Pre-Game Talk: St-Louis @ Montréal

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Boy this is gonna be good. Biggest game so far. Time for the Habs to show that they belong among the top teams and that we can compete with anybody. Remember the win against The Hawks? We'll have more of that please. Too bad Drouin is still out though, we could have used the extra punch; hello Max, are you listening?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Well the team really need to start winning when playing against non-Atlantic teams, they only get to face one ATL team in the next 9 games (OTT), so might as well start tomorrow.

Habs vs ATL: 8-1-1
Habs vs MET: 2-2-1
Habs vs PAC: 1-5-0
Habs vs CEN: 2-4-1

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not surprisingly, the coach won't tinker with the lineup that produced the one-dimensional outcome from Saturday.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Boy this is gonna be good. Biggest game so far. Time for the Habs to show that they belong among the top teams and that we can compete with anybody. Remember the win against The Hawks? We'll have more of that please. Too bad Drouin is still out though, we could have used the extra punch; hello Max, are you listening?
Max can't hear you. He has in his ears two straws from his patio drinks. (Apologies to Patrick Roy).

Also, I'm sort of glad to see Drouin sit for one more game. I want to see how that DLR-Byron-Galchenyuk line responds against a good team.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This is the real test I’ve been waiting for to see if we have a decent team or not.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
St-Louis is slumping they will be looking to get one at all costs, not feeling Habs on this one. I hope I'm wrong, but a win is possible if the good Habs show up.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Not surprisingly, the coach won't tinker with the lineup that produced the one-dimensional outcome from Saturday.

I hope Carr and JDLR have good games. If a Galchenyuk-DLR-Byron line can keep producing and Carr keeps producing, I want to see:

Galchenyuk JDLR Byron
Pacioretty Danault Shaw
Hudon Plekanec Gallagher
Carr Drouin Deslauriers

4 2nd lines.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Max can't hear you. He has in his ears two straws from his patio drinks. (Apologies to Patrick Roy).

Also, I'm sort of glad to see Drouin sit for one more game. I want to see how that DLR-Byron-Galchenyuk line responds against a good team.

20ifkq.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope Carr and JDLR have good games. If a Galchenyuk-DLR-Byron line can keep producing and Carr keeps producing, I want to see:

I'd like to see an opportunity given to Hudon, to play center. Curious as to how that might pan out.

Reactions: Habs100

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
I don’t understand Chucky gets sent to the 4th line but Vanisheretty never gets dropped to the Press Box or further down the lines. Why is he so valued I don’t get it. It is a special skill when you’re a forward with no points in a 10-1 win.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Well Max had two points the game before they beat the wings 10-1. He didn'T need to score then.

I don’t understand Chucky gets sent to the 4th line but Vanisheretty never gets dropped to the Press Box or further down the lines. Why is he so valued I don’t get it. It is a special skill when you’re a forward with no points in a 10-1 win.

The press box? Are you serious? He has 4 game winners and the third most shots in the league. These things happen with streaky scorers. My god.

Why is he so valued? Maybe because he has been the habs only real goal scorer for the past 5 years.

He had two points the game before - who cares if he didn't get a point in a 10-1 win...

Reactions: Joey
Apr 28, 2010

I don't like the guy either but I don't think he should be benched.

He should be traded.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
St Louis has hit the skids, and so has Calgary of late. It will be interesting to see how the Habs stack up.

Good teams don't let their slumps ride out too long, so if the blues are as good as some people want you to believe, then this will be a real stiff test for Montreal. Flames are also much better than they have shown lately and are due for a good performance. Another stiff test.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Blues games are physical and the Habs don't respond well to heavier, physical western teams. It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference maker Price can be.

Meantime, how's Martin Brodeur doing within the Blues's management team? Learn the ropes, Martin. You never know. :sarcasm:

Plante

Devils Advocate
May 12, 2010
Anahim Lake
thesoapbar.ca
I haven't watched any hockey this year except for the past four Price wins. I watched him locally growing up and he's been just a treat since we drafted him. Hoping we(he) can go beast mode all year again.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Should be an interesting one and a bigger test that any in this winning streak the team is on.

we are so bad at center might as well throw anybody there.....maybe try mete or jerabek next

Difference is that he is a forward and I believe he has played some center though I am not 100% sure.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
whats your point...you want them to change a lineup that won 10-1 to put your chucky at centre just so you are happy

No I don’t expect line up changes to start this game even tho I expect this line to be useless against a team that can defend and have a goalie who can stop a beachball. I was just laughing at the fact that absolutely everyone is going to get to start as a top 6 center for our team before Galchenyuk is ever going to get another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad