10) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.3%
11) Tyler Tucker - 43.6%
12) Leo Loof - 32.4%
13) Tanner Dickinson - 35.7%
14) Vadim Zherenko - 35.3%
15) Dylan Peterson - 48.6
16) Keean Washkurak - 57.1%
17) Mathias Laferriere - 53.3%

Laferriere is the 17th prospect on the list. For top end potential, he might have had the highest remaining since #14 or so. He's a cerebral player with quite a good mix of skill. He's a similar case to Blais at the same age, only I would put Blais much higher on play intelligence. Unfortunately, Laferriere has one major flaw to his game that will need to be fixed if he wishes to improve at higher levels of hockey. He has a consistency issue that seems to stem from a lack of maturity rather than normal growing pains in hockey. He's had questions from fans on his engagement level from game to game. He will have games where he is the most dominant player on the ice only to have games where he seems not to try at all. Of course this is speculative, but it does answer his scoring streaks, whether hot or cold. I view Laferriere as a player that has NHL talent, but the odds of him hitting anywhere close enough to make it is quite small. And unlike Blais, I don't know if Laferriere can change his game enough to make himself into a quality, or at least passable, bottom-6 talent. He's got the potential that one can be somewhat excited for, but a lack of drive or understanding on how to utilize his tools will cause him to falter. Still, the bottom-4th of any prospect list will have the same issue, so I'm happy enough that he has talent, regardless of if it translates of not.

Number 18!

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Voted Galloway.

Wanted to vote McGing at first but he's really, really small while not extremely talented.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
McGing looked pretty good at Traverse City so I'll go with him.
Galloway next.

I have a suggestion though; before doing a poll for #2o I think we need to do a poll to determine where Logan Brown should be inserted in the rankings. I think most people would agree that Brown should be inserted into the group someplace, and if he is that would round out our top 20 list(which is where we usually end the poll series). IF we want to continue after 20, we can always resume after the Brown poll.

Reactions: Beauterham

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad