• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
1) Jordan Kyrou - 83.3% (Run-off Vote)
2) Scott Perunovich - 76.9%
3) Klim Kostin - 57.9%
4) Niko Mikkola - 42.9%

Niko Mikkola takes it over Neighbours by a slim margin. I've been a fan of Mikkola for a long time. He's a great defensive option with great mobility and excellent defensive intelligence. I could see him being a great complimentary piece to any pairing.

Time for number 5. Let's get it on!

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I went Poganski. He's next NHL ready prospect. IMO he could have played last season in 4th line. All written he's MacMac 2.0, I'll take it. I view Poganski has more upside in his offensive game compare to MacMac.

Neighbours might have better potential, but he's most likely end up 3rd liner and he's years behind reaching his potential. We know too little about him. That's why I go Poganski which I know for sure being NHL'er.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Neighbours by a hair over Alexandrov. Both are likely NHL'ers. Neighbours has a slightly higher ceiling, Alexandrov a lower floor. It may be closer for me than many others, because I like Alexandrov's defensive ability. Neighbours gets it because I think he has more potential to be impactful.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
I went with Neighbors also. He has a higher ceiling then Alexandrov, by a fair amount.

I like Poganski also, but he falls into the 4th liner category for me so... while closed the. Neighbors, I don’t think he has the ability to play above the 4th line.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
During his interview, Doug Armstrong mentioned Thomas, Kyrou, Dunn, Perunovich and Hofer as the future. Particularly calling out Perunovich and Hofer multiple times. I think that speaks to how the organization feels about those players.

Reactions: Blueston and Spear

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
During his interview, Doug Armstrong mentioned Thomas, Kyrou, Dunn, Perunovich and Hofer as the future. Particularly calling out Perunovich and Hofer multiple times. I think that speaks to how the organization feels about those players.
Sorry, I don't have much confidence in a defense corps with Dunn, Perunovich, Faulk, and Krug as its core. Not at all.

Reactions: Vollie27

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
You conveniently omit Parayko, who Army has anointed as our #1D.
Can't wait to see what Parayko gets offered by the Blues after that, especially if he plays up to those expectations - because if he plays up to all these expectations, he'll be pushing $10 million per.

Reactions: The Note

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Can't wait to see what Parayko gets offered by the Blues after that, especially if he plays up to those expectations - because if he plays up to all these expectations, he'll be pushing $10 million per.
Well, there will be many that jump to the conclusion that if Army does "X" for Parayko he should have been willing to do the same thing for Petro, not understanding that you have to make tough decisions as a GM and maybe he felt like he couldn't do what it takes to keep both so he opted to keep that top drawer money available for Parayko.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm not saying that people aren't justified in voting for Joel Hofer given the rise he's had as a prospect.

I will say that people should start to look at Vadim Zherenko has someone to give him competition. I didn't vote for Zherenko, but his numbers are looking damn good for a professional goalie, let alone one at his age. I'd say he should start to get some looks from now on.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada

I know this isn't relevant to prospects but i just want to say, if the Blues can't pay Petro what he is worth then why should they pay Colt for what he is worth. I've ready come to the conclusion that Colt will be gone in 2 years, for that reason and that reason alone.

Anyways i voted for Jake Neighbours. He wil be a NHL'er and will be impactful as i see him as a version of Matthew Tkachuk. Neighbours might not be as skilled as Tkachuk is but Neighbors is just as agitating as Tkachuk is.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I'm not saying that people aren't justified in voting for Joel Hofer given the rise he's had as a prospect.

I will say that people should start to look at Vadim Zherenko has someone to give him competition. I didn't vote for Zherenko, but his numbers are looking damn good for a professional goalie, let alone one at his age. I'd say he should start to get some looks from now on.

Zherenko certainly has legit skill.
Unfortunately, the memory of Konstantin Barulin is still fresh in my mind.
Until Zherenko plays in NA or at least signs an ELC; I don't know that I can rank him overly high on the prospect list, and even then I would have a hard time putting him above Hofer and Ellis(not to mention Husso who is apparently no longer a prospect).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

He is intriguing prospect but he is in Russian minor leagues. Given difference in quality between NHL and KHL, I would presume this league is about ECHL quality.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

I certainly agree with you based on numbers, but I haven't seen him play. I think with Hofer, Zherenko and Ellis we have three legitimate bites at the apple for someone to step in behind either Binnington or Husso in the next few years.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Anyone else remember when Evan Fitzpatrick was highly regarded coming out of juniors after backstopping Acadie-Bathurst to a Memorial Cup title, including a shutout in the title game?

And we had to start him at Tulsa (ECHL) because we already had Husso (the next heir apparent) and Binnington (the afterthought) at San Antonio and there was no place for Fitzpatrick, but Tulsa was at least a place to play while we figured out how to unclog things in net until Evan had a place on the Rampage roster?

Yeah, that was an eternity ago. 2018. Now he's not even one of the top-3 goalie prospects. It really doesn't take much to go from future hero to present zero in Blues prospect world.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Anyone else remember when Evan Fitzpatrick was highly regarded coming out of juniors after backstopping Acadie-Bathurst to a Memorial Cup title, including a shutout in the title game?

And we had to start him at Tulsa (ECHL) because we already had Husso (the next heir apparent) and Binnington (the afterthought) at San Antonio and there was no place for Fitzpatrick, but Tulsa was at least a place to play while we figured out how to unclog things in net until Evan had a place on the Rampage roster?

Yeah, that was an eternity ago. 2018. Now he's not even one of the top-3 goalie prospects. It really doesn't take much to go from future hero to present zero in Blues prospect world.
Maybe he’s on the Binnington developmental path?

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
........ seriously......... move on.

I really don’t want to see every thread turn into a pissing on moaning thread. Let’s keep this thread on topic.
My my haven't I been told. Absolutely and as you wish. Once again I voted for Neighbours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad