12) Austin Poganski - 36.7%
13) Hugh McGing - 25.0%
14) Colten Ellis - 52.6% (Run-off Vote)
15) Mathias Laferriere - 42.3%
16) Leo Loof - 32.0%
17) Matt Kessel - 37.0%
18) Vadim Zherenko - 38.5%
19) Tanner Dickinson - 54.5%

And with that, Dickinson takes the 19th spot. He's the prospect I'm most interested in from the 2020 draft. He has talent in spades with skating to back it up. His strengths resemble the same strengths Kyrou had in juniors that catapulted him as one of the top prospects in the league. That is in no way saying Dickinson will follow the same path. But he could become a huge riser given his ability. With how little exposure he's had, he's nothing bu question marks at this point in time. On one hand, that gives plenty of pause for worry. However, that also means he's one of the most exciting prospects to watch for the foreseeable future.

With all that said, let's finish the top-20!

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Walman easily - though Stevens has an outside shot at being a call-up option for the fourth line at some point in his career.

Reactions: Blueston

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Stevens, Walman or Reinke...voted Stevens, but I'd be shocked if even one of these guys appeared in more than 20 NHL games for any team.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I went with Stevens. I think he has just as much a chance to become a regular NHL'er as Waman or Reinke.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Voted Stevens. In my opinion, he's probably going to have more of an impact than Walman or Reinke, albeit as a fourth line center role. Honestly prefer Stevens over guys like Poganski.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Voted Stevens. In my opinion, he's probably going to have more of an impact than Walman or Reinke, albeit as a fourth line center role. Honestly prefer Stevens over guys like Poganski.
Stevens looked garbage at scrimmage.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m apparently the only one on here who hasn’t completely given up on Evan Fitzpatrick. Did we learn nothing from Binnington’s developmental arc? I’ve been voting for Evan for several polls now. I don’t see a reason to stop at 20, or at least no more reason than there was to stop at 1.

Reactions: FrenchBlue

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That was the plan I laid out in the previous poll. I did leave it up to discussion in case others wished to continue. But at this point, no one has asked to change that, so I’d say stopping at 20 is the plan.
Now we should vote out own top20 ballot ranking. Btw last year ballot ranking isn't sum up.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I’m apparently the only one on here who hasn’t completely given up on Evan Fitzpatrick. Did we learn nothing from Binnington’s developmental arc? I’ve been voting for Evan for several polls now. I don’t see a reason to stop at 20, or at least no more reason than there was to stop at 1.
That must be lonely ship you are on. He has been bad, even at echl. Bennington never posted stats this abysmal.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Scott Wheeler of The Athletic had Michel ranked higher than Loof and Kessel, who didn’t make his list (it stopped at 15). That’s a very odd take. Mikkola and Kyrou graduated and weren’t ranked).

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Scott Wheeler of The Athletic had Michel ranked higher than Loof and Kessel, who didn’t make his list (it stopped at 15). That’s a very odd take. Mikkola and Kyrou graduated and weren’t ranked).
He also had Kostin much lower than we did.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What similarities do you see between the development arcs of Fitzpatrick and Binnington? Personally, I don't really see any similarity between the two.

Fitzpatrick had one good playoff run in junior 3 years ago and has been really bad since (capping it off with a sub .900 save% in the ECHL last year). Binnington posted an extremely strong ECHL season followed by several strong AHL seasons before finally getting a chance in the NHL. For comparison, both guys played significant time in the ECHL during their 20 year old season. Binnington's stats: 40 GP 2.35 GAA .922 SV% (playoffs - 3 GP 1.88 GAA .946 SV%). Fitzpatrick's stats: 25 GP 3.30 GAA .874 SV% (playoffs - 2 GP 6.30 GAA .769 SV%).

Frankly, I have zero hopes for Fitzpatrick moving forward...maybe I am writing him off to quickly tho.

Reactions: Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

To add to what Blueston said: last season he was the 3rd goalie after Devin Williams and Olle Eriksson Ek at Tulsa, the games he played where so bad that the Blues decided to remove him from Tulsa and give him a fresh start and loan him to the Brampton Beast (the Senators ECHL-affiliate). He played so poorly there that the Blues pulled him from there too. After that they let him be in limbo for a bit with the Rampage, closing the season again as the 3rd goalie for Tulsa.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

I guess he didn't knew Lööf and Kessel and therefore decided to pick a player who he was familiar with? Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to pick Michel over those two guys. I absolutely wish the best for him, but even in my wildest fantasy I cannot imagine Michel will ever play an NHL game. Michel is a 'Usports' kinda player IMO.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I guess he didn't knew Lööf and Kessel and therefore decided to pick a player who he was familiar with? Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to pick Michel over those two guys. I absolutely wish the best for him, but even in my wildest fantasy I cannot imagine Michel will ever play an NHL game. Michel is a 'Usports' kinda player IMO.
He responded to my question on this and said he debated Kessel over Michel but doesn’t think Loof will ever be an NHL player...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00