11) Keean Washkurak - 29%
12) Austin Poganski - 36.7%
13) Hugh McGing - 25.0%
14) Colten Ellis - 52.6% (Run-off Vote)
15) Mathias Laferriere - 42.3%
16) Leo Loof - 32.0%
17) Matt Kessel - 37.0%
18) Vadim Zherenko - 38.5%

The Russian goalie takes the number 18 spot. Although the VHL is a lower league in the Russian system, he's still been posting impressive numbers as the starting goalie for Dynamo (or at least I assume he's the starting goalie by this point). He's an impressive size and quite young for his draft. He's been noticed internationally as well as evidenced by his WJC team Russia invite. As stated in previous polls, goalies are never a sure bet until they are, so all of this could mean nothing by next year. But to Zherenko's credit, he hasn't done anything thus far to make me think he has no shot.

Let's start #19!

P.S. as a trend that's started the last few years I've been running the Top-20 poll, we won't continue past number 20. There aren't many on this site that know much about Blues prospects even to this point. Anything past number 20 typically comes down to people voting almost randomly, so I think it best to end it there.

If there are any disagreements to this plan, please feel free to voice them. I have no problem continuing the poll if enough people think it best. But if no voices are made, I will assume everyone agrees with my initial thought. Just fair warning to all.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Dickinson again! Walman and Reinke are waiver eligible (cleared waivers) and in my book shouldn't be counted as prospects anymore. From the players that are left only Stevens (13/14th forward) and Dickinson have NHL potential. Choosing Dickinson.

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Did it? I vaguely remember a conversation where there was intent to use the HF definition. I don’t care much, just was supposed to see Walman’s name here.
"Hello all,

So I've been rather busy these past few months and as such I completely forgot top open up the annual Top-20 Prospects list. Thank you @Ranksu for reminding me.

Now, the ground rules for this list:
  1. As an arbitrary number, I decided that any Blues prospect that has played less than 41 games, or less than half of a season, will be considered a "prospect".
  2. Any Blues prospect below the age of 25 will be eligible.
  3. The prospect has to be Blues property at this current stage.
  4. Voting will take 2 days for the first ~10 spots (+/- 2-3) and then switch to a longer timeline to allow more chances to vote.
We can debate if the rules are acceptable, but I think these are fair for now. Without further ado, let the voting begin!"

Subsequently the # of games was amended to allow for inclusion of Kyrou.

Reactions: Ranksu

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
"Hello all,

So I've been rather busy these past few months and as such I completely forgot top open up the annual Top-20 Prospects list. Thank you @Ranksu for reminding me.

Now, the ground rules for this list:
  1. As an arbitrary number, I decided that any Blues prospect that has played less than 41 games, or less than half of a season, will be considered a "prospect".
  2. Any Blues prospect below the age of 25 will be eligible.
  3. The prospect has to be Blues property at this current stage.
  4. Voting will take 2 days for the first ~10 spots (+/- 2-3) and then switch to a longer timeline to allow more chances to vote.
We can debate if the rules are acceptable, but I think these are fair for now. Without further ado, let the voting begin!"

Subsequently the # of games was amended to allow for inclusion of Kyrou.
A discussion followed that post where the author indicated he hadn’t intended to vary from the precious years’ criteria, which have always been based on the HF definition of a prospect. I don’t really care to argue over the definition, as long as we are consistent. It seems weird to me to be calling Poganski and Walman prospects. I guess they are eligible for the Calder?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad