Aug 5, 2011
1) Jordan Kyrou - 83.3% (Run-off Vote)
2) Scott Perunovich - 76.9%
3) Klim Kostin - 57.9%
4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%
5) Jake Neighbours - 61.1%
6) Nikita Alexandrov - 48.6%
7) Joel Hofer - 69.4%

Well Hofer becomes the first goalie to crack the prospect rankings. Not surprising given his rise over the last year and a half. He's a technically sound goalie with good size and mobility that plays a heavy angles game (i.e. the style the Blues love). He's had a stellar junior resume ever since becoming the starter for both WHL teams he's been apart of. And to top it off, he was arguably the largest reason Canada won gold in the World Juniors. But goalies will forever be the hardest position to project, so only time will tell if he becomes a starter in the pros.

Anyways, onto #8!

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
As for myself, I'm going with Tucker here. His skating has improved by leaps and bounds to the point where I think he can actually utilize his skillset effectively. I don't know if it's good enough, right now, to push for an NHL spot. But I think he can drive the question in two years time.

Then again, the guy loves to prove me wrong, so he might just become the Blues next #1 defenseman for all I know.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I've got Walman, Tucker and Toropchenko all at around the same level right now, so I went with Walman solely based on the fact that the team was willing to give him a one way contract for the second year of his extension. The clock is ticking on him - if he doesn't make his way into at least a #7 role in the next two years he will probably be a career AHL-er.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Walman and Poganski are fringe NHL-ers and will probably never be more than that, so went with Peterson, he's a bit of an unknown, but from what I've read and seen he's probably the guy left with most upside.

Reactions: Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
For me it’s between Tucker, Peterson and Toropchenko.
I’ll go with Peterson because of the upside. His scouting report reads a lot like an early Sanford scouting report. I can see him developing into a fairly solid middle 6 forward. For me, that has more value than a bottom pair D(don’t get me wrong, Tucker looks like a better version of Bortz but that is still a bottom pair D) or a 4th line forward even if they are closer to being NHL ready.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Tucker again, but it was close. I had almost forgotten about Peterson, being drafted in the late rounds so recently. I read some reports on Peterson after posters on this thread spoke highly of him. I agree that he has the highest upside of anyone left.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Walman and Poganski are fringe NHL-ers and will probably never be more than that, so went with Peterson, he's a bit of an unknown, but from what I've read and seen he's probably the guy left with most upside.
Poganski has better offensively game then MacMac. Easily Poganski could play 4th line now.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Poganski has better offensively game then MacMac. Easily Poganski could play 4th line now.

If Poganski could 'easily' play 4th line minutes (with us), he would already have done so on a larger basis. Only times we've played him is when we had multiple injured forwards. And while he played 'okay' in those games, it wasn't enough yet to warrant more. MacEachern has already shown he's a decent 13th/14th forward, so he's ahead of Poganski in my book. Besides that, Poganski's last season with the Rampage was decent, but nothing more than that.

Having said that, I do hope he has a great camp and proves me wrong and shows he's a player that can 'easily' play on our 4th line. I just don't see him beating out Barbashev, Sundqvist, Steen (if fit), MacEachern, De la Rose and Clifford. He's going to be our 14th forward at max and probably will play for the Thunderbirds. I'd put Poganski in the 'Nolan Stevens/Nathan Walker/Sam Anas category': useful injury replacements.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At this point these guys are all pretty long shots to "make it," so I'll just go with my gut...I love Washkurak's attitude and play style. Caught a couple Mississauga games last season and he definitely stood out in a positive way.

Tucker does seem to have come a long way with his skating, which is great to see. The Blues released a clip of practice/scrimmage before the playoffs where Tucker was playing LW for some reason and he scored 2 highlight reel goals (one where he beat Scandella like a rented mule). I used to be way down on him as a prospect, but here's hoping he proves me wrong!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If Poganski could 'easily' play 4th line minutes (with us), he would already have done so on a larger basis. Only times we've played him is when we had multiple injured forwards. And while he played 'okay' in those games, it wasn't enough yet to warrant more. MacEachern has already shown he's a decent 13th/14th forward, so he's ahead of Poganski in my book. Besides that, Poganski's last season with the Rampage was decent, but nothing more than that.

Having said that, I do hope he has a great camp and proves me wrong and shows he's a player that can 'easily' play on our 4th line. I just don't see him beating out Barbashev, Sundqvist, Steen (if fit), MacEachern, De la Rose and Clifford. He's going to be our 14th forward at max and probably will play for the Thunderbirds. I'd put Poganski in the 'Nolan Stevens/Nathan Walker/Sam Anas category': useful injury replacements.
Same reaso what goes with Mikkola, Logjam.

In other team they both would play more games at NHL level.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Same reaso what goes with Mikkola, Logjam.

In other team they both would play more games at NHL level.

You're right. On other teams. But i'm ranking the players how they'd possibly fit the Blues, not how they would fit the Red Wings. ;)

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
You're right. On other teams. But i'm ranking the players how they'd possibly fit the Blues, not how they would fit the Red Wings. ;)
I'll still stick on what I've seen about Poganski he's NHL ready. At this stage I would give icetime for Poganski vs. slow/unhealthy Steen.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I agree. I’ll go with Poganski. He is ready to hold down a part-time 4th-line roll.

Most of the others are simply shiny new toys.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad