Proposal: St. Louis - Boston

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I'd do this. Then I'd offer berglund a contract to play the rest of this season and talk about anything after that after the season is over. Then I'd call Washington and ask what they want for Oshie. Oh the possibilities. Maybe call NYR for shatty... that would destroy the blues but who cares, they already suck and that would be one way to make headlines this year
St Louis Blues reunion tour 2019

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I mean lets be clear. Donato looked amazing his first few games last year with Krejci... and then it became clear he had room to grow. Lets not count our chickens with Cehlarik. But... that is exactly the point. Schenn's ability to play anywhere means that he can go to the place of most need as JFK, Frederic, Studnicka, Donato, Bjork, Heinen, and Cehlarik try to make their mark on the roster over the next few years...and maybe beyond as Krejci's deal moves to a partial NTC and you think about keeping around Schenn long term. That, the Bruins depth on LD, and the Blues lack of anything going on there is what makes a deal between these two teams make sense.

But, as long as the Blues tease with this little point streak the hot stove has got to cool down.

I agree that our needs match up quite well, but I would much rather have Lauzon+ than Gryz paired with whomever you guys want the least (a few days ago it was Cehlarik, today it is JFK, but Heinen is never far behind). And I think that is in line with Schenn's value.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I agree that our needs match up quite well, but I would much rather have Lauzon+ than Gryz paired with whomever you guys want the least (a few days ago it was Cehlarik, today it is JFK, but Heinen is never far behind). And I think that is in line with Schenn's value.

Yeah as a fan base we sure do overreact in every direction when a kid has a good or bad game. Like all fanbases I think :).

Lauzon+ works for me.

Reactions: sfvega

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah as a fan base we sure do overreact in every direction when a kid has a good or bad game. Like all fanbases I think :).

Lauzon+ works for me.
Yeah, your guys' trade threads are pretty funny. It would be one thing if it was just 1 or 2 posters, but man the ups and downs in that thread, it's a roller coaster. Dom posts a rumor and things go crazy, things don't immediately happen, and it's the end of the world, then Dom posts again, and everyone goes crazy. One minute Schenn is awesome, the next he's crap and not worth the asking price.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, your guys' trade threads are pretty funny. It would be one thing if it was just 1 or 2 posters, but man the ups and downs in that thread, it's a roller coaster. Dom posts a rumor and things go crazy, things don't immediately happen, and it's the end of the world, then Dom posts again, and everyone goes crazy. One minute Schenn is awesome, the next he's crap and not worth the asking price.

Hey at least we only have 1 game day thread.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I would do it without the retention, if for no other reason than a buyout of Steen is more advantageous than a buyout of Backes.

OR, I'd retain 50% on Backes if you guys took him back as a cap dump in a deal for Schenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad