and PPG. But, I noticed his +/- plummeted to -24, when he's mostly been a single digit + player for most of his career. Was a -5 last season.
Places that would pay him the most are the mid level teams which could keep him in the $8 mill range for like 3 years. If he wants to go that route.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Hopefully Yzerman goes for him. I'd prefer him to Kane, if I'm being honest. I think we need a skilled vet that can be a passenger as opposed to needing to be the focal point of offense. Kane was great in Detroit, but I think he actually made the rest of the team a little shittier (from my eye test) as everybody on the ice automatically deferred to him, and he's not good enough for that to be the go-to game plan anymore.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
It's always been a bit of an open secret in GTA hockey circles that Stamkos is dead set on being a Bolt for life, but the only other team he would consider playing for if for whatever reason he can't be a Bolt for life is Toronto.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
term and cap friendly to retire a lighting.

Or

Detroit makes a hard push for him and he signs with them.

If he goes to Detroit, Yzerman better not offer him anything more than 3 years. But odds are he retires with Tampa, so I'm not too concerned.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
He said he wanted to play for 20 seasons I believe, so 4 years in the 6-6.5 range seems about right. He can finish his career in Tampa and then have a position waiting for him if ne wants it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I think he leaves. TB has no cap space and he was pretty pissed that they never even attempted to sign him last off-season. Best player in franchise history and they gave out extensions to Erik Cernak, Anthony Cirelli and Brandon Hagel before him. Insulting.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I think he leaves. TB has no cap space and he was pretty pissed that they never even attempted to sign him last off-season. Best player in franchise history and they gave out extensions to Erik Cernak, Anthony Cirelli and Brandon Hagel before him. Insulting.
Tampa currently has almost 12 with the projected cap, and they can get to ~16.5-17.5(and still over 14 likely after factoring in replacements for them) by moving 2-3 smaller contracts. Cap space won't be a major issue in the Stamkos situation unless all he cares about is the bag(unlikely), in which case he wasn't staying anyway.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Tampa currently has almost 12 with the projected cap, and they can get to ~16.5-17.5(and still over 14 likely after factoring in replacements for them) by moving 2-3 smaller contracts. Cap space won't be a major issue in the Stamkos situation unless all he cares about is the bag(unlikely), in which case he wasn't staying anyway.

Is this factoring in Hagels raise?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad