Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top-20 Prospects: Build-A-List

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Hello all,

We have successfully completed the Top-20 Blues Prospect List as voted by the HFBlues community. It was a long process, but it's all over. Now the next step would be to have everyone, all those who wish to participate that is, to create their own Top-20 List so to compare it to the voted list. This is a way for everyone to show who they personally value as opposed to the larger consensus. After all the lists have been made, I will then create an aggregate of all of those lists to compare to the voted list. Maybe even throw a poll together to see which list everyone prefers. But that remains to be seen.

Let's say that from today (January 25th) the deadline to input your respective lists will be this Sunday (January 31st) at 11:59 p.m. That should give everyone plenty of time to think and create their lists. This is in no way mandatory and is strictly for fun. That said, I don't think an aggregated list of created lists would be that meaningful if less than, say, 10 lists are made. So of course, the more the merrier!

With all that said, let's begin!

Here is the Voted List for reference:

1) Jordan Kyrou - 83.3% (Run-off Vote)
2) Scott Perunovich - 76.9%
3) Klim Kostin - 57.9%
4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%
5) Jake Neighbours - 61.1%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.6%
7) Joel Hofer - 69.4%
8) Tyler Tucker - 31.6%
9) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.6%
10) Dylan Peterson - 44.8%
11) Keean Washkurak - 29%
12) Austin Poganski - 36.7%
13) Hugh McGing - 25.0%
14) Colten Ellis - 52.6% (Run-off Vote)
15) Mathias Laferriere - 42.3%
16) Leo Loof - 32.0%
17) Matt Kessel - 37.0%
18) Vadim Zherenko - 38.5%
19) Tanner Dickinson - 54.5%
20) Jake Walman - 44.0%

Also, the rules that were applied to the last list will be applied to these lists as well. For reference:
  1. As an arbitrary number, I decided that any Blues prospect that has played less than 65 games will be considered a "prospect".
  2. Any Blues prospect below the age of 25 will be eligible.
  3. The prospect has to be Blues property at this current stage.

Reactions: Ranksu

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
1. Kyrou
2. Mikkola
3. Perunovich
4. Kostin
5. Hofer
6. Walman
7. Tucker
8. Alexandrov
9. Neighbours
10. Kessel
11. Peterson
12. Ellis
13. Toropchenko
14. Poganski
15. Laferierre
16. Washkaruk
17. McGing
18. Zherenko
19. Dickinson
20. Loof

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
  1. Kyrou
  2. Mikkola
  3. Kostin
  4. Perunovich
  5. Hofer
  6. Alexandrov
  7. Neighbours
  8. Tucker
  9. Peterson
  10. Kessel
  11. Poganski
  12. Washkurak
  13. Walman
  14. Toropchenko
  15. Zherenko
  16. Dickinson
  17. Toropchenko
  18. Loof
  19. Beck
  20. Ellis

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
01. Jordan Kyrou
02 Scott Perunovich
03. Jake Neighbours
04. Niko Mikkola
05. Joel Hofer
06. Klim Kostin
07. Dylan Peterson
08. Nikita Alexandrov
09. Tanner Dickinson
10. Hugh McGing
11. Colten Ellis
12. Leo Lööf
13. Tyler Tucker
14. Mathias Laferrière
15. Matt Kessel
16. Keean Washkurak
17. Vadim Zherenko
18. Jake Walman
19. Alexei Toropchenko
20. Austin Poganski

21. Nolan Stevens
22.Mitch Reinke
23. Tanner Kaspick
24. Evan Fitzpatrick
25. Will Cranley
26. Dakota Joshua
27. Jérémy Michel
28. Evan Polei
29. Noah Beck
30. Erik Foley (will he ever recover from his concussion symptoms?)
31. Anton Andersson (is this a real person?)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
01. Jordan Kyrou
02 Scott Perunovich
03. Jake Neighbours
04. Niko Mikkola
05. Joel Hofer
06. Klim Kostin
07. Dylan Peterson
08. Nikita Alexandrov
09. Tanner Dickinson
10. Hugh McGing
11. Colten Ellis
12. Leo Lööf
13. Tyler Tucker
14. Mathias Laferrière
15. Matt Kessel
16. Keean Washkurak
17. Vadim Zherenko
18. Jake Walman
19. Alexei Toropchenko
20. Austin Poganski

21. Nolan Stevens
22.Mitch Reinke
23. Tanner Kaspick
24. Evan Fitzpatrick
25. Will Cranley
26. Dakota Joshua
27. Jérémy Michel
28. Evan Polei
29. Noah Beck
30. Erik Foley (will he ever recover from his concussion symptoms?)
31. Anton Andersson (is this a real person?)
Can you open up your view Perunovich vs Mikkola.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Can you open up your view Perunovich vs Mikkola.

In my rankings I rate potential (ceiling) very highly, probably higher then others. Which is also the reason why I probably have Dickinson higher than anyone else and why I'm not that high on guys like Poganski and Toropchenko.

In case of Perunovich vs Mikkola it's higher ceiling vs higher floor. I see Perunovich having the potential to become a nr. 2-3 defenseman if everything goes right, Mikkola more as a really good bottom pairing or max a nr. 3-4 defenseman. Also Mikkola is 2 years older. Wouldn't be surprised if they actually get on the same pairing at some point down the line. Skillwise they do complement each other.

Reactions: Ranksu and Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't know enough about the bottom of the pool to do more than 10, so I'm going to do a top 10. Hopefully that doesn't screw up the aggregated list. If it does, just discount my list.

1. Kyrou-Would've been my number 1 if I did this pre-season, definitely is now. He honestly looks like a star and is producing like one.
2. Perunovich-Not 100% confident in his ability to transition from college to pro, but if he does he will be an impact player at a very valuable position.
3. Mikkola-Doesn't have the ceiling of Perunovich, but is already a decent bottom pairing guy. Seems like a good bet to play a long time in the NHL as a steady Dman.
4. Alexandrov-I want to like him more, but I haven't seen him play enough. Seems to be a puck hound with decent offensive skill. Maybe a solid 3rd liner.
5. Neighbours-Very Bluesy player. Responsible player who won't blow you away with skill, but has enough of it to be a threat. Feels like a high floor, low ceiling type player.
6. Kostin-Only here for the ceiling, but that's honestly in question at this point. I don't really get it. He has every tool you could want, but can't really do anything with it. Was really hoping for a Gurianov type resurgence in the AHL/KHL this year, but instead he can't really even do much in the KHL. If Jaskin is your league MVP, how good is your league? And Kostin is struggling(albeit with half the ice time of Jaskin) to even get ice time let alone scoring opportunities. I was so high on him, but I'm honestly ready to cut bait. His ceiling is interesting enough to keep him on the list, though.
7.Tucker-I'm intrigued and perplexed by him. Tough guy turned OHL star. Weird that the Blues keep playing him at forward in scrimmages. Know his skating is rough, but he's an interesting package.
8. Washkurak-I like what scouts have said about his tenacity on the puck. Seems to have enough skill to play a bottom six roll one day. PK type. That has value.
9. Joel Hofer-Has done about as well as could be expected out of him to this stage, but so have so many other goalies before him that end up being nothing. I just can't get excited about a goalie prospect.
10. Toropchenko-Interesting bottom six/PK type. Big with loads of speed. That's an interesting package even if the rest of his game is lacking.

EDIT: Actually putting correct numbers. Removed Poganski.

Last edited:

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't know enough about the bottom of the pool to do more than 10, so I'm going to do a top 10. Hopefully that doesn't screw up the aggregated list. If it does, just discount my list.

1. Kyrou-Would've been my number 1 if I did this pre-season, definitely is now. He honestly looks like a star and is producing like one.
2. Perunovich-Not 100% confident in his ability to transition from college to pro, but if he does he will be an impact player at a very valuable position.
3. Mikkola-Doesn't have the ceiling of Perunovich, but is already a decent bottom pairing guy. Seems like a good bet to play a long time in the NHL as a steady Dman.
4. Alexandrov-I want to like him more, but I haven't seen him play enough. Seems to be a puck hound with decent offensive skill. Maybe a solid 3rd liner.
5. Neighbours-Very Bluesy player. Responsible player who won't blow you away with skill, but has enough of it to be a threat. Feels like a high floor, low ceiling type player.
6. Kostin-Only here for the ceiling, but that's honestly in question at this point. I don't really get it. He has every tool you could want, but can't really do anything with it. Was really hoping for a Gurianov type resurgence in the AHL/KHL this year, but instead he can't really even do much in the KHL. If Jaskin is your league MVP, how good is your league? And Kostin is struggling(albeit with half the ice time of Jaskin) to even get ice time let alone scoring opportunities. I was so high on him, but I'm honestly ready to cut bait. His ceiling is interesting enough to keep him on the list, though.
6.Tucker-I'm intrigued and perplexed by him. Tough guy turned OHL star. Weird that the Blues keep playing him at forward in scrimmages. Know his skating is rough, but he's an interesting package.
7. Washkurak-I like what scouts have said about his tenacity on the puck. Seems to have enough skill to play a bottom six roll one day. PK type. That has value.
8. Joel Hofer-Has done about as well as could be expected out of him to this stage, but so have so many other goalies before him that end up being nothing. I just can't get excited about a goalie prospect.
9. Toropchenko-Interesting bottom six/PK type. Big with loads of speed. That's an interesting package even if the rest of his game is lacking.
10. Poganski-Probably nothing more than an NHL 4th liner, but that has value.
This one goes to 11.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
(As a note, I tend to go off on potential of players, not necessarily the ability to fit in a certain place. So bottom six players/goalies tend to be lower in my rankings.)

1. Jordan Kyrou. (The obvious choice, given that Kyrou can be a top six winger if given a chance. Can fly, can pass, can do everything offensively. Defense is a question, but he could prove to be decent.)

2. Scott Perunovich. (Dominated college. Could easily slot into the top four defensive pairings if given time and development. Even if he doesn't meet sky-high expectations, could still be a good puck-moving defenseman with offensive skills.)

3. Niko Mikkola. (I'm more bullish on him than most; I think he can be a 3rd/4th defensive defenseman in the mold of a more physical Bouwmeester. Even if he doesn't meet those expectations, will still be a good bottom pairing defenseman; players with his size and speed are rare.)

4. Jake Neighbours. (I've really warmed up to him after drafting him; he has sandpaper in his all-around game, with decent offensive skills that could increase with more usage. Either way, will likely be a middle six winger.)

5. Klim Kostin. (Has all the tools, but some question if he'll ever have open the toolbox. I think he can; I just hope he doesn't stay in Russia after this year. I think he could be really good.)

6. Nikita Alexandrov. (The fact that he's a center prospect bumps him up here, but he could be a good middle six center who has solid offensive skills. I liked the pick when it was made, and nothing's made me change my mind.)

7. Tyler Tucker. (A seventh round tough guy who really improved his skating and offensive ability, Tucker probably won't be the offensive force he was in juniors, but I do like his attitude, and think he could be an Edmundson type if he improves his skating to NHL level.)

8. Leo Lööf. (I'm higher on him than most, admittedly, but I think he could be a 3rd defenseman who does everything well, if not elite. He's already playing against men in Sweden and holding his own. Even if he becomes a Gunnarsson type, that's still a good NHL player.)

9. Dylan Peterson. (Kids with his height tend to take time to grow into their frame, but he's looking like another good pick with what he's doing in college. The fact that he's a center is a bonus.)

10. Tanner Dickinson. (Dickinson needs to get stronger, but fortunately, he has the frame to really grow into, and he's already blazing fast and looks like he could stick at center. Even if he's only a fast wing, there's a place in the NHL for it.)

11. Matt Kessel. (Kessel is dominating college. Not to the same extent as Perunovich did, but he's looking like another good pick from the college ranks. Note to self: never doubt the Blues when it comes to college defensemen.)

12. Mathias Laferrière. (I like him a lot. I don't think he's more than a middle six winger, and some may call him a tweener, but I think he can prove to be a solid player, albeit more offensively inclined.)

13. Joel Hofer. (I know, I know, Hofer this low is weird, but I don't trust goalies for the most part after Husso/Fitzpatrick. Still, Hofer looks really, really good from what I've seen, and I'm hoping that he can prove this ranking and me wrong.)

14. Alexei Toropchenko. (He's a bottom six winger with rare size and speed who would rank higher if he didn't have hands of stone. Still, I think that Berube will really love him on the forecheck.)

15. Keean Washkurak. (A ball of energy who should be another solid bottom-six forward. I don't know if he sticks at center or moves to wing, but he should be another solid forecheck option.)

16. Hugh McGing. (He's undersized, yes, but he has a nose for the net that some bigger players wish they had. He could be a solid bottom six forward who will do whatever is necessary; his size hasn't limited him too much in college, and I'm hoping it'll be the same in the NHL.)

17. Jake Walman. (Will Walman ever recapture the magic he had in his early college career? I don't know, but this seems like as good a spot as any to take a gamble.)

18. Colton Ellis. (Ellis looks like a solid goaltender option, but he's here because, yes, he's a goalie. I know it's unfair to him, but I simply don't trust even the best goalie prospects.)

19. Vadim Zherenko. (Zherenko looks like another solid goaltender who could be in a tandem. My question - aside from him being a goalie - is this: does he come over from Russia?)

20. Nolan Stevens. (I still have faith in Stevens to turn things around, and the fact that he's a center gives him the edge over someone like Poganski. I think that Poganski is more of a McEachern type: a physical winger, but a 13th forward nonetheless. Stevens, while he's likely a 13th forward, can at least play center.)

Honorable Mention: Eric Foley. (If he ever gets over his concussion issues, I still think he could be a solid power forward middle six option (who would slot between Kessel and Laferrière). Of course, I hope he gets better overall, first and foremost.)

Feel free to rip me to shreds, guys.

Reactions: simon IC

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Foley will be 24 at the end of June. I think you can write him off at this point as a future day-to-day NHLer because it will take a while to get back in the flow, re-develop his talent and rise to that level of play and rise above younger players who've been playing consistently. Honestly, him getting back on the ice would be an accomplishment; playing in even one NHL game would be incredible. I'd say it's 75/25 or better he's done though.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’ll dive in:
  1. Kyrou- I admittedly wasn’t as high on him as many others, but he has made quite an impression this season.
  2. Perunovich- I expect we will see him here by end of season.
  3. Neighbours- I don’t buy that he is only 3rd liner. Think he has top 6 upside.
  4. Hofer- goalies are super hard to predict, but his WJC performance suggests that he could be quality starter some day.
  5. Alexandrov- Expect he will be middle 6 winger. Likely competes for roster spot on 2022.
  6. Mikkola- I don’t but that he is next Parayko, but he is NHL ready 3rd pair D and that ain’t nothing.
  7. Kostin- Has some physical tools but question hockey sense and upside.
  8. Tucker- Made strong progress since drafted. Question his skating still.
  9. Peterson- Is he closer to next Backes or next Kurker? Probably closer to Mac Mac but wide range of possibilities.
  10. McGing- Forgotten prospect. I think he makes it as bottom 6er.
  11. Toropchenko- Potential 4th liner. Flashes skill but don’t think he has enough offensive awareness to play higher in lineup.
  12. Zherenko- Likely never plays in NA, but has intriguing upside.
  13. Washkurak- I don’t expect much from any of the guys ranked here or lower. Maybe he is next Sobotka, more likely an AHLer.
  14. Poganski- Good AHLer. Don’t expect much more from him.
  15. Ellis- Maybe a backup one day.
  16. Laferriere- Skilled but.. probably ends up in Europe where soft skilled players can make a living.
  17. Loof- Would love to say I see him as next Brodin, but if he becomes next Mikkola that wouldn’t be bad result.
  18. Dickinson- He sounds like Washkurak, only less so.
  19. Walkman- I no longer buy into his upside like I once did, but he seems ready to serve as spare defenseman.
  20. Kessel- Not swayed by early goals this year, but not much else left.
Admittedly I have limited or less viewings on most of them, but that is what I got.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
(As a note, I tend to go off on potential of players, not necessarily the ability to fit in a certain place. So bottom six players/goalies tend to be lower in my rankings.)

1. Jordan Kyrou. (The obvious choice, given that Kyrou can be a top six winger if given a chance. Can fly, can pass, can do everything offensively. Defense is a question, but he could prove to be decent.)

2. Scott Perunovich. (Dominated college. Could easily slot into the top four defensive pairings if given time and development. Even if he doesn't meet sky-high expectations, could still be a good puck-moving defenseman with offensive skills.)

3. Niko Mikkola. (I'm more bullish on him than most; I think he can be a 3rd/4th defensive defenseman in the mold of a more physical Bouwmeester. Even if he doesn't meet those expectations, will still be a good bottom pairing defenseman; players with his size and speed are rare.)

4. Jake Neighbours. (I've really warmed up to him after drafting him; he has sandpaper in his all-around game, with decent offensive skills that could increase with more usage. Either way, will likely be a middle six winger.)

5. Klim Kostin. (Has all the tools, but some question if he'll ever have open the toolbox. I think he can; I just hope he doesn't stay in Russia after this year. I think he could be really good.)

6. Nikita Alexandrov. (The fact that he's a center prospect bumps him up here, but he could be a good middle six center who has solid offensive skills. I liked the pick when it was made, and nothing's made me change my mind.)

7. Tyler Tucker. (A seventh round tough guy who really improved his skating and offensive ability, Tucker probably won't be the offensive force he was in juniors, but I do like his attitude, and think he could be an Edmundson type if he improves his skating to NHL level.)

8. Leo Lööf. (I'm higher on him than most, admittedly, but I think he could be a 3rd defenseman who does everything well, if not elite. He's already playing against men in Sweden and holding his own. Even if he becomes a Gunnarsson type, that's still a good NHL player.)

9. Dylan Peterson. (Kids with his height tend to take time to grow into their frame, but he's looking like another good pick with what he's doing in college. The fact that he's a center is a bonus.)

10. Tanner Dickinson. (Dickinson needs to get stronger, but fortunately, he has the frame to really grow into, and he's already blazing fast and looks like he could stick at center. Even if he's only a fast wing, there's a place in the NHL for it.)

11. Matt Kessel. (Kessel is dominating college. Not to the same extent as Perunovich did, but he's looking like another good pick from the college ranks. Note to self: never doubt the Blues when it comes to college defensemen.)

12. Mathias Laferrière. (I like him a lot. I don't think he's more than a middle six winger, and some may call him a tweener, but I think he can prove to be a solid player, albeit more offensively inclined.)

13. Joel Hofer. (I know, I know, Hofer this low is weird, but I don't trust goalies for the most part after Husso/Fitzpatrick. Still, Hofer looks really, really good from what I've seen, and I'm hoping that he can prove this ranking and me wrong.)

14. Alexei Toropchenko. (He's a bottom six winger with rare size and speed who would rank higher if he didn't have hands of stone. Still, I think that Berube will really love him on the forecheck.)

15. Keean Washkurak. (A ball of energy who should be another solid bottom-six forward. I don't know if he sticks at center or moves to wing, but he should be another solid forecheck option.)

16. Hugh McGing. (He's undersized, yes, but he has a nose for the net that some bigger players wish they had. He could be a solid bottom six forward who will do whatever is necessary; his size hasn't limited him too much in college, and I'm hoping it'll be the same in the NHL.)

17. Jake Walman. (Will Walman ever recapture the magic he had in his early college career? I don't know, but this seems like as good a spot as any to take a gamble.)

18. Colton Ellis. (Ellis looks like a solid goaltender option, but he's here because, yes, he's a goalie. I know it's unfair to him, but I simply don't trust even the best goalie prospects.)

19. Vadim Zherenko. (Zherenko looks like another solid goaltender who could be in a tandem. My question - aside from him being a goalie - is this: does he come over from Russia?)

20. Nolan Stevens. (I still have faith in Stevens to turn things around, and the fact that he's a center gives him the edge over someone like Poganski. I think that Poganski is more of a McEachern type: a physical winger, but a 13th forward nonetheless. Stevens, while he's likely a 13th forward, can at least play center.)

Honorable Mention: Eric Foley. (If he ever gets over his concussion issues, I still think he could be a solid power forward middle six option (who would slot between Kessel and Laferrière). Of course, I hope he gets better overall, first and foremost.)

Feel free to rip me to shreds, guys.
Why would anyone rip on this? You provided an informed list, with a brief description of each prospect and why you feel they deserve their assigned ranking. Obviously, you have gone out of your way to watch, or at least read about these prospects. That is more than many here, including myself, have posted, so I commend you on it. I don't agree with your rankings entirely, but in general, it is a pretty comprehensive list.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
  1. Kyrou
  2. Mikkola
  3. Poganski
  4. Kostin
  5. Walman
  6. Kessel
  7. Neighbours
  8. Perunovich
  9. Laferriere
  10. Kaspick
  11. Alexandrov
  12. Tucker
  13. Hofer
  14. McGinn
  15. Dickinson
  16. Ellis
  17. Reinke
  18. Loof
  19. Stevens
  20. Washkurak

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
  1. Kyrou
  2. Mikkola
  3. Poganski
  4. Kostin
  5. Walman
  6. Kessel
  7. Neighbours
  8. Perunovich
  9. Laferriere
  10. Kaspick
  11. Alexandrov
  12. Tucker
  13. Hofer
  14. Alexandrov
  15. Dickinson
  16. Ellis
  17. Reinke
  18. Loof
  19. Stevens
  20. Washkurak

Wow, give me some of what you are drinking! ;-)

Quite a couple of hot takes in that list, but hats off for ranking both Alexandrov brothers.

Reactions: Blueston and Ranksu

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
1. Kyrou
2. Perunovich
3. Neighbors
4.Alexandrov
5. Hofer
6. Mikkola
7. Peterson
8. Kostin
9. Washkurak
10.McGing
11.Ellis
12.Zherenko
13.Kaspick
14.Tucker
15. Laferriere
16. Walman
17. Stevens
18. Kessell
19. Loof
20. Dickenson

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am higher on Mikkola than some, and not as high on Perunovich as most. I readily admit that Perunovich has a higher ceiling than Mikkola or Kostin, but I ranked the other two higher because I am not convinced Perunovich's skill set is guaranteed to translate to the NHL. I certainly hope Perunovich succeeds, don't get me wrong, but I need to see how he fares in the AHL before I rank him higher.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I am higher on Mikkola than some, and not as high on Perunovich as most. I readily admit that Perunovich has a higher ceiling than Mikkola or Kostin, but I ranked the other two higher because I am not convinced Perunovich's skill set is guaranteed to translate to the NHL. I certainly hope Perunovich succeeds, don't get me wrong, but I need to see how he fares in the AHL before I rank him higher.
Only what worried about Perunovich is he is so small and doesn't have best of skating. He look so raw in scrimmages. He didn't impress me at all. Walman was miles ahead of him. And yes he's 2-year older. Perunovich looked like he belongs in the juniors.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
1. Jordan Kyrou
2. Jake Neighbours
Seemed to be considered a reach by many, but he is the highest drafted prospect in this pool and I trust the Blues drafting ability.
3. Scott Perunovich
Has accomplished everything you'd want from a prospect at the collegiate level. Never come away that impressed when I see him though. His size is obviously an issue and I'm not sure he has the skating ability to compensate. Hard for me to see him playing big minutes in the NHL.
4. Klim Kostin
Thought about putting him above Perunovich, but we'll see if he can keep the momentum rolling in the KHL. It seems that coming to NA so early probably was not good for his development. I think he would thrive here if he can put it all together. If...
5. Joel Hofer
6. Niko Mikkola
About to turn 25 so he's definitely the closest to a finished product of anyone on this list. Like what I've seen so far though.
7. Dylan Peterson
Very intrigued by him.
8. Nikita Alexandrov
9. Hugh McGing
Captain of Western Michigan last year, led the team in points, and was named first team All-American. Great skater.
10. Tyler Tucker
11. Vadim Zherenko
Only information I have on him is his elite prospects page and whatever scouting reports I've read, which seem to say good things. Not like I could really evaluate a goalie prospect anyway.
12. Matt Kessel
Want to learn more about him after this strong start to his season.
13. Keean Washkaruk
14. Colten Ellis
15. Mathias Laferriere
16. Alexei Toropchenko
Didn't rank Leo Loof or Tanner Dickinson because I don't know much about them, though they both probably belong somewhere on this list.

Interested to hear other people's takes on Neighbours. I see some have him ranked fairly low considering the draft capital the Blues invested in him.

Edit: Forgot Ellis

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interested to hear other people's takes on Neighbours. I see some have him ranked fairly low considering the draft capital the Blues invested in him.
He looks brickwall, goes hard to net' type of player. Written in wall he's bottom 9 player than top6. We have players who bottom 9 ceiling so I rank Neighbours with them.

There was forwards behind Neighbours who has higher ceiling and clearly better hockey IQ, skating, almost everything. I think this is good comparison for TT pick what we made. Blues type of player, but not best player available.

Elite Prospects - NHL Entry Draft 2016

I dont blame at all Bill Armstrong he has draft great players, but someway I have feeling Army was pushing behind to go after one type of players.

This is just my take on how I have review Blues drafts. :dunno:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad