• Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
1) Jordan Kyrou - 83.3% (Run-off Vote)
2) Scott Perunovich - 76.9%
3) Klim Kostin - 57.9%
4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%
5) Jake Neighbours - 61.1%

Newly acquired Jake Neighbours takes the #5 spot. With that, both 1st rounders left in the Blues system are off the board. Neighbours definitely has the talent to be an NHL player and should find himself on a professional roster in a typical 3 - 4 year timetable. The only question left for him is if he can be more than Kostin or Alexandrov. Hopefully 2020 doesn't screw with his development too much so he can prove that.

On to #6.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Went with Poganski. I think he should make it into the line up this season.

Washkuruk also.

I was just not impressed with Alexandrov last season.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hofer. Goalies always hard to project but he has #1 upside.
Pretty much my thinking as well. He looked great in the World Juniors and seemed to have the right size but more importantly mental make up for success at higher levels. Small sample size tho and as you say, goalies are always hard to predict.

FWIW I have Hofer and Alexandrov ranked very closely

Washkuruk also.

I was just not impressed with Alexandrov last season.
Did you see many of his games in the Q? Would love to hear some scouting reports from folks who watched some of his Q games.

All I really saw from Alexandrov was the WJC and I thought he looked really good there. His stat line from the Q is pretty meh (not terrible or anything, but not great) but I haven’t seen much of his play in the Q other than some highlights...

Reactions: Blueston

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
I voted Hofer because of Army. If Armstrong thinks he has great potential, I will blindly follow until I get to see him play.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Alexandrov. From what I have observed and read, he is a very intelligent player who thinks the game well. He may not be as talented as some of our other prospects, but he has already shown that he understands defensive play. I honestly think he has the ability to become a bottom 6 two way forward. Not sexy, but useful.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I went with Alexandrov. From what I have observed and read, he is a very intelligent player who thinks the game well. He may not be as talented as some of our other prospects, but he has already shown that he understands defensive play. I honestly think he has the ability to become a bottom 6 two way forward. Not sexy, but useful.

Alexandrov gives me a Lars Eller vibe. Solid, but unspectacular. Hofer could very well be the best prospect of the lot, but goalies are voodoo, and Zherenko (or Ellis for that matter) could just as well be the next one as could Hofer. Too much risk for either to go ahead of Alexandrov.

Last edited:

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
For me it was a toss up between Hofer and Alexandrov but I went with Alexandrov by a hair. I like Hofer's potential and is probably the Blues best goalie prospect, but just like any goaltender they are like a box of chocolates, You never know what you gonna get. In the highlight videos of Alexandrov I like his defensive game, He isn't sexy but he'll be a useful bottom 6 2 way forward that's why I went with him.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I voted Hofer as I explained above, but Alexandrov is nice prospect and think he is future NHLer.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I guess you forgot to press vote button.

Poganski again for me.

He's NHL ready 4th liner with better offensive tools compare MacMac. I was impressed what I saw on him.

Hopefully at next pre-season games I could see Toro and Kaspick playing.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
For me it's between Hofer and Alexandrov. But, it's impossible to compare a goalie to a skater, unless one is bad at playing his position, and the other is good at his. If they are both at roughly the same rank relative to their peers for each of their positions, a gut call has to be made. I'll go with Alexander, because young goalies are generally a lot farther from where they will end up than skaters. Accurate calls are made later in a goaltender's career, because mental issues can ruin even a great goalie's career at any time.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I guess you forgot to press vote button.

Poganski again for me.

He's NHL ready 4th liner with better offensive tools compare MacMac. I was impressed what I saw on him.

Hopefully at next pre-season games I could see Toro and Kaspick playing.

You are right. That was a fail.

Reactions: Ranksu

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Here is my list up to #7:
1) Jordan Kyrou
2) Scott Perunovich
3) Joel Hofer
4) Jake Neighbours
5) Niko Mikkola
6) Klim Kostin