Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: Build-A-List

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Only what worried about Perunovich is he is so small and doesn't have best of skating. He look so raw in scrimmages. He didn't impress me at all. Walman was miles ahead of him. And yes he's 2-year older. Perunovich looked like he belongs in the juniors.
My understanding was that his skating was what made him a good defenseman. He is mobile and scores a lot

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
My understanding was that his skating was what made him a good defenseman. He is mobile and scores a lot
What I saw on him. That is his one big issue on his game, second is size. Not fast, not big and cant play physical game. Good luck.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
He looks brickwall, goes hard to net' type of player. Written in wall he's bottom 9 player than top6. We have players who bottom 9 ceiling so I rank Neighbours with them.

There was forwards behind Neighbours who has higher ceiling and clearly better hockey IQ, skating, almost everything. I think this is good comparison for TT pick what we made. Blues type of player, but not best player available.

Elite Prospects - NHL Entry Draft 2016

I dont blame at all Bill Armstrong he has draft great players, but someway I have feeling Army was pushing behind to go after one type of players.

This is just my take on how I have review Blues drafts. :dunno:
A lot of people seem to have these concerns that he doesn't have a high ceiling. I ranked him second mainly just out of trust in Armstrong and our scouting staff, but I have seen some video and highlights and thought he had some impressive moments. Maybe he could make eventually end up in the top 6 as more of a complimentary player rather than a play-driver. These two goals in particular I thought showed some high level finishing ability.

4xoxke.gif
4xoxwr.gif

I agree with Ranksu his skating leaves something to be desired for a guy his size. His most impressive trait is his vision and passing ability.

Reactions: Ranksu

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
From what I've seen and read his top end speed isn't like Quinn Hughes or anything but he is super nimble and has great edgework. Skating shouldn't be a concern.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
A lot of people seem to have these concerns that he doesn't have a high ceiling. I ranked him second mainly just out of trust in Armstrong and our scouting staff, but I have seen some video and highlights and thought he had some impressive moments. Maybe he could make eventually end up in the top 6 as more of a complimentary player rather than a play-driver. These two goals in particular I thought showed some high level finishing ability.

View attachment 395219 View attachment 395218

I agree with Ranksu his skating leaves something to be desired for a guy his size. His most impressive trait is his vision and passing ability.

From what I've seen and read his top end speed isn't like Quinn Hughes or anything but he is super nimble and has great edgework. Skating shouldn't be a concern.
I should note that his passing and vision were what set him apart from his peers. He is a great distributor, however his scouting labeled him as good and mobile skater. I guess my comment is more so dispelling the myth that he wouldn't be successful as a defenseman because of his skating. I think he'll be fine on that end

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Perunovich is very similar to Krug in terms of his skating. (In fact, he reminds me of Krug in a lot of ways). He doesn't possess great breakaway speed or superior acceleration, but he is very quick, with good lateral movement. If he combines that with his vision and edgework, he has the potential to be a great offensive contributor. It is his size and strength, together with his defensive awareness, that have me a bit concerned. If he adds some muscle and shows some real dedication to learning defense in the AHL, I am confident he can become a regular NHL'er.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad