Stamkos drops the gloves

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Tampa scored 2 goals during the next minute after he was sent to the box while the game was tied 1-1. True captain...Marchand should have thought twice there.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
Tampa scored 2 goals during the next minute after he was sent to the box while the game was tied 1-1. True captain...Marchand should have thought twice there.

While I'll agree that this did help the team tremendously, If I was Marchand I'd gladly drop with Stamkos to get him off the ice for 5 minutes+a whistle every chance I got.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
While I'll agree that this did help the team tremendously, If I was Marchand I'd gladly drop with Stamkos to get him off the ice for 5 minutes+a whistle every chance I got.

I guess, but you'd have to assume that seeing a captain step up and fight would get his team amped up. It's not the usual enforcer or 4th liner stepping up here, it's the superstar (in most cases) dropping the gloves.

Can't blame Marchand either, but not at all surprised TB stepped up their game during those 5 mins. Surprised at 2 goals in a min though lol, impressive.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Both of those guys are the biggest muffins in the world when it comes to fighting.

The mind is willing but the body isn't.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
well, if you go fighting with sole intent to grab the guy and pull him down, well, could have different views on that.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
What did Marchand do? Throw a dangerous hit?

Nothing over the top dirty. You can see the hit in the video clip on Filppula, a tad late, and he had another hit on Johnson earlier in the game.

I hate it when whole teams go after guys when they make huge clean hits. The underlying circumstances are a bit different here though, Boston is a physically tough team that has had our number, so Stamkos sent a message and the team responded for their captain.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Somebody should dump that dirty rat marchmand on the ice every game.

feffan

Sep 9, 2010
Malmö
well, if you go fighting with sole intent to grab the guy and pull him down, well, could have different views on that.

The point Stamkos was trying to make was made. And without two grown men exchanging blows to the head with the risks that comes with that.

I am not pro-fighting. Especially staged fighting. But this and the fights like Lecavalier/Iginla that´s based on "true" emotions and not some bogus follow up to a clean hit is something I can´t help to like. Good on Stamkos. Couldn´t care less that it was a wrestling match. He outmuscled Marchand. Point proven. An even greater example is Chara ragdolling McCabe. Can guarantee you that had as great affect on those two teams that any fight with blows exchaning could have...

Tyler Biggs*

Marchand is the coward of the NHL right now. If the league dropped it's instigator rule the high priced players wouldn't have to fight the scum of the NHL.

Analyzer*

One of those hits where you can do it if you're Boston, but it's a "very dangerous play" if you do it to a Bruin.

I'm surprised Edwards didn't totally homer it up.

"Marchand is mad and he grabs Stamkos, they tangle a bit...MARCHAND HAD ENOUGH AND HE THROWS STAMKOS TO THE GROUND."

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Wrestle, funny stuff. I'm a huge Marchy fan but it was def a pathetic match. Overall an solid show of character by Stamkos who usually comes across as a total p**** but indeed puts the biscuit in the basket.

I like the Wack Edwards call too. I love him too but he can def get ridiculous!

Last edited:

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Outside of Adam McQuaid, Brad Marchand is probably the Bruins toughest player... and that's sad.

To use your word "tough", Bergeron playing in the 2013 Cup Finals with a separated shoulder and broken rib is pretty fn "tough"!!! Also, 2013 playoffs Campbell finishing the PK upright with a broken leg is pretty damn "tough"!!

If you want to change that to the word "fight", not too many guys are lining up to fight Lucic or Chara.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The Bruins go from one of the toughest to one of the softest teams in just over a year. Thank you, Peter Chiarelli.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To use your word "tough", Bergeron playing in the 2013 Cup Finals with a separated shoulder and broken rib is pretty fn "tough"!!! Also, 2013 playoffs Campbell finishing the PK upright with a broken leg is pretty damn "tough"!!

If you want to change that to the word "fight", not too many guys are lining up to fight Lucic or Chara.

Yes, i'll change that word to fight. The Bruins don't fight anymore, they don't stand up for each other like years past. It's tough for me to even watch this sorry excuse for a hockey team.

I'm willing to bet someone could two-hand Bergeron like McSorley did to Brashear and no one on Boston outside of Adam McQuaid would do a damn thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad