Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
cut.jpg

2019-20 Regular Season
Blues: 71 GP, 42-19-10, 94 points (1st in Western, 1st in Central)
Canucks: 69 GP, 36-27-6, 78 points (7th in West, 3rd in Pacific)

Head-to-Head

Oct. 17, 2019: Canucks 4, Blues 3 (SO)
Nov. 5, 2019: Blues 2, Canucks 1 (OT)
Jan. 27, 2020: Canucks 3, Blues 1

:blues
*Projected lineups -- the 4th line is a best guess with Barbashev on paternity and Blais TBD*

Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
MacEachern-Sundqvist-Brouwer

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Scandella-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk

Binnington

VS.

:nucks

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-MaCewen

Hughes-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Juolevi-Myers

Markstrom

acdc-flick-of-the-switch.jpg

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think you’re right about the players, but I think Brouwer might actually get put directly into Blais’ spot. In the actual game, Sundqvist and other players would take some of those shifts.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Toffoli not playing is fairly significant for them as he’s one of their better depth pieces.

If the ROR + Parayko units can keep the Pettersson line in check, our depth has a huge advantage over them. Our lines 2-4 are way better than theirs and guys like Tarasenko, Schwartz and Thomas could feast.

Obviously containing Pettersson and co. is easier said than done though so it’ll be a challenge.

I’m expecting the Blues to be thoroughly outplayed for the first 5 minutes until they get their legs under them and fight back.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Saw that Berube was talking about moving Thomas up to the top six.

Guessing our forward lines will be:

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Perron
Schenn-Thomas-Tarasenko
Sanford-Bozak-Brouwer/Kyrou
MacEachern-Sundqvist-Steen

I expect Brouwer to be in that 3RW spot, but I’d prefer Kyrou due to his speed.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Perron
Schenn-Thomas-Tarasenko

Just wondering, where did he say that? :)

I do like your lines, really like to see Thomas on a line with Tarasenko. And I agree with Kyrou on that 3rd line if Thomas doesn't play there... That line needs a playmaker and Brouwer... well... isn't one.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Perron
Schenn-Thomas-Tarasenko

Where did you see this? I don't mind the lines.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Just wondering, where did he say that? :)

I do like your lines, really like to see Thomas on a line with Tarasenko. And I agree with Kyrou on that 3rd line if Thomas doesn't play there... That line needs a playmaker and Brouwer... well... isn't one.
Where did you see this? I don't mind the lines.

Jeremy Rutherford tweeted about it yesterday or the day before. Apparently the coaches have been talking about it, and he definitely deserves to be there.

Also agreed on the Sanford-Bozak line needing a playmaker, even though Bozie isn’t too bad at it himself.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Jeremy Rutherford tweeted about it yesterday or the day before. Apparently the coaches have been talking about it, and he definitely deserves to be there.

Also agreed on the Sanford-Bozak line needing a playmaker, even though Bozie isn’t too bad at it himself.
Sounded more like an option if needed than plan going in. I expect Thomas to start on 3rd line.

Reactions: Bendak and Blanick

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

Yeah I remember the quote about Thomas in the top 6 but I agree with Blueston that it was more than likely an option to shake things up if needed. I fully expect the lineup to be similar to what we saw in the play in. Also, I know some people won't be happy about it but Brouwer actually played well in the round robin and with Barby and possibly Blais both out I have no problem with him slotting in for a game or two, maybe sharing time with Kyrou.

Reactions: Bendak and Blueston

Mar 6, 2012
It seems to me that spreading out our depth would be a good counter to the more top heavy Vancouver. We need a shut down line for their top line and then we need to spread our scoring out so we can come in waves.

I don't think we're getting Barbachev back until like game 4 I think. He will definitely be missed.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It seems to me that spreading out our depth would be a good counter to the more top heavy Vancouver. We need a shut down line for their top line and then we need to spread our scoring out so we can come in waves.

I don't think we're getting Barbachev back until like game 4 I think. He will definitely be missed.

My guess is that Berube will try to match O'Reilly against Vancouver's top line most of time.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It hasn't been confirmed yet that Blais will be unavailable. There is a chance he could play. If he doesn't my gut says that spot will go to Steen and Brouwer will replace Steen on the 4th.
They should sit him.

Blais really isn’t that good aside from his hitting. So if he’s not 100%, he’s not going to be an asset. Keep him out until at least game 2 when he might be ready.

I do hope to see Kyrou get in tonight. I don’t expect it, but we will have plenty of games to play our grinders if he sucks. Let’s give him a shot and see what he can do.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

RR10

Jul 2, 2018
They should sit him.

Blais really isn’t that good aside from his hitting. So if he’s not 100%, he’s not going to be an asset. Keep him out until at least game 2 when he might be ready.

I do hope to see Kyrou get in tonight. I don’t expect it, but we will have plenty of games to play our grinders if he sucks. Let’s give him a shot and see what he can do.
Blais is far better than the alternative, Brouwer. And he´s one of the few fast guys so we need him.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
They should sit him.

I tend to agree. I like Blais and think he plays style that can be effective but have never understood our coaching staffs reasoning for shoehorning him into a top 6 role. Ideally I think he would be a great addition to that 4th line when Steen retires.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I tend to agree. I like Blais and think he plays style that can be effective but have never understood our coaching staffs reasoning for shoehorning him into a top 6 role. Ideally I think he would be a great addition to that 4th line when Steen retires.
Barbie and Blais both bring nice skill level with heavy physical play. Too bad neither thinks game at a level to be able to effectively play in top 6 on consistent basis.

Reactions: Bendak and Blanick

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019

There is no question Thomas deserves a top 6 role but I assume they’ve kept him down for depth in the bottom 6.

I would try him on the first line. I suppose they could move Sanford down but I like that 2nd line and Sanford always looks lost without ROR/DP57

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
They should sit him.

I personally thought Kyrou was alright in the Vegas game. His first ever "playoff" game so it wasn't perfect, but I certainly don't think he hurt us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad