7) Joel Hofer - 72.1%
8) Colten Ellis - 33.3%
9) Matt Kessel - 48.8%
10) Alexei Toropchenko - 27.3%
11) Tyler Tucker - 43.6%
12) Leo Loof - 32.4%
13) Tanner Dickinson - 35.7%
14) Vadim Zherenko - 35.3%

Vadim Zherenko becomes the third goalie to make the list and the number 14 prospect on the Blues list. He's had a great statistical career flipping time between the MHL and VHL all while turning 20 back in March. He posted a .922 sv% over 25 games for Dynamo in the VHL last year and finished the year playing in 4 playoff games with a .933 sv% before going on a lengthy playoff run in the MHL. He was even recognized by the Russian Junior National team by being one of the late call-ups before ultimately not making the roster. However, I can only comment on what it says on his stat sheet because finding consistent coverage of the VHL is hard to come by. I don't know how he looked in his time with Dynamo, but I can make some educated guesses. He split game time with Georgi Kuznetsov 50/50 (Zherenko playing 25 games and Kuznetsov playing 26). Considering Kuznetsov is over 3 years older, I'm going to assume that the Dynamo coach really liked what Zherenko was doing with his time there to force a 1A/1B goalie duo. That is enough to make me excited for Zherenko's future as he joins the new wave of legitimate Russian goalie prospects (Although no one should put him with any of the Samsonov's or Askarov's of the world as of yet). But it seems that Zherenko wants to spread his wings as he is now heading to the SM-Liiga as he joins Tampere along with fellow Blues prospect Leo Loof. While he will most likely be the back-up, at least to start, I do like his desire to expand his resume. It's clear he can play well in the VHL, but it's nice to see him take on new challenges (and more easily observable leagues). He's a goalie, so that means all of the above dialogue could prove meaningless as soon as next week. But for what it's worth, he hasn't done anything that would suggest he lacks ability. We will have to wait to see if he can join Hofer and Ellis as the great stable of Blues goalie prospects.

Number 15 opens now!

Reactions: CoMoBlues

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I like Washkurak's game. Wouldn't be surprised if he can carve out a decent NHL career as a bottom 6 energy guy/pest.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Voted for Peterson. In my honest opinion, he's going to tear up the NCAA with more playing time. After him, I'm going with Laferriere, then Washkurak.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoMoBlues

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Its easily between Peterson and Laferriere for me. I went with Laf. Peterson has the skills: Size, decent skating, decent shot, etc. He just hasn't produce impressive numbers at any level. His only ++ asset is his size, and he doesn't use it very well in my limited viewings. He should be dominating college at that size. I don't see much more than a big, defensively responsible 4th liner in his future. Whereas Laf in my limited viewing has ++ accuracy on his shot. That is a pro level asset. If he could put everything else together, he can rely on that to carve a middle 6 sniper role. But take that all with a huge grain of salt, as it is based on very limited viewings of both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad